Caravan Youtube Comments

presto123

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Caravan is any indication of what is to come, Clockwork Angels surely will be the best album Rush has put out since Counterparts. Caravan showcases a heavier side of Rush, plus proggish elements thrown in. Plus, it has an awesome instrumental break in the middle. For these guys to put out music like this at their age is truly amazing.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but anyone who says the song is utter crap obviously aren't an open minded individual, and also ignorant of the music world, especially in its current state today. I can understand if someone says, "Nah, it's not for me," that's fine. Caravan definitely showcases quality in what Rush is best known for: their instrumental virtuosity.

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 2 2011, 09:41 PM)
If Caravan is any indication of what is to come, Clockwork Angels surely will be the best album Rush has put out since Counterparts. Caravan showcases a heavier side of Rush, plus proggish elements thrown in. Plus, it has an awesome instrumental break in the middle. For these guys to put out music like this at their age is truly amazing.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but anyone who says the song is utter crap obviously aren't an open minded individual, and also ignorant of the music world, especially in its current state today. I can understand if someone says, "Nah, it's not for me," that's fine. Caravan definitely showcases quality in what Rush is best known for: their instrumental virtuosity.

goodpost.gif

It's almost as if Rush intentionally put out a tune to resemble old proggy style Rush to appeal to the fans that long for those days....yet people continue to totally shit on it.

I don't get it. The song is absolutely phenomenal and classic Rush

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 2 2011, 10:33 PM)

goodpost.gif

It's almost as if Rush intentionally put out a tune to resemble old proggy style Rush to appeal to the fans that long for those days....yet people continue to totally shit on it.

Like the old saying goes, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't."

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Jun 2 2011, 11:38 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 2 2011, 10:33 PM)

goodpost.gif

Like the old saying goes, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't."

Look at the youtube numbers. There aren't too many people shitting on it. Just the few trolls on here rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 3 2011, 12:02 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 2 2011, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 2 2011, 07:13 PM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Jun 2 2011, 06:44 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 2 2011, 10:35 PM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

And just goes to show how even METAL can be completely and utterly SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the number of likes, that's down to all the numerous braindead, cretinous, basement dwelling, D&D playing, Mom living, never had a girlfriend, unthinking, uncritical FANBOIS that Rush attract.

Rush, getting WORSE since 1978 FACT!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW BU2B is better than Caravan. In the same way that Diarrhoea is preferable to Amoebic Dysentery

Edited.

I was joking, but I can already feel the wave of "held to a higher standard" crap that will follow.

So just forget it.

Aw come on, edit it back. I bet you're post will be funnier than his. trink38.gif

Hers

F the higher standard crap. She needs to be called out for the obnoxious little twit that she is. smile.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody who has seen Rush on the Time Machine tour knows that the new stuff gets much less of a reaction than the old stuff.

The likes or dislikes of the deranged on Youtube are immaterial.

To those who say I should say more postive things about Rush I say "EAT MUCHO f**k" Does not the fact that I acknowledge Rush to have been at the summit of perfection in 1978 show some kind of positivity?

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 3 2011, 12:52 AM)
Cosy gets way too much attention. Would you guys just ignore please. Can't even start a thread without it getting hi-jacked by junior high banter.

Well, it's a shitty thread.

You cannot come to any rational conclusion based on Youtube comments. Everybody - well not everybody - knows that Rush attract some of the most irrational, unthinking, uncritical fanbois out there.

Oh, and what is "Junior High" we don't have that sort of thing in jolly old Englandland smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Jun 3 2011, 05:01 AM)

Oh, and what is "Junior High" we don't have that sort of thing in jolly old Englandland smile.gif

Does not the fact that I acknowledge Rush to have been at the summit of perfection in 1978 show some kind of positivity?

Jr high is where kids in the US go when they are about 11, between primary school and high school... also it's pretty obvious that's about the age your wittiness peaked.... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 2 2011, 02:17 PM)
To me, Caravan is a steller killer amazing kick ass rocked-up tune. Geddy sounds perfect on it, and the music is tops. Edgy, with chops and attitude. I love it. Let that carry forward on all of the CA songs, and we're sure to get our asses kicked with this record. yes.gif

This is correct.

1022.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 3 2011, 02:29 PM)

Does not the fact that I acknowledge Rush to have been at the summit of perfection in 1978 show some kind of positivity?

Jr high is where kids in the US go when they are about 11, between primary school and high school... also it's pretty obvious that's about the age your wittiness peaked.... laugh.gif

Hey hey, easy on CT. He's a old man who is easily confused, and by his own admission posts nonsensically. A little sensitivity please.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 3 2011, 06:29 PM)

Ah, in Englandland, us kids are much smarter than our inbred US cousins, for we go to High School at 11 smile.gif

(Which means you must be thick as pig-poop 'cos English kids is well retarded innit)

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Jun 3 2011, 04:57 AM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 3 2011, 12:02 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 2 2011, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 2 2011, 07:13 PM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Jun 2 2011, 06:44 PM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

And just goes to show how even METAL can be completely and utterly SHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the number of likes, that's down to all the numerous braindead, cretinous, basement dwelling, D&D playing, Mom living, never had a girlfriend, unthinking, uncritical FANBOIS that Rush attract.

FWIW BU2B is better than Caravan. In the same way that Diarrhoea is preferable to Amoebic Dysentery

Edited.

I was joking, but I can already feel the wave of "held to a higher standard" crap that will follow.

So just forget it.

