Random Thoughts

ioc

I read a Facebook status that said: Burning the candle at both ends and the middle too. I really need a clone of myself. Or maybe just a hologram - you don't have to feed holograms.

I've always wondered why people wish for ridiculous things like clones and holograms to help them with their ever quickening pace of life, but never for their lives to calm down. Excessively busy lifestyles are an exercise in escalation and, therefore, futility. I think of all the devices that were advertised to give us more free time, only to have that time gobbled up by what we said we needed time away from. So in reality, we have the same amount of free time, but we're stuck doing the crap that burns us out for longer periods of time than we started with. For some reason, however, we just can't help believing that if we had something to help us spin the hamster wheel a little faster, the going will be easier rather than simply rethinking the lifestyle.

My version of the status would read: Burning the candle at both ends and the middle too. I really need to cut some of the crap out of my life so that I can better enjoy the time I have.

I went up to my desk and found a beer about 1/3 full. Does that make me optimistic. HELL NO!! That's as depressing as hell...I wasted BEER! angry.gif sad.gif

Cheap Trick is amazing.

The webmaster at the official message board for said band needs to hurry up and okay my username/profile/membership/etc. so I can begin a journey into a band I don't know hardly at all but have fallen for because they're amazing. ;w;

And also Tom Petersson's mouth is hard to draw. As is his epic 12-string bass. WHYYY. D:

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 3 2011, 12:19 AM)
Cheap Trick is amazing.
The webmaster at the official message board for said band needs to hurry up and okay my username/profile/membership/etc. so I can begin a journey into a band I don't know hardly at all but have fallen for because they're amazing. ;w;

And also Tom Petersson's mouth is hard to draw. As is his epic 12-string bass. WHYYY. D:

They're awesome, aren't they? I saw them about five years ago. Did people throw Kiss records in the air during Surrender? Loved the doubleneck guitar made to look like a person, too. So cute!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jul 4 2011, 09:41 PM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 3 2011, 12:19 AM)
Cheap Trick is amazing.

They're awesome, aren't they? I saw them about five years ago. Did people throw Kiss records in the air during Surrender? Loved the doubleneck guitar made to look like a person, too. So cute!

Saw that doubleneck (he had that one then, too? of course), and of course the guitar with "Gonna Raise Hell" up the fingerboard, under the strings. Yeah!

I didn't see any records fly up but I was pretty far back.

The five-neck guitar, though. Holy cow. I didn't even know they existed, like for real, and actually worked and all that. Oo;

And I'm in at the Cheap Trick Message Board. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif They're a great bunch of people! Very welcoming!

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 5 2011, 01:38 AM)
One time I farted so loud I scared the cat. Wait... that's not what I meant to say. Oh yeah, I scared the neighbors!

laugh.gif The cat probably wasn't very happy either.

user posted image

QUOTE (ioc @ Jul 6 2011, 09:01 PM)
Great...this has become the rebound thread.

I salute you for providing me with shelter. To me this thread is basically "Kenneth's take on TOST: explained and filtered" anyways, so of course I'll use it as a rebound when the rare occasion comes around!

My mattress is probably stuffed to the brim with giant spiders. There's no telling where that thing could have came from.

(Let's see now.. Ah, detective - cross that off of the dream career list. Can't handle the crime scene of a dead spider.)

(Well. Sleeping at the crime scene is a whole other situation. I did check the entire premises of the room twice for any traces of origin.)

Edited by Kenneth

QUOTE (ioc @ Jul 12 2011, 12:03 PM)
You've officially let it go too far when there's a crease at the TOP of your man-boob.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/24b6zk4_thjpg.gif

Arguing politics is like arguing over whether it's corn or peanuts that makes $h!t taste worse. The argument requires that you either not really know what you're talking about or that you speak from first-hand experience.

Either way, you're basically full of $h!t.

"You'd think killing people would make them like you.

But it doesn't.

It just makes them dead."

- Voldemort, addressing Quirrell, A Very Potter Musical

I've been told that I must post in another thread. But I'm a rebel and a runner, so no dice.

1. Rebel cool.gif

2. Runner bolt.gif

QUOTE (ioc @ Jul 5 2011, 02:17 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 5 2011, 01:38 AM)
One time I farted so loud I scared the cat. Wait... that's not what I meant to say. Oh yeah, I scared the neighbors!

laugh.gif The cat probably wasn't very happy either.

user posted image

"Whoa(!)" laugh.gif

Does Voldemort eat?

What's his favourite food?

Does he sing in the shower?

Does he sing well?

Does he sing at all?

He's kind of got a high-pitched voice. Maybe he could pull off something crazy like the "Temples" section of "2112".

By the way the song "Xanadu" totally fits him.. sort of. Yes? 8D

I love writing.

And books.

Can't wait to start The Martian Chronicles; it's sitting on my bookshelf.

YES, A REAL BOOK, NOT AN EBOOK, I HAVEN'T FULLY CONVERTED GUYS.