Caravan Youtube Comments

presto123

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 2 2011, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 2 2011, 09:41 PM)
If Caravan is any indication of what is to come, Clockwork Angels surely will be the best album Rush has put out since Counterparts. Caravan showcases a heavier side of Rush, plus proggish elements thrown in. Plus, it has an awesome instrumental break in the middle. For these guys to put out music like this at their age is truly amazing.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but anyone who says the song is utter crap obviously aren't an open minded individual, and also ignorant of the music world, especially in its current state today. I can understand if someone says, "Nah, it's not for me," that's fine. Caravan definitely showcases quality in what Rush is best known for: their instrumental virtuosity.

goodpost.gif

It's almost as if Rush intentionally put out a tune to resemble old proggy style Rush to appeal to the fans that long for those days....yet people continue to totally shit on it.

I don't get it. The song is absolutely phenomenal and classic Rush

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

Both of the CA songs are among my 10 favorites of the past 25 years easily.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 2 2011, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 2 2011, 09:41 PM)
If Caravan is any indication of what is to come, Clockwork Angels surely will be the best album Rush has put out since Counterparts. Caravan showcases a heavier side of Rush, plus proggish elements thrown in. Plus, it has an awesome instrumental break in the middle. For these guys to put out music like this at their age is truly amazing.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but anyone who says the song is utter crap obviously aren't an open minded individual, and also ignorant of the music world, especially in its current state today. I can understand if someone says, "Nah, it's not for me," that's fine. Caravan definitely showcases quality in what Rush is best known for: their instrumental virtuosity.

goodpost.gif

It's almost as if Rush intentionally put out a tune to resemble old proggy style Rush to appeal to the fans that long for those days....yet people continue to totally shit on it.

I don't get it. The song is absolutely phenomenal and classic Rush

It's nothing like their "old proggy style"......

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 2 2011, 08:41 PM)

I wouldn't call either song "utter crap".....and I think it'd be tough for any fan to do that. I think both songs are just mediocre and don't have a high listening value for me. Geddy's vocal melodies are lacking (as they did big time on S&A), and the songs just don't flow like a well written song should....

Who knows what the new album will bring, but I'm very skeptical, as I thought S&A was one of their worst of their career....

QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Jun 4 2011, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Jun 2 2011, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 2 2011, 10:35 PM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

And just goes to show how even METAL can be completely and utterly SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the number of likes, that's down to all the numerous braindead, cretinous, basement dwelling, D&D playing, Mom living, never had a girlfriend, unthinking, uncritical FANBOIS that Rush attract.

Rush, getting WORSE since 1978 FACT!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW BU2B is better than Caravan. In the same way that Diarrhoea is preferable to Amoebic Dysentery

Ok, seriously, I'm still not entirely clear on Cosy Toes purpose here. Is this a for-real, actual, troll or some sort of moderator-condoned, comic-relief-type troll? I don't think I've seen a single positive, or for that matter NEUTRAL, post from CT. They've all been negative, and profoundly negative, at that.

confused13.gif Clarify, please.

Cosy gets a lot of flak because people just don't get him. Look at his posts -- aside from a handful of truly useful posts, both funny and serious, all he does is the same routine over and over. Old Rush good, new Rush bad, Neil is a tosser, etc. It's gotten stale after all these years, and he's not as funny and ironic as he thinks he is, but whatever. Those posts don't really hurt anything.

Our position on people like Cosy is, as long as he's not attacking other members directly, and is not saying anything REALLY offensive, we're not going to do anything permanent about him...

Which brings us to this particular post of his, which was in response to the above post by woodring2112:

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Jun 4 2011, 06:53 PM)
Old Rush GOOD, New Rush Bad.

Is Good a negative word?

Now Eat Shit Tosswipe.

Cosy, if this were your first account here, that post would earn you a warning. But we've been through this too many times. Woodring's post did not deserve that response, but of course you knew that. We keep giving you more slack each time you join, but I guess that bores you after a while, and you have to act like a douche.

I know you'll run back to your other boards and brag about how you got tossed from here again -- you like that sort of thing, which is why you posted that -- and three people from those places will give a shit. Have fun with that.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 5 2011, 12:00 AM)

I wouldn't call either song "utter crap".....and I think it'd be tough for any fan to do that. I think both songs are just mediocre and don't have a high listening value for me. Geddy's vocal melodies are lacking (as they did big time on S&A), and the songs just don't flow like a well written song should....