Aw come on, edit it back. I bet you're post will be funnier than his. trink38.gif

Hers

F the higher standard crap. She needs to be called out for the obnoxious little twit that she is. smile.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody who has seen Rush on the Time Machine tour knows that the new stuff gets much less of a reaction than the old stuff.

The likes or dislikes of the deranged on Youtube are immaterial.

To those who say I should say more postive things about Rush I say "EAT MUCHO f**k" Does not the fact that I acknowledge Rush to have been at the summit of perfection in 1978 show some kind of positivity?

Uh, I don't know what gig you went to, but when I saw them on the Time Machine Tour, I seem to recall people become really excited for Caravan. But just for the sake of the argument, the songs are still relatively new, and therefore are still being processed. All of their older stuff has been processed over the years, therefore people will know them better and be more receptive. Rush's greatest asset is time, in my humble opinion.

And also, it seems Cosy Toes, you are stuck in the past rather than reflecting upon the past, while being open minded to the future when it comes to Rush's music.

Edited by GUP1771

Cosy is fukking with us, isn't it obvious? laugh.gif

If it bothers you so much, leave it alone, and man-up. It's usually a valid opinion expressed in an arrogant, british-humor-like manner mixed in with sheer stupidity.

I for one (for the most part) find him/her/it hilarious, and when I don't I leave it alone. Simple as that. Can't believe so many take it seriously.

Cheers to this gender-confused Old Rush Good New Rush bad freak trink39.gif

And the rest of you, Caravan rocks! 1022.gif 2.gif

But Bu2b is better yes.gif

Edited by Good,bad,andrush

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jun 4 2011, 05:15 AM)
If it bothers you so much, leave it alone, and man-up. It's usually a valid opinion expressed in an arrogant, british-humor-like manner mixed in with sheer stupidity.

I for one (for the most part) find him/her/it hilarious, and when I don't I leave it alone. Simple as that. Can't believe so many take it seriously.

Cheers to this gender-confused Old Rush Good New Rush bad freak trink39.gif

And the rest of you, Caravan rocks! 1022.gif 2.gif

But Bu2b is better yes.gif

Bah Fecking Humbug to you.

Apparently, I'm not as funny as I used to be, which just goes to show how right I am in my "Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad" summation. It's what happens with time, your bottle of rocket sauce runs dry. smile.gif

I hope the sauce on my gays never runs out though, there really is nothing better than licking the special sauce from a gay at teatime.

You are correct in your summation of BU2B being better than Caravan. At least one of the several songs BU2B has been stitched together from has some potential to it. Caravan is just poor beyond belief.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Jun 4 2011, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Jun 4 2011, 05:15 AM)

Cheers to this gender-confused Old Rush Good New Rush bad freak  trink39.gif

And the rest of you, Caravan rocks!  1022.gif  2.gif

But Bu2b is better  yes.gif

Bah Fecking Humbug to you.

Apparently, I'm not as funny as I used to be, which just goes to show how right I am in my "Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad" summation. It's what happens with time, your bottle of rocket sauce runs dry. smile.gif

I hope the sauce on my gays never runs out though, there really is nothing better than licking the special sauce from a gay at teatime.

You are correct in your summation of BU2B being better than Caravan. At least one of the several songs BU2B has been stitched together from has some potential to it. Caravan is just poor beyond belief.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tohu_IjlW78/TA_KT8fUflI/AAAAAAAACR0/UJgY8JopXlc/s1600/toads1.jpg

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 2 2011, 05:13 PM)
There is a new Queensryche song on there and it has 4 likes and 43 dislikes

Queensryche got 4 Likes ? I guess Tate, his wife and 2 kids voted . 43 and counting laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 4 2011, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 2 2011, 05:13 PM)
There is a new Queensryche song on there and it has 4 likes and 43 dislikes

Queensryche got 4 Likes ? I guess Tate, his wife and 2 kids voted . 43 and counting laugh.gif

I really do hope this will be a decent album though. Actually, I hope for many good things to come out of the music world in 2011. wub.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Jun 2 2011, 05:44 PM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

Ok, seriously, I'm still not entirely clear on Cosy Toes purpose here. Is this a for-real, actual, troll or some sort of moderator-condoned, comic-relief-type troll? I don't think I've seen a single positive, or for that matter NEUTRAL, post from CT. They've all been negative, and profoundly negative, at that.

confused13.gif Clarify, please.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 2 2011, 05:17 PM)
To me, Caravan is a steller killer amazing kick ass rocked-up tune. Geddy sounds perfect on it, and the music is tops. Edgy, with chops and attitude. I love it. Let that carry forward on all of the CA songs, and we're sure to get our asses kicked with this record. yes.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Jun 4 2011, 08:55 PM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

Ok, seriously, I'm still not entirely clear on Cosy Toes purpose here. Is this a for-real, actual, troll or some sort of moderator-condoned, comic-relief-type troll? I don't think I've seen a single positive, or for that matter NEUTRAL, post from CT. They've all been negative, and profoundly negative, at that.

Old Rush GOOD, New Rush Bad.

Is Good a negative word?

Now Eat Shit Tosswipe.

QUOTE (woodring2112 @ Jun 4 2011, 02:55 PM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

He doesn't like new Rush.......pretty simple. People here are WAY too sensitive about other's opinions....

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Jun 4 2011, 01:15 AM)

Cheers to this gender-confused Old Rush Good New Rush bad freak  trink39.gif

And the rest of you, Caravan rocks!  1022.gif  2.gif

But Bu2b is not better  no.gif

goodpost.gif (had to fix it, though)

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Jun 2 2011, 04:44 PM)
It IS metal!!

1022.gif

lol