Kahme's English Paper

NobodysHeroine

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/aster8x/Etable/bravo.gif

Fantastic job!! You should be very proud cool.gif

QUOTE (beforeandafter2112 @ Jun 10 2011, 09:51 PM)
AWWWW!! Kahme! thats sooo cute! it i was the teacher i would have given you a grade of 2112 :] ( im a loser xDD)
but in all seriousness, i think its a very heartwrenching essay and a very good job! applaudit.gif

btw how have you been? havent talked to you ina long while, lol
-Vin 653.gif

Thank you. And yes, it is heartwrenching. I made myself cry over the course of writing it. laugh.gif

I know; it's been a ridiculously long time. I am well. There are just three days left of school. Then it's summer break! common001.gif

And I'm still going to get to chibi 70s Geddy, I promise. Probably when I'm bored over summer break and need something to do. tongue.gif

Excellent job, Kahme, well done!!

Have you read "Maus, a survivors tale."? It's hard hitting, emotional stuff but brilliantly written. One of my teachers lent it to me when I was studying the haulacaust at school.

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Jun 12 2011, 03:48 PM)

Have you read "Maus, a survivors tale."? It's hard hitting, emotional stuff but brilliantly written. One of my teachers lent it to me when I was studying the haulacaust at school.

Thank you muchly. blush4.gif

Maus: A Survivor's Tale? I actually have not heard of that book, or read it. I will look into it. tongue.gif

Edited by NobodysHeroine

Good job on the paper! smile.gif It's very moving and well written.

I second this one as well as add NIGHT by Elie Wiesel.

Great job, Kahme! I hadn't realized Geddy's parents had married in Bergen-Belsen, or that his dad died so soon before his bar mitzvah.

I read a (fictional) book a number of years ago about two women (sisters?), one who escaped to the United States, and the other who ended up in a concentration camp. While both experiences were horrible, the one who escaped survived. I wish I could remember what it was called.

I have relatives in Norway who were thrown out of their house when the Nazis occupied their country and wanted to use it as a radio station; luckily, they were able to stay in a guest house (little bigger than a garden shed) on their property. They ended up gutting and remodeling the main house after the Nazis left because they'd trashed it, and my relatives couldn't stand the thought of them having been in the house. They get emotional enough telling this story; I can't imagine how much worse it was for so many. I'm sure my relatives would have found out the hard way if they hadn't done what they were told.

I find it "one little victory" indeed that among all the horrible things the Nazis did, they also indirectly brought about Geddy, whose band has gone on to mean so much to people across the world. One of the positives we have to focus on heart.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jun 12 2011, 07:13 PM)
Great job, Kahme! I hadn't realized Geddy's parents had married in Bergen-Belsen, or that his dad died so soon before his bar mitzvah.

I read a (fictional) book a number of years ago about two women (sisters?), one who escaped to the United States, and the other who ended up in a concentration camp. While both experiences were horrible, the one who escaped survived. I wish I could remember what it was called.

I have relatives in Norway who were thrown out of their house when the Nazis occupied their country and wanted to use it as a radio station; luckily, they were able to stay in a guest house (little bigger than a garden shed) on their property. They ended up gutting and remodeling the main house after the Nazis left because they'd trashed it, and my relatives couldn't stand the thought of them having been in the house. They get emotional enough telling this story; I can't imagine how much worse it was for so many. I'm sure my relatives would have found out the hard way if they hadn't done what they were told.

I find it "one little victory" indeed that among all the horrible things the Nazis did, they also indirectly brought about Geddy, whose band has gone on to mean so much to people across the world. One of the positives we have to focus on heart.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (garbo @ Jun 12 2011, 04:04 PM)

Good job on the paper! smile.gif It's very moving and well written.

I second this one as well as add NIGHT by Elie Wiesel.

Actually, I have recently read Night; for only a hundred pages, it communicates so much. My Ged, it was difficult to read at times, but it was worth it. Seeing the Holocaust through the eyes of a survivor gives me a better and more vivid understanding. heart.gif