Birmingham signed items

I phoned up the venue and the person who i spoke to put me in touch the the lady who forwards the mail to the band. She was responsible for forwarding all the parcels to the promoter on the night. The promoter then has to make sure that the band or the tour manager Liam Birt are notified of any mail/packages. She advised me that her job was done and non of the packages where left behind in the dressing room. So all i can think is that the promoter kept the packages and didn't forward them to the band. I know of a couple of people who didn't hear anything back, it's too much of a coincidence for it to happen to everyone.

Does it really matter at this point? I don't think the band is available at this point to sign the stuff if they got the situation sorted out.

Although, I suspect maybe folks want their stuff back ... but, that's the risk you take when you send stuff in, unfortunately.

Regardless, I'm sure you're frustrated, but ... that's the risk you take when you send items to a venue hoping for autographs. Best bet is, don't send something you are not prepared to never see again ...

QUOTE (capoetc @ Jun 17 2011, 01:20 AM)
Regardless, I'm sure you're frustrated, but ... that's the risk you take when you send items to a venue hoping for autographs. Best bet is, don't send something you are not prepared to never see again ...

I was considering sending my original Moving Pictures Tour Book to be signed at Birmingham, NEC and now I am so pleased I didn't ~ as the man says ONLY SEND STUFF YOU ARE PREPARED TO LOSE.

There is no oficial "If you want stuff signed, we wil guarantee it happens" Service.

I think the guy posting the Baltimore experience was empathy not derision

I sent my 2112 album cover & felt it was worth the risk even tho' i'd had it since 1976 but if it didn't come back I could easily replace it but luckily it came back signed.

It's unfortunate but it seems Birmingham is the only venue on the UK tour folk didn't get their stuff back from, signed or unsigned, kinda weird but as was said earlier, there are no guarantees.