re: "Who do you hate more?" poll

ghostworks

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 1 2011, 11:34 AM)
Since some of you are so interested... Before starting the thread, he IMed me on facebook "Let's see if I get banned for this post I'm about to make." Then, to sum things up, he posted a link to it, I said "Why?" He said "Why not?"

confused13.gif

and there you have it.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 1 2011, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 09:54 AM)
I don't know, my friend

let's ask the OP, shall we?

that's the screw I'm trying to turn here (and I thought I was being pretty obvious about it)

if you think a better way to get at the truth is to close the thread, ban the OP, and make assumptions about his motives while affecting a posture of moral superiority, well - you're entirely free to do so

LMAO - now gw is keeping this thread going for his own attention whoring!

No he isn't. He is discussing a point of principle as he sees it. You are just piling in.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 1 2011, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 1 2011, 11:34 AM)
Since some of you are so interested... Before starting the thread, he IMed me on facebook "Let's see if I get banned for this post I'm about to make." Then, to sum things up, he posted a link to it, I said "Why?" He said "Why not?"

confused13.gif

and there you have it.

Since he's asking for a banning, why not grant him his wish?

gleamingalloyaircar reincarnated? That comparison's been bouncing around my brain since I saw that juvenile thread. God knows, we don't need another one of HIM. eyesre4.gif

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 1 2011, 02:41 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 1 2011, 07:15 PM)

You are one of the most insufferable members on this entire website.

End of discussion.

GW is a top guy with a strong sense of honour and integrity. He has a good point, we can't say for sure what IATS' motives were and it would have been amusing to hear his excuses.

However it was probably a hit and run thread and there were no real reasons other than "look at me". The Admind made the right decision for the site. End of.

But let's not get into GW hating though, eh?

I don't hate GW. However, personally, it seems that many times whenever there is an issue involving the action of an admin or mod - you can place a bet that GW will somehow 'make' himself involved, and will rarely relent his stance. It can become quite irritating, and the exercise of having to somehow appease him around here is getting as old as is it irritating.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 1 2011, 02:43 PM)
I don't know, my friend

that's the screw I'm trying to turn here (and I thought I was being pretty obvious about it)

if you think a better way to get at the truth is to close the thread, ban the OP, and make assumptions about his motives while affecting a posture of moral superiority, well - you're entirely free to do so

No he isn't. He is discussing a point of principle as he sees it. You are just piling in.

GW is expressing a rather narrow-thinking impression that by closing a thread all opportunity to get to an OP's motives have been lost. It seems such a silly conclusion to come to, creepy that he would have to sit there and make himself that concerned over it, and take actions (such as this thread) because of it.

The admins can easily make contact with the OP to get to the bottom of an issue. However, first steps are important. And in this case, the first step was to contain and remove the mess caused by the actions of the OP. Getting to the "truth" is something that can be done, privately, if it is deemed necessary. It certainly doesn't need to be done in a public viewing so someone like GW can be appeased. This entire discussion is ludicrous.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 1 2011, 02:28 PM)
Sorry GW, old friend, but I totally agree with the Admins here. The thread needed to go simple as that. Whilst nobody has the right not to be offended this board is not a public place it's a privately owned entity. The thread was likely to offend but more importantly still it paints the site in a very poor light.
IATS could start a thread to explain his actions but why bother? Life's too short and the Admins have more important things to do like making sure I don't start fire off more flaming Ad Homs in SOCN.

I like that last bit. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jun 1 2011, 02:34 PM)

confused13.gif

Any reason why we shouldn't be so interested? Tide is a longtime member and has gotten along well here, until recently.

First, he starts using other people's avatars, including mine which I made for myself and is pretty much identifiable with me, then he does the same with other people's unique avatars. He's been here long enough and knows those images are connected to those people, so he did it to raise a stink.

In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a big deal. They were just avatars. But it sets up a pattern of behavior.

Then he posted a racial image in an existing thread in SOCN last week. Me and Jack got on his case for it, but he didn't get suspended and the thread didn't get closed. It died and that was it.

And now this poll of his.

Tide, man up and post in here. Why did you go troll all of a sudden? Do you really WANT to get banned?

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 1 2011, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 1 2011, 02:43 PM)
I don't know, my friend

GW is expressing a rather narrow-thinking impression that by closing a thread all opportunity to get to an OP's motives have been lost. It seems such a silly conclusion to come to, creepy that he would have to sit there and make himself that concerned over it, and take actions (such as this thread) because of it.

The admins can easily make contact with the OP to get to the bottom of an issue. However, first steps are important. And in this case, the first step was to contain and remove the mess caused by the actions of the OP. Getting to the "truth" is something that can be done, privately, if it is deemed necessary. It certainly doesn't need to be done in a public viewing so someone like GW can be appeased. This entire discussion is ludicrous.

yes.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 1 2011, 01:16 PM)
I'm the one who closed the damned thread and TEMPORARILY suspended the OP's posting ability.

Would I lock a thread that pondered how LOVED two different races of people are? Probably not.

When you have the combination of "Jews," "Blacks," and "hate," well, I have a problem with that, and I wanted to discuss the situation with my fellow mods/admin.

Terribly sorry you don't approve of my method.

it's not whether I approve or not, GG

it's how you got there and what you did with it

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 03:27 PM)
I'm the one who closed the damned thread and TEMPORARILY suspended the OP's posting ability.

Would I lock a thread that pondered how LOVED two different races of people are?  Probably not. 

When you have the combination of "Jews," "Blacks," and "hate," well, I have a problem with that, and I wanted to discuss the situation with my fellow mods/admin.

How she "got there" and "what she did with it" is exactly how everyone else would have as evidenced by all the posts supporting the decision.

Yes, it does appear to be about wether you approve or not as you are the only one complaining the thread was closed.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 03:27 PM)

Would I lock a thread that pondered how LOVED two different races of people are?  Probably not. 

So, you DON'T approve of what she did. Which means, it IS about whether you approve or not.

Just saying.

So, you'd rather she left the thread open, is that it?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2011, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (skalamander2112 @ Jun 1 2011, 03:43 PM)
just the other day in chat he was saying that he wondered what he had to do to get banned...

fing.gif

If he wants out so bad, why doesn't he just LEAVE?

No kidding - it's not like there's some big cash reward for getting booted off TRF. . .

or is there? unsure.gif Am I missing out on something?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2011, 02:44 PM)
just the other day in chat he was saying that he wondered what he had to do to get banned...

fing.gif

i thought he was just joking. IATWS being IATWS... obviously i was wrong.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 1 2011, 02:46 PM)

fing.gif

No kidding - it's not like there's some big cash reward for getting booted off TRF. . .

something to do with 72 virgins or something?

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 1 2011, 01:15 PM)
...the key word in this thing, is Hate - far and away before it's about the Black, the White, the Red, the brown, the purple and yellow.

End of discussion...

if that's literally how you feel, why haven't you self-suspended your own posting privileges?

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 4 2011, 11:37 AM)
...I f***ing hate clowns.  I'm not afraid of them.  I hate them.  I have completely unexplainable violent hatred for clowns...

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 1 2011, 03:46 PM)

fing.gif

No cash, but we do have some lovely parting gifts: the Home Version of The Rush Forum, a lifetime supply of Turtle Wax, and a lifetime supply of Rice-A-Roni - the San Francisco Treat! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 1 2011, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 1 2011, 03:46 PM)

fing.gif

No cash, but we do have some lovely parting gifts: the Home Version of The Rush Forum, a lifetime supply of Turtle Wax, and a lifetime supply of Rice-A-Roni - the San Francisco Treat! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

What flavor of Rice-A-Roni?