Anyone Win Alex's Guitar Contest?

RUSHian62

all i ask is that whoever wins it, appreciates it as much as i would, my dad would, and everybody on this forum would....our luck a half hearted fan will win....either way i hope someone on here or RIAB wins

My fingers are still crossed unsure.gif

I still haven't heard any news. I've been a Rush fan since 1975, and I played covers of Bastille Day, Finding My Way, Anthem, and Working Man for our school concerts. I was so influenced by Alex's playing, I purchased a Gibson Double Neck, a ES 347, and a Howard Roberts Fusion. I had to sell them all when I got married years ago.

I am so ashamed of myself. user posted image

I secretly hoped that no one else knew about this contest. I really wanted to win. I don't have any 'quality' guitars. Mine play fine, so I can't complain, but I sure would like to have one really really nice one; and that Gibson is the one I wanted.

Plus hitting the Vegas show would be outrageous!

I entered, but if I won I was gonna give the guitar to my dad.

Since I don't play guitar

and my saxophone (which my folks got for me) was like twice as expensive, if not more, than my dad's best guitar.

The Vegas show is all I really wanted. biggrin.gif

Good luck to all you guys, though!! I know a lot of you are very talented musicians and you'd ALL be very deserving of that beautiful guitar. (:

I wasn't even able to enter, I think it's quite dissapointing that Gibson forbids Quebec residents from participating, I know it's the same for most contests of any kind but Rush recorded 7 of their album here at Le Studio, they could have made an exception like Showtech Merchandising do on the Backstage Club... I wish I could have had a chance in a billion to get my hands on one of those guitar than none at all, it's sure I'll never be able to afford one at over $6000 sad.gif

QUOTE (RUSHian62 @ Jun 6 2011, 01:07 PM)
I'm sure son guy who already has 3 of them will win.

xD Kinda like people who get to go to multiple meet-and-greets...

Oh wait...

(Nah, I kid, those of you who fall into that category. I'm just super jealous. wink.gif )

QUOTE (RUSHian62 @ Jun 6 2011, 02:07 PM)

Or some jerk who doesn't care at all about Rush and can't wait to list the guitar on eBay.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2011, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHian62 @ Jun 6 2011, 02:07 PM)

Or some jerk who doesn't care at all about Rush and can't wait to list the guitar on eBay.

That would be the worst, I think. :C

Of course I'd probably be too scared to play the guitar, it's so nice, but to sell it on Ebay..? That's kind of a disgrace IMO.