Why dogs are better than cats

Jaye

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs are disgusting, smelly, LOUD, and annoying creatures. Cats are the best. End.

Yes, my statement is very biased, and I shouldn't have said it like that laugh.gif

Truthfully, there are dog people and there are cat people. I find dogs to be disgusting (aside from a few breeds that I do like) so I'm a cat person. confused13.gif

Edited by Tarkus406

QUOTE (Jaye on Jun 13 2011 @ 06:22 PM)

-Dogs will wake you up if the house is on fire. Cats will quietly sneak out the back door.

laugh.gif great thread. Let the debate begin!

Personally, I'm a dog lover. Not so much with cats. I can be friendly with cats, and that's fine. But I just can't ever feel close to one. Dogs are just awesome.

Dogs don't eat you if you die either.

That said, I probably prefer cats as they tend to stay out of the way tongue.gif

I've never owned either, though.

Edited by J0N

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jun 13 2011, 11:22 PM)
Have you ever seen anyone walk their cat?

Yes. Yes I have.

But in general, I found not much difference living with a cat compared to living with a dog. Cats in general are cleaner animals - I mean, my dog eats its own shit then pukes it up - usually on my bed. My cat never did this.

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 13 2011, 07:24 PM)

Yes. Yes I have.

But in general, I found not much difference living with a cat compared to living with a dog. Cats in general are cleaner animals - I mean, my dog eats its own shit then pukes it up - usually on my bed. My cat never did this.

laugh.gif I think something may be wrong with your dog.

Like them both, but I do prefer dogs. They are more fun and always happy.

QUOTE (umoveme @ Jun 13 2011, 07:38 PM)
Cat pee and crap are the two worst things on earth.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 13 2011, 07:26 PM)

Yes. Yes I have.

my lab will eat any shit he can find and will eat leaves or dirt that has been pissed on. You can smell the piss on his breath, then he hurls.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 13 2011, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 13 2011, 07:26 PM)

Yes. Yes I have.

my lab will eat any shit he can find and will eat leaves or dirt that has been pissed on. You can smell the piss on his breath, then he hurls.

My dog (who is DEAD now thank goodness) was NOTORIOUS for all of the above. angry.gif Not to mention leaving large puddles of liquidy poo all over the house at least once a week (because of eating stupid things), and digging in the trash and spreading it all over the entire house like a big garbage bomb. And when we are home, the constant barking 24/7 (at nothing)

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 13 2011, 08:18 PM)
Like them both, but I do prefer dogs. They are more fun and always happy.

Same with me.

I have a dog and a cat and I like them both, but dogs are so much more enjoyable. You can't bring a cat to the park and let it run around and play. I've only had my current dog for a little over a month and he stays right by my side outside. A cat would just take off.

yes.gif

I will never, ever buy a home that cats have lived in. I've known too many people who've ended up having their carpeting and wood subfloors completely replaced because the previous owners' cats pissed everywhere. Professional cleaning will not remove the cat urine from the wood and the odor is always there.

I don't dislike cats really. But here's the difference. Ask me if I like dogs, and the answer is an enthusiastic "Yes! Love them!"

Ask me if I like cats, and my answer is, "Depends on the cat." Some are just sweet and playful and friendly (like dogs) and you cannot help but like them. Others are standoffish little assholes who won't think twice about sinking their claws and fangs into you, with no warning, because you somehow offended their delicate cat sensibilities. If I ever got a cat, I'd get an adult, because with a kitten you never have any idea what its personality will be like once it's grown. You can raise a kitten with all the love in the world and it might STILL grow up with a nasty attitude towards people.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 13 2011, 09:13 PM)

yes.gif

I will never, ever buy a home that cats have lived in. I've known too many people who've ended up having their carpeting and wood subfloors completely replaced because the previous owners' cats pissed everywhere. Professional cleaning will not remove the cat urine from the wood and the odor is always there.

I don't dislike cats really. But here's the difference. Ask me if I like dogs, and the answer is an enthusiastic "Yes! Love them!"

Ask me if I like cats, and my answer is, "Depends on the cat." Some are just sweet and playful and friendly (like dogs) and you cannot help but like them. Others are standoffish little assholes who won't think twice about sinking their claws and fangs into you, with no warning, because you somehow offended their delicate cat sensibilities. If I ever got a cat, I'd get an adult, because with a kitten you never have any idea what its personality will be like once it's grown. You can raise a kitten with all the love in the world and it might STILL grow up with a nasty attitude towards people.

Ask me if I like cats and my answer is, "they're not bad with a little barbecue sauce".

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 13 2011, 07:13 PM)

yes.gif

Totally agree. My wife likes cats and wants to get one. My reaction was, "OK, as long as it's an adult and can tolerate me as well." I won't put up with craziness or destructivenss. Then it's like having an asshole roomate. Had plenty of those in an earlier stage of life.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 13 2011, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 13 2011, 09:13 PM)

yes.gif

Ask me if I like cats and my answer is, "they're not bad with a little barbecue sauce".

yes.gif smile.gif wub.gif

Dogs don't taste as good no.gif

I like cats and dogs both and I can't say that I prefer one over the other. What it comes down to is, some are cat people and some are dog people and some are neither. Yes, cats are aloof by nature but it's not like this is a recent development or anything. They've always been this way so I never understood why some people hate them for this reason. I can understand if a person says he's not a cat person for this or that reason but I never understood the animosity some have.

It's such a pain in the ass when I have to take my cat for a walk in the rain or in cold weather...

wink.gif

I don't get the claim that cats are disloyal. Any of mine have always wanted to be close by, ESPECIALLY when I'm sick. One was very good at waking me up when my blood sugar would go too low at night. There's times I'm actually glad they go off and sleep, because I need my own space.

The time I most wish I had a dog instead of a cat is when I have to take them to the vet. Dogs will just go get in the car. Try to get a cat in a carrier...good luck.

I live in a small apartment, and the only dogs we can have are small breeds, which I'm not crazy for. Cats being lower-maintenance is also a better fit for my budget. I have to spend time with my sisters beagle when I want to spend time with a dog. Better him than my aunt and uncle's dog...that lil' bugger is mean! I'll take a mean cat over him any day. He's hurt quite a few members of my extended family - my cousin practically needed a nose job after he got done with her. *shudder*

...How did I see this coming... wink.gif

I love cats and think they are adorable... in photographs and in my hands for about fifteen to twenty minutes. I don't mind being around cats. They're fluffy and generally pretty nice, domesticated. But I would never keep a cat as a pet because.. well, for all the reasons you listed. Dogs have their vices, but imo not as many as cats! And they have so many virtues. heart.gif

I'm a dog person forever, but I could never hate a cat.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jun 13 2011, 11:16 PM)
I don't get the claim that cats are disloyal. Any of mine have always wanted to be close by, ESPECIALLY when I'm sick. One was very good at waking me up when my blood sugar would go too low at night.

I will say - again - it depends on the cat. Some are just naturally more people-oriented.

As to your cat waking you when your blood sugar was low, usually you hear stories about dogs doing this. But about six or seven years ago I saw a story about a woman who was a very fragile diabetic - she'd crash with almost no warning and pass out, and it happened often. Her husband and family were scared that one day she'd just lapse into a diabetic coma and die in her sleep.

Enter the cat. It was just a stray that moved in with them, but one night the husband woke up to the cat going berserk next to him in bed. The wife had crashed out in the kitchen, and the cat was alerting him. Kitty saved her life a number of times; he'd either let the woman know she needed to check her glucose and eat something, or go get the husband.