re: "Who do you hate more?" poll

ghostworks

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 01:16 PM)
as the plane flies overhead, just wave to it

you've missed the flight

I didn't miss the flight, I ripped up my ticket. I don't ever want to be on the flight that takes me to your wavelength. No thanks.

Happy travels.

rofl3.gif this thread makes me laugh

i'm not defending TJ's actions. the poll was blatant racism, and i'm not surprised that he received some consequences for it.

but c'mon, how can anyone be "shocked" by it? i mean, really, where the f**k do you live, wonderland? geez, it's just the internet, lighten up. Maybe if you guys didn't start rabble-rousing and threatening to tar and feather every time he does something little and silly like steal an avatar, the poll wouldn't even exist. When someone is trying to troll a forum, the more horrified the reactions are, the worse the trolling will get. I'd know, I visit 4chan laugh.gif

and finally, many thanks to ghostworks for bringing some laughs into my otherwise dull afternoon. You do raise several good points, and a lot of conclusion-jumping does take place on this board. not in this case per se, but in just about every other discussion. trink38.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 1 2011, 12:22 PM)

you've missed the flight

http://www.the-link.ws/stars/photos/307022/fantasyisland-hervavillechaize.jpg

you're the one wearing the black tie, right?

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 02:03 PM)

you've missed the flight

No, the white suit.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 1 2011, 01:06 PM)

you've missed the flight

No, the white suit.

shit

I mix you guys up all the time, sorry

you've missed the flight

How do you know it's a plane. did the pilot call and tell you? you can think it's a plane all you want, but that doesn't make it so, and therefore cannot be part of any substantive conversation. we cannot know until the pilot or someone else on that plane weighs in.

IATS' posting behavior of late, at least from what I've noticed, has leaned into trollish territory, and I wonder exactly what's going on. For example, in a thread on punk and whether a certain Canadian pop princess fits the genre, his one contribution was "punk is shit." (Admittedly the topic, which I started, is not exactly life-altering stuff).

He used to not be that way. Now, I haven't been in chat for a long time so maybe he's fine and has just run out of creative steam.

I'm troubled by judgments based solely on personal prejudice

You mean like starting a thread about measuring the hate level between Jews and Blacks?

I doubt anyone would lock a poll thread that asked, "who do you love more, Asians or Eskimos?"

But you don't KNOW that......

if you'd left the thread open, left his posting privileges in place and let him speak to it, you could've learned what his motives were, without prejudice

I'm sure the current staff will keep this in mind if/when you ever become an admin or mod here.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 1 2011, 02:12 PM)
IATS' posting behavior of late, at least from what I've noticed, has leaned into trollish territory, and I wonder exactly what's going on. For example, in a thread on punk and whether a certain Canadian pop princess fits the genre, his one contribution was "punk is shit." (Admittedly the topic, which I started, is not exactly life-altering stuff).

He used to not be that way. Now, I haven't been in chat for a long time so maybe he's fine and has just run out of creative steam.

WHAT?!?

You're actually putting his post in context to draw conclusions based on a posting pattern?

How prejudicial of you!

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 1 2011, 01:08 PM)

you've missed the flight

How do you know it's a plane. did the pilot call and tell you? you can think it's a plane all you want, but that doesn't make it so, and therefore cannot be part of any substantive conversation. we cannot know until the pilot or someone else on that plane weighs in.

fun!

unfortunately, that wasn't a thread poll question, though - just a metaphor

I'm the one who closed the damned thread and TEMPORARILY suspended the OP's posting ability.

Would I lock a thread that pondered how LOVED two different races of people are? Probably not.

When you have the combination of "Jews," "Blacks," and "hate," well, I have a problem with that, and I wanted to discuss the situation with my fellow mods/admin.

Terribly sorry you don't approve of my method.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 1 2011, 02:15 PM)
You are one of the most insufferable members on this entire website.

I'm sure that's true.

I'll probably draw the same conclusion once I stop laughing at his "logic" rofl3.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Jun 1 2011, 01:06 PM)

you've missed the flight

No, the white suit.

shit

I mix you guys up all the time, sorry

Judging from the threads you start, I believe it pokey.gif

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 1 2011, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 1 2011, 02:12 PM)
IATS' posting behavior of late, at least from what I've noticed,  has leaned into trollish territory, and I wonder exactly what's going on.  For example, in a thread  on punk and whether a certain Canadian pop princess fits the genre, his one contribution was "punk is shit." (Admittedly the topic, which I started, is not exactly life-altering stuff). 

He used to not be that way.  Now, I haven't been in chat for a long time so maybe he's fine and has just run out of creative steam.

WHAT?!?

You're actually putting his post in context to draw conclusions based on a posting pattern?

How prejudicial of you!

rofl3.gif

I know, right? laugh.gif

Now let's see, what do I hate more? Self-indulgent troll threads or accusations that I'm "making assumptions". . .

Sorry GW, old friend, but I totally agree with the Admins here. The thread needed to go simple as that. Whilst nobody has the right not to be offended this board is not a public place it's a privately owned entity. The thread was likely to offend but more importantly still it paints the site in a very poor light.

IATS could start a thread to explain his actions but why bother? Life's too short and the Admins have more important things to do like making sure I don't start fire off more flaming Ad Homs in SOCN.

Since some of you are so interested... Before starting the thread, he IMed me on facebook "Let's see if I get banned for this post I'm about to make." Then, to sum things up, he posted a link to it, I said "Why?" He said "Why not?"

confused13.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jun 1 2011, 01:08 PM)

you've missed the flight

fun!

unfortunately, that wasn't a thread poll question, though - just a metaphor

Yes, it was fun using your own silly logic against you. sounds pretty stupid when you're on the other end of it, eh? wink.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jun 1 2011, 09:54 AM)
I don't know, my friend

let's ask the OP, shall we?

that's the screw I'm trying to turn here (and I thought I was being pretty obvious about it)

if you think a better way to get at the truth is to close the thread, ban the OP, and make assumptions about his motives while affecting a posture of moral superiority, well - you're entirely free to do so

LMAO - now gw is keeping this thread going for his own attention whoring!

QUOTE (Pags @ Jun 1 2011, 07:15 PM)

You are one of the most insufferable members on this entire website.

End of discussion.

GW is a top guy with a strong sense of honour and integrity. He has a good point, we can't say for sure what IATS' motives were and it would have been amusing to hear his excuses.

However it was probably a hit and run thread and there were no real reasons other than "look at me". The Admind made the right decision for the site. End of.

But let's not get into GW hating though, eh?