Re: My Poll

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 1 2011, 09:23 PM)
Somehow I think it's a done deal once GG sees the "special ed" remark in Nate's thread.

But Tide, you weren't always like this. What's going on here? If you're bored here, take a break and come back. There's no need to see how far you can push the limits.

Well he was kinda half right, Nate did say Mr. Bacon was in special ed laugh.gif But Tidewater's post about it was of course made with trollful intent dazed025.gif

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 1 2011, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 1 2011, 09:23 PM)
Somehow I think it's a done deal once GG sees the "special ed" remark in Nate's thread. 

But Tide, you weren't always like this.  What's going on here?  If you're bored here, take a break and come back.  There's no need to see how far you can push the limits.

Well he was kinda half right, Nate did say Mr. Bacon was in special ed laugh.gif

did he now? no offense towards nate, but i find him a bit difficult to understand laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2011, 09:19 PM)
Tide, do you understand why people are skeptical of your explanation here?

As I, Mara and others pointed out in Ghostie's thread, you've been flirting with trolldom lately. You commandeered people's signature avatars a couple weeks ago, posted a racially offensive image in SOCN last week, and today you made another racially offensive poll.

Plus, let's face it, you've shown a tendency for attention-seeking in the past. How many times did you publicly threaten to quit the board?

It's that pattern, plus your comments on FB as you were posting today's poll that make us scratch our heads at you here. Can you see where we're coming from?

Tide, why not comment on this, if you don't mind. Make us understand you better here.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 1 2011, 09:32 PM)
No guys, don't worry. I'm black.

Today's synonym for complete childish and inappropriate jackass is... black.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2011, 09:32 PM)
It's amazing how little you've helped in today's proceedings, fledge. laugh.gif

it's what i'm here for wink.gif

Tide is clearly begging to get banned. He wasn't always like this, and that's what's so puzzling. Part of me doesn't want to ban him just because I don't want to give him what he wants. Weird, right?

i'm in no position to make administrative decisions, but perhaps a temporary ban? teaches him his lesson and lets him know next time he f*cks up he's gone for good confused13.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2011, 06:33 PM)

As I, Mara and others pointed out in Ghostie's thread, you've been flirting with trolldom lately. You commandeered people's signature avatars a couple weeks ago, posted a racially offensive image in SOCN last week, and today you made another racially offensive poll.

Plus, let's face it, you've shown a tendency for attention-seeking in the past. How many times did you publicly threaten to quit the board?

It's that pattern, plus your comments on FB as you were posting today's poll that make us scratch our heads at you here. Can you see where we're coming from?

Tide, why not comment on this, if you don't mind. Make us understand you better here.

Firstly the image from SOCN was intended as nothing more than a joke, it wasn't meant to cause offence and I'm sorry if it did.

The thread was meant as nothing more than what I've previously posted, and yes, in retrospect I did go about it in a poor manner. As for Kenneth, if I had told him the purpose of the thread the results ran the risk of being skewed.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jun 1 2011, 09:35 PM)
It's amazing how little you've helped in today's proceedings, fledge.  laugh.gif

Tide is clearly begging to get banned. He wasn't always like this, and that's what's so puzzling. Part of me doesn't want to ban him just because I don't want to give him what he wants. Weird, right?

i'm in no position to make administrative decisions, but perhaps a temporary ban? teaches him his lesson and lets him know next time he f*cks up he's gone for good confused13.gif

What if he just pulls a GAAC and comes back? Remember rushguy82 or whatever?

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jun 1 2011, 09:35 PM)
It's amazing how little you've helped in today's proceedings, fledge.  laugh.gif

He's clearly after the hero status that only a permaban can provide. He thinks it's something he can brag about, and/or make him feel important and noticed here. Most people don't do it this way, but whatever.

I haven't witnessed this level of super troll since the night Gleemingaircanal went down in a blaze of glory. This is very reminiscent.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 1 2011, 09:40 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 1 2011, 06:34 PM)
QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 1 2011, 09:32 PM)
No guys, don't worry. I'm black.

Today's synonym for complete childish and inappropriate jackass is... black.

I take offence to this.

Good. Now grow up, lose the avatar, and drop the crap you're pulling around here Mr. Black.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 1 2011, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2011, 06:33 PM)

Firstly the image from SOCN was intended as nothing more than a joke, it wasn't meant to cause offence and I'm sorry if it did.

The thread was meant as nothing more than what I've previously posted, and yes, in retrospect I did go about it in a poor manner. As for Kenneth, if I had told him the purpose of the thread the results ran the risk of being skewed.

That SOCN image was dumb of you to post, but not earth-shattering by itself. But combine it with the other attention-seeking things you've done the past couple weeks -- things designed to piss people off -- and it becomes part of a pattern. Right?

And that pattern continues tonight. For instance, what about your special ed posts in Nate's thread, and your current avatar (see below)? Are those designed to make people feel good about you, or to get pissed off at you so you can be noticed more?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF_Graphics/tidewatersurge_avatar.jpg

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Jun 1 2011, 09:31 PM)

Okay I'm back. Let's analyze!

QUOTE (Nate2112 in that other thread)
His name is Evan. And two

I am not in SPED but I know for a fact he is so In A Tidewater Surge, I see him with the sped teachers do you work at LMS or something.

WTF gare the impression I was SPED?

Those two little fragments were what gave me the impression Sir Bacon of New Hampshire is a special ed student smile.gif

Man...first time I ever "brb"ed in a post unsure.gif

Actually it was his jab at Nate (who is 13 and yes, tends to toss spelling and grammar out the window when he posts, but that's not indicative of disability - some professionals I work with are guilty of the same in their e-mails) being a special education case that pissed me off.

Done here - I'm not wasting any more time giving this guy attention until he gets his act together.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 1 2011, 09:46 PM)
That is an empowering picture, a mentally challenged man conducting an orchestra?

And the text attached to that picture? What is that conveying?

(I know what it conveys, but I just want to see what you'll say. It's interesting.)

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 1 2011, 09:49 PM)
I didn't choose the text, but I figured the avatar image would be small enough that the text would go unnoticed but the inspirational aspect of the picture would remain intact. The man didn't let his disability stop him from becoming a conductor.

I really don't know what you're getting out of shoveling so much shit. Perhaps if maturity ever enters your being, you'll realize how out of line you've become.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 1 2011, 09:49 PM)
I didn't choose the text, but I figured the avatar image would be small enough that the text would go unnoticed but the inspirational aspect of the picture would remain intact. The man didn't let his disability stop him from becoming a conductor.

You know I'm not buying any of this crap, right? When I see the special ed comments you made in Nate's thread it's easy to figure out why you posted that avatar.

Why are you trying to get banned? Seriously, why? Is this the only way you feel you can get the attention you think you deserve?