Why dogs are better than cats

Jaye

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like both, but dogs are friendlier, loyal and trainable. I have my dog trained to pee on command so she is easier to travel with. She's smart though, sometimes she squats and doesn't go just so she can come back in.

The ONLY thing better about a cat is that you can go away for the weekend and leave the cat inside the house with lots of food, water and a clean litter box and not worry about it. You can not do that with a dog.

Cats do have a mean streak no matter how well you take care of them. My mom had a cat like Mara's moms, it bit me every time I went to her house.

I think my cat sticks it's claws into our laps on purpose. Last night it was in my lap "kneading" to get comfortable for a minute or two and them decided it needed to use it's claws. I said "ouch" and it took off running. I didn't even touch it. I am convinced it did it on purpose to see how I would react.

Most control freaks prefer dogs

I love dogs and cats and love and respect them for their differences.

If a cat is pissing around the house it usually means they are being neglected or are sick. They cant use their words or cry like a baby does so how else are they supposed to let you know something is wrong with them.

I love dogs. I had dogs growing up, and they roamed the woods and played with me...no cat would've done that. I have had one sweet cat as a pet in my lifetime, but that was an exception.

I'll tell you this, from very personal experience. I was a vet tech in college (I almost went to vet school) and I got bitten pretty badly by a Rottweiler. Stitches, puncture wounds, the whole nine yards.

I also got bitten on the finger (right beside my fingernail) by a cat. I got swollen lymph nodes, fever, and chills.

That one cat bite gave me ten times more pain and grief than the Rottweiler attack. yes.gif

You want to praise dogs, fine praise them. But when you attack the beloved cat, I got a problem with that!!!!

I love cats!

I....AM..... A........CAT......GEEK!!!!!!!!! 1022.gif

trink36.gif

Also, I present for your consideration:

Bomb-sniffing dogs

Search And Rescue dogs

Your local police "K-9" unit

I think we can safely conclude that dogs are certainly more useful. biggrin.gif

Oh, and tick is now TRF's resident Crazy Cat Lady. laugh.gif tongue.gif

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 14 2011, 03:00 PM)

Bomb-sniffing dogs
Search And Rescue dogs

I think we can safely conclude that dogs are certainly more useful. biggrin.gif

So they make good slaves? Whatever.

Cats don't take orders from no one!!!

CATS ARE SUPREME!!!! 1022.gif

Let the Dogs bow down in there chains and kiss mans ass!

Cats bow to no one and they call the shots!!!! atickhum.gif

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 14 2011, 02:02 PM)

Bomb-sniffing dogs
Search And Rescue dogs

I think we can safely conclude that dogs are certainly more usefulbiggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif

I'd prefer an animal that reflects can survive on it's own, because while it is important we remain loyal to our beliefs, we shouldn't be kissing ass and relying heavily on others...so cats are symbolically better that way. Plus they taste better yes.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 14 2011, 02:23 PM)
Dogs gave us the word "bitch" and cats gave us the word "pussy".... hard to choose the winner here z7shysterical.gif

I'll take words that start with "P" for $500 Alex. wink.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 14 2011, 03:38 PM)
Dogs gave us the word "bitch" and cats gave us the word "pussy".... hard to choose the winner here  z7shysterical.gif

laugh.gif

We had a client at the vet's office where I worked who, no joke, named her cat Pussy. Of course Pussy had all sorts of real and imagined issues requiring frequent visits to the clinic.

It was so hard to keep a straight face when discussing Pussy's problems with her owner.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 14 2011, 02:02 PM)

Bomb-sniffing dogs
Search And Rescue dogs

I think we can safely conclude that dogs are certainly more usefulbiggrin.gif

bekloppt.gif

Indeed. Cats have more of a true animal instict to them and are survivors. So what if after you die in a chair at your house and they start to eat you? You haven't moved in five days so they're aware that something has happened and you're no longer "there" anymore. They gotta survive somehow, right? wink.gif

If that happend with a dog they will just be their usual annoying selves and contiunously bark until someone finally comes to save their helpless ass. Or until they die, whatever comes first.

Dogs = "WOULD YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!!!"

