Caravan Youtube Comments

presto123

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 2 2011, 05:13 PM)
Was just listening to Caravan for the first time in a while on Youtube and the song has like 2128 likes and 23 dislikes. That is an amazing ratio. If that is any indication this record will be epic in Rush fans eyes. There is a new Queensryche song on there and it has 4 likes and 43 dislikes which makes that Rush ratio even more amazing. I guess the people on here that don't like those two new songs are in a smaller minority than we thought biggrin.gif

Dont take that ratio seriously. Listen to this awful new song by a band I USED to like called Coldplay, and then look at the like/dislike ratio.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 6 2011, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 6 2011, 12:09 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 5 2011, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 5 2011, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 5 2011, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 5 2011, 04:33 PM)
Either that or he doesn't have a static ip address...

It's not that. Trust me, he puts a lot of effort into it.

Using a proxy like Tor is more trouble than it's worth. I know I've tried it... ph34r.gif

good. any more defenses for c t? must there always the 1 person that questions and sits on the admins for how they run this site? you're way in the minority on every point. Don't make me start a poll.. there are too many polls!

Please don't start a poll.

Tony has on occasion questioned the way we run things, but in this case I think he was just trying to understand the situation a little better. It didn't make sense to him why we, from our point of view, didn't just permaban Cosy.

I'm also getting sick of talking about this. This whole thing couldn't possible have been explained any better.

I wasn't going to really start a poll. It was an attempt to end my post with a stab at humor. Clearly I needed an appropriate emoticon to end it. what I'm sick of (and what is the point of my post) is in the last week or so, there has to the 1 member who acts as defense attorney for an ass. that's what I'm sick of.

You really need to get out more son. Seriously. Life is full of shades not black and white. There may be 15 people in this thread, or on this site, who find his behaviour anywhere from annoying to unacceptable, there may also be a silent majority who range from finding him hugely entertaining to not giving a flying f**k. So "defending" him, as you put it, could be in the majority's interest (though I don't want to go all "Ghostworks" here wink.gif)

People like you, the board toadies, always believe they speak for everyone on the board safe in the knowledge that they have shown open support for the the Admin Team and will seem like a right talking all round good egg. Sycophancy is never a virtue.

Regardless, it's up to the Admin Team to decide what is appropriate behaviour for their site and also to enforce those standards when they see fit. My query was that I couldn't understand why they don't ban him permanently, meaning once they suss out his latest alter they terminate him. It's obvious he is never going to tire of returning and it is obvious that at some point his toe will cross the line. However if he is deleted as soon as it becomes apparent who he is then he will tire of the hassle.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 6 2011, 10:19 AM)

Using a proxy like Tor is more trouble than it's worth. I know I've tried it... ph34r.gif

good. any more defenses for c t? must there always the 1 person that questions and sits on the admins for how they run this site? you're way in the minority on every point. Don't make me start a poll.. there are too many polls!

Tony has on occasion questioned the way we run things, but in this case I think he was just trying to understand the situation a little better. It didn't make sense to him why we, from our point of view, didn't just permaban Cosy.

I'm also getting sick of talking about this. This whole thing couldn't possible have been explained any better.

I wasn't going to really start a poll. It was an attempt to end my post with a stab at humor. Clearly I needed an appropriate emoticon to end it. what I'm sick of (and what is the point of my post) is in the last week or so, there has to the 1 member who acts as defense attorney for an ass. that's what I'm sick of.

You really need to get out more son. Seriously. Life is full of shades not black and white. There may be 15 people in this thread, or on this site, who find his behaviour anywhere from annoying to unacceptable, there may also be a silent majority who range from finding him hugely entertaining to not giving a flying f**k. So "defending" him, as you put it, could be in the majority's interest (though I don't want to go all "Ghostworks" here wink.gif)

People like you, the board toadies, always believe they speak for everyone on the board safe in the knowledge that they have shown open support for the the Admin Team and will seem like a right talking all round good egg. Sycophancy is never a virtue.

Regardless, it's up to the Admin Team to decide what is appropriate behaviour for their site and also to enforce those standards when they see fit. My query was that I couldn't understand why they don't ban him permanently, meaning once they suss out his latest alter they terminate him. It's obvious he is never going to tire of returning and it is obvious that at some point his toe will cross the line. However if he is deleted as soon as it becomes apparent who he is then he will tire of the hassle.

laugh.gif sycophant? board toady? What does board toady even mean. Am I a troll? Coming from a cosy fan and defender who thinks "now eat shit tosswipe" is not offensive, I think that speaks for itself so I have nothing i need to add.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 6 2011, 03:51 PM)

laugh.gif sycophant? board toady? What does board toady even mean. Am I a troll? Coming from a cosy fan and defender who thinks "now eat shit tosswipe" is not offensive, I think that speaks for itself so I have nothing i need to add.

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/smileys/smiley8.gif

C'mon, why aren't we done with this?

Tony, I explained the whole Cosy/permanban thing at the top of the previous page. It's like having a home security system. You can have the most advanced system available, with titanium locks, surveillance cameras, laser triggers, motion sensors, and a team of armed guards. If someone wants in bad enough, they'll find a way to get in. Nick puts in the effort. Is that normal for a guy in his 40s?