Who knows what the new album will bring, but I'm very skeptical, as I thought S&A was one of their worst of their career....

Sucks to be in that .01 percent minority doesn't it?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 5 2011, 01:02 AM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

And just goes to show how even METAL can be completely and utterly SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the number of likes, that's down to all the numerous braindead, cretinous, basement dwelling, D&D playing, Mom living, never had a girlfriend, unthinking, uncritical FANBOIS that Rush attract.

FWIW BU2B is better than Caravan. In the same way that Diarrhoea is preferable to Amoebic Dysentery

Ok, seriously, I'm still not entirely clear on Cosy Toes purpose here. Is this a for-real, actual, troll or some sort of moderator-condoned, comic-relief-type troll? I don't think I've seen a single positive, or for that matter NEUTRAL, post from CT. They've all been negative, and profoundly negative, at that.

Cosy gets a lot of flak because people just don't get him. Look at his posts -- aside from a handful of truly useful posts, both funny and serious, all he does is the same routine over and over. Old Rush good, new Rush bad, Neil is a tosser, etc. It's gotten stale after all these years, and he's not as funny and ironic as he thinks he is, but whatever. Those posts don't really hurt anything.

Our position on people like Cosy is, as long as he's not attacking other members directly, and is not saying anything REALLY offensive, we're not going to do anything permanent about him...

Which brings us to this particular post of his, which was in response to the above post by woodring2112:

Is Good a negative word?

Now Eat Shit Tosswipe.

Cosy, if this were your first account here, that post would earn you a warning. But we've been through this too many times. Woodring's post did not deserve that response, but of course you knew that. We keep giving you more slack each time you join, but I guess that bores you after a while, and you have to act like a douche.

I know you'll run back to your other boards and brag about how you got tossed from here again -- you like that sort of thing, which is why you posted that -- and three people from those places will give a shit. Have fun with that.

I've noticed that cosytoes has no gender specified on their profile. I'm assuming this confusion that Cosy is suffering with may be the reason for all the anger, negativity and hostility that is often expressed in their posts ? wink.gif

So should we prepare ourselves for another reincarnation?

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 5 2011, 12:40 AM)

I don't care about the minority.......that's my opinion.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 5 2011, 01:40 AM)

Except for my wife ,I don't know one person that likes S&A. She also likes Bon Jovi laugh.gif Really, outside of the people on this forum, i know of No One That likes it. I gave it chance after chance and you know what ? If a person has to try that much, they don't like it

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 5 2011, 09:18 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 5 2011, 01:40 AM)

Except for my wife ,I don't know one person that likes S&A. She also likes Bon Jovi laugh.gif Really, outside of the people on this forum, i know of No One That likes it. I gave it chance after chance and you know what ? If a person has to try that much, they don't like it

me neither.....no one I know likes it.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Jun 5 2011, 10:41 AM)

So should we prepare ourselves for another reincarnation?

I don't think it's something you or anyone else needs to put too much thought or worry into. If he comes back, then he comes back. It won't cause earthquakes or tornadoes. He's just a guy on the internet. The board will survive. wink.gif

I would probably vote it as a Like to as opposed to a Dislike, but I still don't think the song is that great. It's NOWHERE close to as great as Far Cry. no.gif

Intro - Great

Musical Breakdown - Great

Lyrics - Meh/Uninspiring

Vocal Delivery - Ok

Catchiness/Melodic - Lacking

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 5 2011, 01:40 PM)
I would probably vote it as a Like to as opposed to a Dislike, but I still don't think the song is that great.  It's NOWHERE close to as great as Far Cry. no.gif

Intro - Great
Lyrics - Meh/Uninspiring
Vocal Delivery - Ok

But why are you comparing it to "Far Cry?" It's not trying to be that kind of song at all. It's not trying to be catchy and melodic, it's trying to be angular and edgy, with a weird jam in the middle. The only thing they have in common is that they each open the album.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 5 2011, 12:40 PM)
I would probably vote it as a Like to as opposed to a Dislike, but I still don't think the song is that great. It's NOWHERE close to as great as Far Cry. no.gif

Intro - Great
Lyrics - Meh/Uninspiring
Vocal Delivery - Ok

I love Far Cry. but I love Caravan more. Its just so surgically ripping. I also really love that whole chorus versus of "I can't stop thinking big.." and all. Really hits where Im at in my life right now.

