What's your favorite meme?

Ancient Ways

Never watched the show, so I have no idea if it's really as awesome as you guys say it is, but to me the whole "brony" thing just comes across as an ironic joke (adolescent/adult males enjoying a show conceived for little girls! ha!) taken way too far. That sort of thing can be great in small doses, but when everyone's changing their FB profile pics to ponies and posting captioned images all over the place, it stops being funny and just starts being bizarre and slightly annoying.

But again, I haven't watched the show, so take that for what it's worth.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Sep 16 2011, 05:46 AM)
Never watched the show, so I have no idea if it's really as awesome as you guys say it is, but to me the whole "brony" thing just comes across as an ironic joke (adolescent/adult males enjoying a show conceived for little girls! ha!) taken way too far. That sort of thing can be great in small doses, but when everyone's changing their FB profile pics to ponies and posting captioned images all over the place, it stops being funny and just starts being bizarre and slightly annoying.

But again, I haven't watched the show, so take that for what it's worth.

I thought the same thing as you before I watched it. If you do get around to watching it, remember that it is children's programming. Don't expect it to be "amazing" in the same way a major network drama or comedy would be. Part of what's so refreshing about it is that it's a different style of entertainment. It's much lighter and (obviously) focused more on reflecting innocence than making a connection to real life.