Cats = Peace and quiet smile.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 14 2011, 02:38 PM)
Dogs gave us the word "bitch" and cats gave us the word "pussy".... hard to choose the winner here  z7shysterical.gif

laugh.gif

So - did I win? Can we close the thread now? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 14 2011, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 13 2011, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jun 13 2011, 11:22 PM)
Have you ever seen anyone walk their cat?

Yes. Yes I have.

But in general, I found not much difference living with a cat compared to living with a dog. Cats in general are cleaner animals - I mean, my dog eats its own shit then pukes it up - usually on my bed. My cat never did this.

laugh.gif I think something may be wrong with your dog.

Well, it lives with me for a start....

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 14 2011, 12:24 AM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jun 13 2011, 11:22 PM)
Have you ever seen anyone walk their cat?

Yes. Yes I have.

But in general, I found not much difference living with a cat compared to living with a dog. Cats in general are cleaner animals - I mean, my dog eats its own shit then pukes it up - usually on my bed. My cat never did this.

My sister (who is a vet nurse) recommends feeding 'it' ( wacko.gif ) pineapple juice. Then try feeding it better food! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 14 2011, 02:36 AM)
My dog (who is DEAD now thank goodness)

Tark, that's utterly disgusting. angry.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jun 14 2011, 04:16 AM)
I have to spend time with my sisters beagle when I want to spend time with a dog. Better him than my aunt and uncle's dog...that lil' bugger is mean! I'll take a mean cat over him any day. He's hurt quite a few members of my extended family - my cousin practically needed a nose job after he got done with her. *shudder*

Violence in pet dogs is usually due to bad ownership. And if it's a one off, it had probably being teased.

Of course, people always blame the dog... eyesre4.gif

My cat, Fucky, is the best cat in the world. He loves spending time with me, he's very affectionate and purrs ALL of the time, and is NEVER mean. He loves everybody! He's also very chatty, which isn't annoying because cats aren't LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS like dogs are. He never needs a bath because he cleans himself, as cats tend to do. He's an indoor cat, never been outside, and never tries to get outside. So he doesn't have bugs, is never dirty, and smells like a clean stuffed teddy bear smile.gif

My boss's Irish Wolfhound dog that she constantly brings to work is the complete opposite of my cat. He's scraggly and smells AWFUL! Like a really strong musty old barn smell with a side of feces. I'm forced to sit in the same office with him all day and I'm always finding myself having to hold my breath or cover my nose. It's even worse when she f***ing feeds him "people food" and makes him fart every 15 seconds. Vile, putrid odor...and you can hear them, too 062802puke_prv.gif He's about waist-high and always comes over to "say hi" but that entails leaving mass amounts of slobber all over me, my armrests, my desk, my keyboard and mouse, and my pant legs...then he finishes the greeting off with a fart. Then in comes the everyday customer...as soon as the doorbell goes off in the showroom, up he goes, barking SO LOUD that my ears literally hurt. Then if nobody pays attention to him while the customer's being tended to he'll go in the corner and either unleash a gallon of puke everywhere or take a splash on the carpet. I can tolerate cat urine smell but this dog's piss smells like a bucket of rotting squirrel corpses that somebody peed on.....Dog toys...they literally go to Costco every week to buy him a few toys because he RIPS them to a million pieces within the first 15 minutes of chewing on them. My cat's still playing with the same little purple fuzzball he's had since he was able to fit in the palm of my hand. This f***ing dog is violent! He'll shred anything you let him play with until it's totally unrecognizable. One day i was sitting at my desk and I notice him chewing on my fricken boots! While I'm wearing them! He couldn't get through the steel toes, but damn! angry.gif

I love my kitty wub.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 14 2011, 10:39 PM)
I've never seen my cats do this. 

The dreaded butt drag

I can't say the same thing about our dogs.  angry.gif

Then try looking after it properly then! FFS, what is wrong with people?? angry.gif They're not prepared to put in enough effort into looking after an animal, then complain when it does something like this!

Christ, I wish I never made this thread now..

Man! banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

Can't stand cats. I prefer dogs as pets. My dog Dexter is always glad to see me when I get home.