Ever been beaten up

Good,bad,andrush

Or seriously injured?

Today, in MMA, I fought four guys all older and stronger then me, in a row. I'm tiny compared to these guys and a lot younger. But I still kicked butt tongue.gif

First fight I did pretty good, but got smacked around a bit, and a little tired. But I won.

Second round I suffered some powerful kicks to my thigh and I ate some hooks and uppercuts to the face and liver, and I was really tired, especially since I've been sick and out of shape lately. I got a cut near my eye in this fight. But I won, again.

A sip of water, and the real fight began. This guy threw a sloppy roundhouse and got me with it because I was tired. I recovered, but ran into a sidekick, straight into my nose. He recovered quickly and landed two punches, one in the rib, and another near the cut in my eye. Then I got showered with a series of quick punches and my mouth was bleeding everywhere. I couldn't walk or keep my guard up, and i got slammed. But that guy isn't so good on the floor so the second I saw an opening I took his back, and managed to choke him out.

Fourth and final fight, I got my ass kicked, brutally. And now I have a loose tooth, a bruise and cut around my eye, cuts in my gums and lips, and bruises in my shoulder, as well as a dislocated pinky on my left hand.

I know it's not that bad, but have you ever been beaten up like this, or just gone through a series of beatings?

Had quite few fist fights in my younger years. Last one I had, I was probably early 20's.

I won every fight I ever fought except one.

The one I lost taught me a lesson I never never forgot. I was forced to fight against my will. I was scared and pretty much let the kid beat the living shit out of me. I went home with my face a bloody mess. It was not pretty.

My father told me that night something that changed me forever. He said if you know your about to be in a fight and your can't avoid it this is what you do.

Make sure you throw the first punch, and make sure its a good one. Then follow it up immediately and do not stop throwing punches no matter what until you know your opponent is done.

I lived by this philosophy and it worked like a charm. I beat a guy twice my size once because I hit him so hard with the first shot he was thrown for a loop. I then hit him with a second, third and fourth shot before he could even react. He finally went down and I kicked in the head to finish him off.

Before you respond, let me say he was being quite nasty. He was calling my family some pretty vile things and said he was going to beat me senseless.

It was him who suffered that fate.

If you want to call my mother and sister a whore, and my father a drunken loser your getting my best and dirtiest fight.

I was 19 years old and I didn't care in the end what I did to the guy. He was 28 and twice my size and I did what I had to do.

I was young!!!!

I'm not saying this philosophy will always work, but it did for me.

Thankfully its been about 20 years since I have had a fight and I'd like to think I never will again.

However if forced to defend myself in the future, I will try and follow the method that kept me from getting beat up like I did that one time when I was probably 16 years old.

Edited by tick

I've been a big guy my whole life so people have stayed clear of picking fights with me. So, no i've never been beaten up at all.

You say this happened in MMA. Are you training for a professional career in that?

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 15 2011, 08:46 AM)
I've been a big guy my whole life so people have stayed clear of picking fights with me. So, no i've never been beaten up at all.

You say this happened in MMA. Are you training for a professional career in that?

no, just for exercise and self-defense. I'm no good laugh.gif

Never been beaten up, but when I was six I beat the crap out of David Lee Hudson, the little delinquent who lived across the street. He was eight.

We were in my backyard, which had a shitload of scrap lumber lying about because Dad was screening in the porch. David Lee was teasing my dog - he pulled the dog's ears hard, and the dog yelped in pain.

I picked up a length of 2x4 and laid the little bastard out with a swat to the kneecaps. Once he was able to breathe, he got up and ran home crying.

I have no idea if he told his parents and if so, whether they called mine. I told my mom why I'd smacked the little f*cker and didn't get into trouble.

For the record, if someone hurt either of my current dogs intentionally, I might be very inclined to do the exact same thing.

Yeah I had fights when I was a kid and when I was slightly older up until the end of the 80s.

I got beat up a few times, ending with several kicks to the head, and stomps to the head, lots of punches and kicks to the kidneys and ribs, but I had no serious damage and I never got a headache either, I still don't understand the term headache even now.

Mostly I got superficial damage, black eyes, busted nose etc the worst injury was a broken nose quite a few times. None of these really hurt that badly though, in the fight you just feel the impact and then a little pain in the area of the injury later when you touch it too much but it goes very quickly.

But that was decades ago, I think the last fight I had was about 1988...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 15 2011, 04:13 PM)
Yeah I had fights when I was a kid and when I was slightly older up until the end of the 80s.

I got beat up a few times, ending with several kicks to the head, and stomps to the head, lots of punches and kicks to the kidneys and ribs, but I had no serious damage and I never got a headache either, I still don't understand the term headache even now.

Mostly I got superficial damage, black eyes, busted nose etc the worst injury was a broken nose quite a few times. None of these really hurt that badly though, in the fight you just feel the impact and then a little pain in the area of the injury later when you touch it too much but it goes very quickly.

trink38.gif

Judging by your posts, I'd say you suffered internal damage without realizing it laugh.gif wink.gif unsure.gif bolt.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jun 15 2011, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 15 2011, 04:13 PM)

I got beat up a few times, ending with several kicks to the head, and stomps to the head, lots of punches  and kicks to the kidneys and ribs, but I had no serious damage and I never got a headache either, I still don't understand the term headache even now.

trink38.gif

Judging by your posts, I'd say you suffered internal damage without realizing it laugh.gif wink.gif unsure.gif bolt.gif

Cheeky bitch!!

