Lord of the Rings

barney_rebel

I can't wait to feel the ring already, and to be pushing baby-strollers.

Not too thrilled about changing diapers, though...

[Edited: found a missing o.]

Edited by physics23

I go back and forth over weather I want to be married again. I love being a mommy, and being pregnant, and holding my little babies. Nothing but vomit gets to me. laugh.gif If I found the right person, I suppose I would do it again, but its going to be a long while... unsure.gif

QUOTE (physics23 @ May 9 2005, 05:18 PM)
I can't wait to feel the ring already, and to be pushing baby-strollers.

Not too thrilled about changing diapers, though...

[Edited: found a missing o.]

Surely you mean, 'you saw were an 'o' was missing from'?

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

ya also get to sleep with the mysterious force who

creates the mysterious wind in the night

the mysterious flushing toilety sound

the mysterious dissapearing duvet

the mysterious "did you hear that"

the mysterious "go and have alook"

the mysterious "are you asleep" (at about 4am)

the mysterious did you have to have garlic (yes dear to keep ya away)

But ya still luv em ta bits.

QUOTE (TH1 @ May 9 2005, 01:42 PM)

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 9 2005, 01:26 PM)
At least when you're married, you get to sleep with the mysterious force who controls the ring that binds you...... biggrin.gif

I would love to feel the mysterious force of true, and wonderful love. The kind that you would die for, and give all of yourself for... and have it reciprocated. sad.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ May 10 2005, 06:45 AM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 9 2005, 01:26 PM)
At least when you're married, you get to sleep with the mysterious force who controls the ring that binds you...... biggrin.gif

I would love to feel the mysterious force of true, and wonderful love. The kind that you would die for, and give all of yourself for... and have it reciprocated. sad.gif

And you will..... rose.gif

QUOTE (TH1 @ May 9 2005, 07:42 PM)

I hereby declare you to be a genius TH1

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

This has nothing to do with marriage...I didn't want to create another thread for this....

A friend and I were dicussing about the weapons in Lord of the rings...we both agreeed that the enemies weapons were crap...like come on you have to have like HUGE weapons....just fits better don't ya think? The witchking was good...he had the huge flail. Everything else sucked lol

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jun 21 2005, 12:56 PM)
This has nothing to do with marriage...I didn't want to create another thread for this....
A friend and I were dicussing about the weapons in Lord of the rings...we both agreeed that the enemies weapons were crap...like come on you have to have like HUGE weapons....just fits better don't ya think? The witchking was good...he had the huge flail. Everything else sucked lol

I thought the siege ballistas in the Two Towers were pretty cool. Or were you just talking about hand-held weapons?

QUOTE (Sark @ Jun 21 2005, 12:08 PM)
A friend and I were dicussing about the weapons in Lord of the rings...we both agreeed that the enemies weapons were crap...like come on you have to have like HUGE weapons....just fits better don't ya think?  The witchking was good...he had the huge flail.  Everything else sucked lol

I thought the siege ballistas in the Two Towers were pretty cool. Or were you just talking about hand-held weapons?

Yea those were cool! yes.gif yes.gif yea just mainly talking about hand held weapons

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jun 21 2005, 03:41 PM)
A friend and I were dicussing about the weapons in Lord of the rings...we both agreeed that the enemies weapons were crap...like come on you have to have like HUGE weapons....just fits better don't ya think?  The witchking was good...he had the huge flail.  Everything else sucked lol

Yea those were cool! yes.gif yes.gif yea just mainly talking about hand held weapons

Remember, most of the orcs weapons were created by the orcs themselves, who are not very good craftsman. On the other hand, the dwarves, elves and to a lesser extent, the humans, are much better at crafting weapons. If the orc hand held weapons were made better for the movie, that would be inconsistent with Tolkien's vision.. which Jackson tried so hard to recreate.

In other words, the weapons were exactly the way they were supposed to be.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 21 2005, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jun 21 2005, 03:41 PM)

Remember, most of the orcs weapons were created by the orcs themselves, who are not very good craftsman. On the other hand, the dwarves, elves and to a lesser extent, the humans, are much better at crafting weapons. If the orc hand held weapons were made better for the movie, that would be inconsistent with Tolkien's vision.. which Jackson tried so hard to recreate.

In other words, the weapons were exactly the way they were supposed to be.

Now that I think about it...you have a point there. yea Jackson did a fine job with all 3. the man's a genius..thanks for making that point pedro biggrin.gif Totally forgot about that.

Back on the marriage bent..

You also get to have conversations like this:

Wife: Could you get that printout dear?

Schro: I guess. You know, technically, you're sitting closer to the printer than me.

Wife: Yes, but I'm busier than you are.

Schro: Under who's definition? I'm programming.

Wife: Well, I saw you surfing a moment ago.

Schro: Only because I was waiting for a process to finish.

Wife: Oh, so you admit you're not busy.

Schro: Nothing of the sort! I am busy, I just had a brief respite.

Wife: Fine - well, while you're respiting, could you get my printout?

Schro: Tell me, dearest, what are you doing that a 5 foot journey to the printer would put you out so much?

Wife: I'm paying bills.

Schro: Ah, so now we're to the crux of the matter, aren't we. Which is that paying bills trumps everything.

Wife: Yes, it does.

Schro: Well, if it weren't for me programming, we wouldn't even have money to pay the bills.

Wife: But if I didn't pay the bills, all that money would do us no good.

Schro: You're not letting go of this very easily are you?

Wife: I don't see why I should when I'm in the right.

Schro: Ya know, your chair has wheels. If you just pushed off your desk you'd be right in front of the printer.

Wife: Hardly, this carpet is too thick.

Schro: Too thick?! It's burber - perfect for scooting!

Wife: I've never gotten any decent speed on it.

Schro: Well, it's not linolium, but if you're on carpet and want to chair-scoot, you can hardly beat burber.

Wife: Is that so? Why don't you show me?

Schro: (Shoves off desk and scoots a few feet) See, it's easy!

Wife: Perhaps you're right. But now that you're in front of the printer, would you mind handing me my printout?

Schro: You think you're so cute, don't you? Well, it's not going to work - this was an experiment to prove a point. I'm busy programming.

Wife: I can see that - your productivity has been skyrocketing the last few minutes.

Schro: Oh, like you've been accomplishing alot.

Wife: *I* have paid the house payment, the phone bill, and your beloved Best Buy card while we've been talking. What have you done?

Schro: Well I've upheld my principles on getting your own printouts, especially if you're closer, and the ease of scooting your chair over burber.

Wife: Better write that down so you can put it in your Father of the Year application.

Schro: Maybe I will.

Wife: (sighing) Fine, I'll get the printout.

Schro: (whispering to himself) ..and victory is mine <grin>.

Wife: Hmm, I didn't mean to print this.

Schro: What is it?

Wife: Oh just an itemization of last month's Best Buy purchases.

Schro: Oh.. I'll take that - nothing to see there.

Wife: Wait a second.. you spent $200 on computer games last month? What about our rule to discuss anything over $100??

Schro: Uh, they were purchases on 4 seperate occasions! The rule doesn't apply!

Wife: Yeah, right. You're in big trouble.

Schro: Well, you're a big..

Wife: A big..? A big what? Speak up honey, I didn't catch that last part?

Schro: Nothing dear, nothing.

cool.gif

Schro