My Piano Symphony

Nate2112

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 27 2011, 04:05 PM)
To you, you're a piano player. To me you're a piano player. To a piano player you're no piano player.

You should be in a silly Rush slapstick video as a Turkish horse whisperer...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 27 2011, 10:17 PM)
To you, you're a piano player. To me you're a piano player. To a piano player you're no piano player.

trink38.gif

To you, you are a comedian...

hotdog.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 27 2011, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ May 27 2011, 10:17 PM)

trink38.gif

To you, you are a comedian...

hotdog.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ May 27 2011, 03:53 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmoDTtjYJwU...nel_video_title

Look at my t-shirt 2.gif

are you self-taught? just LOOKING at that hand position gives me cramps huh.gif and i can tell you had some good musical ideas in there, but a little bit of trouble expressing them. Learning some music theory and listening to solo piano artists and compositions will definitely help make you a more skilled improvisor and player. and for god's sake fix that wrist technique!!

I would suggest, oh I don't know, perhaps a good decade of piano lessons and music theory (and probably more than that) before thinking about even composing.

Anyone who calls something like this a "symphony" and doesn't know a symphony has four movements (that are very specific) shouldn't be even on youtube. And you're only allowed to break barriers if you know what you're doing.

Sorry, kid.

sad.gif

QUOTE (garbo @ May 28 2011, 04:30 PM)
I would suggest, oh I don't know, perhaps a good decade of piano lessons and music theory (and probably more than that) before thinking about even composing.

Anyone who calls something like this a "symphony" and doesn't know a symphony has four movements (that are very specific) shouldn't be even on youtube. And you're only allowed to break barriers if you know what you're doing.

Sorry, kid.

sad.gif

To you you are a critic, to me you are a critic, to a critic you are no critic.

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 28 2011, 11:57 AM)

Anyone who calls something like this a "symphony" and doesn't know a symphony has four movements (that are very specific) shouldn't be even on youtube.  And you're only allowed to break barriers if you know what you're doing.

Sorry, kid. 

sad.gif

To me you're starting to sound like a parrot and my pal Polly does agree...

wink.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 28 2011, 11:57 AM)

Anyone who calls something like this a "symphony" and doesn't know a symphony has four movements (that are very specific) shouldn't be even on youtube.  And you're only allowed to break barriers if you know what you're doing.

Sorry, kid. 

sad.gif

Ha. The funny thing is that I used to teach violin, piano, and voice. And music theory and music history. Oh wait, I still teach violin and music theory.

I wasn't criticizing, I was being honest. And as someone who has been in lessons for twenty plus years, it's just true. I still take lessons because I believe you never stop learning an instrument.

I'm not a critic, by the way.

I do agree I was too rude. I apologize to the OP and I hope he gets into lessons. smile.gif