1287.gif

I was a bit more effective in my later "fights" I'm a big boxing fan and did a bit of that in the late 80s so I incorporated a little of that in my scraps and consequently didn't get hit so much. Not that I'm Sugar Ray Leonard or anything more like Saccharine Ray Duckard...

laugh.gif

Wow, all this for just a class? It doesn't seem worth it to me! Anyway, to answer the question, no, I've never been beaten up. Worst was being pushed face first onto pavement and getting a big goose egg. My mother was furious, but the girl who did it was the daughter of a guy my father bought a lot of materials from for his summer job, so if he'd said anything, it might have caused too much trouble with the relationship.

Verbally is another story; I've been called more swear words in the last six months than in the previous 37 1/2 years combined. A section of our clientele at work has NO RESPECT for others as human beings. Absolute scum of the earth. I hope I DON'T ever meet any of these guys (edit: or women) outside of work, because I don't think I'd fare too well in an attack; I'm hoping my instincts/flexibility serve me well, if avoidance doesn't work. Or that I have something to use as a weapon!

Edited by 1 of the 7

I've never been in a fight and I hope like hell I never will be. I'm a skinny wimpy little pussy laugh.gif I couldn't punch out a spider. So I just try to stay on everybody's good side so nobody wants to kick my ass unsure.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 15 2011, 07:57 AM)
My father told me that night something that changed me forever. He said if you know your about to be in a fight and your can't avoid it this is what you do.
Make sure you throw the first punch, and make sure its a good one. Then follow it up immediately and do not stop throwing punches no matter what until you know your opponent is done.

That is often called "berserker mode" - an all-out offensive attack. Give your opponent/enemy no time to counter; put him into total defensive mode.

For me, all fighting is dirty. If someone is about to attack you, then you should go into berserker mode without any hesitation. All out war - hit him in the balls, the eyes, whatever it takes to protect yourself and make him stop. It's not like you're in a boxing ring and there are "rules". In real life, when you're attacked, you go ALL OUT. yes.gif

I was in a fight a few times in childhood, but only once as an "Adult". I was zoomin' on alcohol, pot, speeders, etc....but the guy deserved it! I hit him once, he started to go down, but then others broke up the fight. I then freaked out from the shock of being in a fight..... laugh.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jun 15 2011, 09:28 PM)
For me, all fighting is dirty. If someone is about to attack you, then you should go into berserker mode without any hesitation. All out war - hit him in the balls, the eyes, whatever it takes to protect yourself and make him stop. It's not like you're in a boxing ring and there are "rules". In real life, when you're attacked, you go ALL OUT. yes.gif

Thankfully I've never gotten into a fight, worst that ever happened is that my brother broke my ring finger once on accident, but I must agree with that statement. (Maybe an exception for some boxing, but all I learned about boxing is from Rocky movies and The Power of One. laugh.gif) I took a self-defense course in Ju-jitsu a year ago and learned some really useful moves, hits, and one of the things I learned is that if you're attacked, you just have to go all out. No mercy, because they won't give you any. Put them out long enough to get away and get help.

...Of course that doesn't apply to sports, but I'd say it certainly applies to the rest of life. Best thing is to not make yourself a target in the first place!

Beaten up? Yes. Seriously beaten up? No.

Broken nose, bruised, scar on my right hand middle finger knuckle, etc. Half of one of my front teeth is a piece of nylon that's been there since 1982. I didn't like fighting, I just usually wasn't given any choice. Pretty funny, since I graduated high scholl at 5'10" and 140, and most of these guys were cruising the 200+ mark. Still, I started evening the score my last year in school... then I started getting left alone. Nice. I think my last incident was in my early 20's. Thank God.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jun 16 2011, 01:28 PM)
Never been in a fight. I can usually defuse the situation before it gets out of hand. I have that effect on people.

That's good. And I really do stand by the idea that no insult is worth getting in a fight over. But even the most reasonable fast-talking negotiator ends up having a scrap or two on occasion. A brawling neanderthal all liquored-up will not listen to whatever words and slogans you may toss him. You could try and walk away but putting your back to that kind of person is something you shouldn't do. Unless taking the hits without swinging back is something you can do, there's no alternative but to defend yourself with all you've got.

http://www.movieorigins.com/reelfaces/bloodsport/blyng.jpg

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 16 2011, 06:13 AM)

I got beat up a few times, ending with several kicks to the head, and stomps to the head, lots of punches  and kicks to the kidneys and ribs, but I had no serious damage and I never got a headache either, I still don't understand the term headache even now.

trink38.gif

I'm surprised. I figured that all of your shaolin training would've made you quicker than the Silver Surfer. But I guess even the Surfer can get a beat down from time to time. cool10.gif

I've never been beaten up but have had several run-ins out here. The last altercation was a few years ago. But it wasn't much of a fight really...Here's the quick version: at a punk club..drunk buddy of mine falls down in a mosh pit..in a bit of open space where he's on his hands and knees as he's looking for his hat..I go towards him to help him up..punk out of nowhere kicks his head like he was going for a field goal..I grab the dude--one hand on his collar (choking him with the shirt itself)/the other hand on the belt/waist and hoist him up and throw him several feet [i guess all those workouts weren't wasted after all]..he lands violently and gets up slowly..he looks at me thinking about what he should do..I say "f**k off" then tell him to go home in Japanese..he slowly walks over to his friends and tells them (I presume)what happened..nobody does shit...help my drunk buddy who's hysterical and screaming about his hat..tell him, "Who knows? Let's get another beer" trink38.gif

[[a much longer version involving them trying to blackmail us can be told later]]