You seemed to think his semen post was a bit much -- do you think those kinds of posts, and posts telling members to eat shit, are acceptable? Maybe "eat shit" isn't a big deal in your neck of the woods, but this isn't few guys sitting in a pub in England. This is an international message board. Those posts are what got him booted, not his trademark "esoterically English" sense of humor. Nick knows exactly what is and what is not acceptable here, and he'd rather keep crossing the line than try to fit in.

NOW can we be done with this?

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 6 2011, 11:43 AM)
Move or close, hide or ignore. I am just gathering information. http://www.progarchives.com/forum/smileys/smiley23.gif

What other info do you need? Have you gathered enough? I don't know Nick's shoe size. tongue.gif

Move or close, hide or ignore. I am just gathering information. http://www.progarchives.com/forum/smileys/smiley23.gif

Ooo you're going to be an investigative reporter. Good luck, Geraldo :cough: alcaponesvault :cough:

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 6 2011, 05:32 PM)

Ooo you're going to be an investigative reporter. Good luck, Geraldo :cough: alcaponesvault :cough:

tongue.gif

Yes, something like that...

banghead.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 6 2011, 09:51 AM)

You would have done best not to reply

Lol why does everyone take the Internet so seriously.

Cosy Toes is just some guy on a message board who tries to get a rise out of people he hasn't even met (and succeeds) and obviously has too much time on his hands.

He's just like countless others on many other message boards, YouTube, etc. who have nothing better to do than try to get people they haven't even met pissed off.

It's just absurd.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jun 6 2011, 06:25 PM)
Cosy Toes is just some guy on a message board who tries to get a rise out of people he hasn't even met (and succeeds) and obviously has too much time on his hands.
He's just like countless others on many other message boards, YouTube, etc. who have nothing better to do than try to get people they haven't even met pissed off.

It's just absurd.

Or make them laugh with him, at him or at themselves...

Why do people get so upset and why does it become such an obsession with them? comp26.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jun 6 2011, 06:28 PM)
Oh yeah and to actually stay on topic I think Caravan is an excellent song and it's an indicator that the new album will kick some serious ass.

Always with the thinking!

I think Caravan could be good if they re-work it. Change all the words and the music for starters... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 6 2011, 01:28 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Jun 6 2011, 06:25 PM)

It's just absurd.

Or make them laugh with him, at him or at themselves...

Why do people get so upset and why does it become such an obsession with them? comp26.gif

trink39.gif

Fair enough.

To be honest, I'm not upset at all.

It's just silly to me how angry people get over one person.

Also his particular weird brand of humor doesn't immediately resonate with people.

I think it comes off as trollish behavior.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 6 2011, 06:42 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 6 2011, 03:28 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 6 2011, 02:39 AM)

I'm more trying to understand why they just don't perma-ban him rather than allow him to keep returning. Not that I think he should be perma-banned, he's one of the site's biggest assets. People just don't realise it.

He's an asset to this site on terms of traffic, which I assume is beneficial to those who run this site. Otherwise, and as I see it, in every other way he's just an ass.

It's not like traffic = $$$ here. We don't make money off of TRF. TRF costs us money each month. Those ad banners are worthless.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 6 2011, 04:43 PM)

I'm more trying to understand why they just don't perma-ban him rather than allow him to keep returning. Not that I think he should be perma-banned, he's one of the site's biggest assets. People just don't realise it.

He's an asset to this site on terms of traffic, which I assume is beneficial to those who run this site. Otherwise, and as I see it, in every other way he's just an ass.

It's not like traffic = $$$ here. We don't make money off of TRF. TRF costs us money each month. Those ad banners are worthless.

Okay, thanks. I was not sure if that helped. I recently got an android and I swear I go to amazon 15 times a day by accident. Hopefully that helps. I do appreciate this site and what the admins and mods do for it. I bought some TRF merch not long after I joined. I'm not being a sycophant either, in case somebody is watching.

Someone asked why address the trolls at all, or something to that effect. I see it as a bit of, some new kid enters the playground and wants to be the kingpin of mirth bully. At others and ultimately the boards expense. When it's an obvious one, like a racist poll, or an obvious one, cosey toe.. i feel a need to address them and call them out in my way. When I'm around the board regularly. I don't fault anyone for not getting involved, not at all. If I was wired that way, to let super trolls roll right off, that would be great. But I'm not, and not that there's anything wrong with that. If I were admin, I wouldn't let some of these trolls stay as long as they did, but that's just my personal preference. If confronting them ultimately makes them go away quicker, then alright.

This is a fun site and it's even funner when there aren't super trolls (and their defenders). Just my opinion, nothing more.

Oh and presto, sorry this thread has the highest rate of hijacking since 2009. It's a good thread, and that is cool how high the thumbs up rate is. Caravan is one of thier best songs in the last decade, or three. It's even more amazing live, and Geddy actually improved the vocal live. I would look forward to them re-recording it for the album (as they hinted they might) and adding all the road miles they put on it. Here's to Caravan trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 6 2011, 01:43 PM)

so Cosy is Nick? who's Nick, King Troll?

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 6 2011, 11:00 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 6 2011, 01:43 PM)

so Cosy is Nick? who's Nick, King Troll?

No Cosy Toes and King Troll are Nick.

Sorry if that explanation constitutes a defence Lerxster...