It IS metal!!

1022.gif

Is Good a negative word?

Now Eat Shit Tosswipe.

Well, I certainly wasn't trying to get anyone kicked off the board. I was just curious if perhaps CT was one of those characters that everyone simply tolerates, kind of like that crazy uncle on Thanksgiving. Although, I must admit that I didn't really appreciate the "eat shit tosswipe" comment. That did seem a bit over the top for a quasi-comic posting. Even Necro isn't THAT blatant in his disdain. (yes, I've dealt with Necro before and I hope he remembers that we worked it out)

Sorry to all if this generates some sort of new, hyper-kinetic, monster-troll incarnation of CT next time.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 4 2011, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 2 2011, 05:13 PM)
There is a new Queensryche song on there and it has 4 likes and 43 dislikes

Queensryche got 4 Likes ? I guess Tate, his wife and 2 kids voted . 43 and counting laugh.gif

I have heard the whole record. It's not all pop. There is a rock side to it as well. A wide variety and some pretty decent tracks as well. It has two songs that I like better than anything they have done in quite a while. At The Edge is already one of my fav QR songs of all time. Stellar track.

Edited by presto123

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 5 2011, 07:02 AM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

Is Good a negative word?

Now Eat Shit Tosswipe.

Shame. (in both senses of the word)

Ok, Nick should know that English slang and slurs don't necessarily travel or translate well but that so-called attack on woodring is neither truly aggressive nor offensive from a British point viewpoint. Did you really take that post at face value? Did Woodring complsin?

You should either ban him permanently or accept his personality and his act. This constant banning of every new re-invention is a bit lame really.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 5 2011, 03:37 PM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

Is Good a negative word?

Now Eat Shit Tosswipe.

Ok, Nick should know that English slang and slurs don't necessarily travel or translate well but that so-called attack on woodring is neither truly aggressive nor offensive from a British point viewpoint. Did you really take that post at face value? Did Woodring complsin?

You should either ban him permanently or accept his personality and his act. This constant banning of every new re-invention is a bit lame really.

So, "eat shit" is not an insult in your neck of the woods?

Again, Nick is not a problem as long as he doesn't abandon his act and start insulting members. He knows this.

It IS metal!!

1022.gif

Is Good a negative word?

Now Eat Shit Tosswipe.

I'm not sure he brags about getting banned from here. More like "I got banned from TRF again" eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 5 2011, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 5 2011, 03:37 PM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

Is Good a negative word?

Now Eat Shit Tosswipe.

So, "eat shit" is not an insult in your neck of the woods?

Again, Nick is not a problem as long as he doesn't abandon his act and start insulting members. He knows this.

Probably as "bad" as "eat my shorts".

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 5 2011, 03:40 PM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

Is Good a negative word?

Now Eat Shit Tosswipe.

I'm not sure he brags about getting banned from here. More like "I got banned from TRF again" eyesre4.gif

I've seen posts of his at CP were he seemed pleased with getting yet another alter banned.

With Cosy Toes, Nick really seemed like he wanted to stay here, despite his "act" becoming more and more stale. That act is easy to take (or ignore) if you have a reasonably thick skin. And that's why we keep giving him these chances, because when he's not going after people, the people who "get him" like having him around. But he always degrades into these "let's see if THIS will get me banned" types of posts.

And let's dispense with the "you guys don't get English humor" excuse. We've had probably a couple hundred UKers join here in the past few months, and we've always had a very large UK contingent here....yet we're talking about only Nick here. Nick doesn't catch shit because he's English. He catches shit because he's Nick, and Nick is never happy unless he's flirting what that line.

Seriously, the guy is an accountant in his mid 40s, do you really believe he posts to get banned?

Yeah, the toe dances on the line, and he obviously posts drunk but you should either perma-ban him or accept him. Sitting around waiting for an excuse to ban him again and then letting him re-register in a new guise is just an exercise in futility.

I don't bow to anyone but I think that he's a laugh and he's really just trying to prick the bubble of earnestness and anal-retentiveness that surrounds a lot of Rush fandom.