Why dogs are better than cats

Jaye

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 14 2011, 02:25 PM)
I love dogs. I had dogs growing up, and they roamed the woods and played with me...no cat would've done that. I have had one sweet cat as a pet in my lifetime, but that was an exception.

I'll tell you this, from very personal experience. I was a vet tech in college (I almost went to vet school) and I got bitten pretty badly by a Rottweiler. Stitches, puncture wounds, the whole nine yards.

I also got bitten on the finger (right beside my fingernail) by a cat. I got swollen lymph nodes, fever, and chills.

That one cat bite gave me ten times more pain and grief than the Rottweiler attack. yes.gif

Some time ago, my mom had friends over, and these friends decided to bring their Rottweiler with them. They're all inside the house, and the dog goes up to my mom, jumps up and stands on its hind legs in front of her with his paws on her shoulders, and proceeded to place his jaws around her neck. And held them there.

The friends took their time telling their dog to heel or get off or whatever -- maybe they thought the dog was just being playful? -- and my mom was absolutely terrified. Finally the dog gets down and my mom tells them to get the dog out of her house.

So yeah, I have a special place in my heart for Rottweilers -- or more specifically, for asshole people who own aggressive dogs and don't know how to keep them in line.

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 14 2011, 06:38 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 14 2011, 11:33 PM)
At least when I mow the lawn in my house

laugh.gif

That was actually intentional laugh.gif

Cat goes in a box, at least I know where it is. Dog leaves poopoos all over the lawn, it makes general lawncare a task almost as disgusting as the dog itself.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 13 2011, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 13 2011, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 13 2011, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 13 2011, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jun 13 2011, 11:22 PM)
Have you ever seen anyone walk their cat?

Yes. Yes I have.

But in general, I found not much difference living with a cat compared to living with a dog. Cats in general are cleaner animals - I mean, my dog eats its own shit then pukes it up - usually on my bed. My cat never did this.

laugh.gif I think something may be wrong with your dog.

my lab will eat any shit he can find and will eat leaves or dirt that has been pissed on. You can smell the piss on his breath, then he hurls.

My dog (who is DEAD now thank goodness) was NOTORIOUS for all of the above. angry.gif Not to mention leaving large puddles of liquidy poo all over the house at least once a week (because of eating stupid things), and digging in the trash and spreading it all over the entire house like a big garbage bomb. And when we are home, the constant barking 24/7 (at nothing)

Broke him of the barking as a puppy. Used the old water spray bottle and "no" trick when he would bark. Works too well. I have not heard him bark more than a couple of times in three years - always when a stranger is around, though.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 14 2011, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 14 2011, 06:38 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 14 2011, 11:33 PM)
At least when I mow the lawn in my house

laugh.gif

That was actually intentional laugh.gif

Cat goes in a box, at least I know where it is. Dog leaves poopoos all over the lawn, it makes general lawncare a task almost as disgusting as the dog itself.

This is true, but, we will pay the price and not count the cost.. Err, who am I kidding- it's a crappy job. I got a nice pooper scooper, and just put up with it. For my dog smile.gif

Where do pets come from?

A newly discovered chapter in the Book of Genesis has provided the answer to "where do pets come from?"

Adam and Eve said, "Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you anymore. We are lonesome here and it

is difficult for us to remember how much you love us."

God replied: "I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me when you

cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish, childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as l do in

spite of yourselves."

And God created a new animal to be with Adam and Eve, and he wagged his tail.

Adam said: "Lord, l have named all the animals in the Garden of Eden and cannot think of a name for this new animal."

God said: "Because l have created this animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own and he will be called DOG."

And DOG lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them and they were comforted and God was pleased and DOG was content and wagged his tail.

It came to pass that an angel came to the Lord and said: "Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and they preen like peacocks and

they believe they are worthy of adoration. DOG has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well."

God said: "l will create an animal for them who will see them as they are. This companion will remind them of their limitations and so they will know

that they are not always worthy of adoration."

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve and CAT did not obey them and when Adam and Eve gazed into CATS eyes they were

reminded that they were not supreme beings and Adam and Eve learned humility. They were greatly improved and God was pleased and DOG was

happy and wagged his tail and CAT didn't give a shit one way or another.

When was the last time you heard of a cat finding someone who was trapped in a collapsed building?

Or pulling a sled thousands of miles to deliver desperately needed medicine to a remote Alaskan town?

Or finding a shipment of narcotics disguised as children's toys?

Or running down and subduing a fleeing felon?

Or leading a blind man through busy city streets?

Or going and fetching a wounded soldier's medicine from a refrigerator?

Or finding hidden bombs designed to kill troops overseas?

Or alerting an elderly couple that someone's on their front porch at three am?

I thought not.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 14 2011, 01:17 PM)
Most control freaks prefer dogs

I love dogs and cats and love and respect them for their differences.

If a cat is pissing around the house it usually means they are being neglected or are sick. They cant use their words or cry like a baby does so how else are they supposed to let you know something is wrong with them.

yes.gif

They both have cool qualities. I enjoy both for different reasons. Cats are more punk rock than dogs. They do their own thing.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 15 2011, 07:08 AM)
I think I prefer wolverines.
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/animals/images/primary/wolverine.jpg
No burglar has ever left alive...and no visitors for that matter. ph34r.gif

Ohhhhh. wub.gif He's soooo cute! laugh.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 15 2011, 09:12 AM)
http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/animals/images/primary/wolverine.jpg
No burglar has ever left alive...and no visitors for that matter.  ph34r.gif

Yeah, but is he housebroken?

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 15 2011, 10:12 PM)
No burglar has ever left alive...and no visitors for that matter.  ph34r.gif

That he is! When I take him to the park for a walk everyone leaves for some reason. We end up having the whole place to ourselves! trink38.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 15 2011, 04:13 AM)
When was the last time you heard of a cat finding someone who was trapped in a collapsed building?

Or pulling a sled thousands of miles to deliver desperately needed medicine to a remote Alaskan town?

Or finding a shipment of narcotics disguised as children's toys?

Or running down and subduing a fleeing felon?

Or leading a blind man through busy city streets?

Or going and fetching a wounded soldier's medicine from a refrigerator?

Or finding hidden bombs designed to kill troops overseas?

Or alerting an elderly couple that someone's on their front porch at three am?

I thought not.

Or inducing the frenzy of "Caturday?"

bolt.gif

Why are Dogs better than Cats ? Because Cats SUCK......................

I have both and like them both for different reasons.

Living in the country I don't have to worry about the nonsense of hysterical neighbours lawns and my cats are pretty much free to go where they please...I have forests, hills and woodland on my doorstep so pretty damn good for dogs too.