phlaaps

QUOTE (Slim @ May 31 2011, 12:12 AM)
QUOTE (phlaaps @ May 27 2011, 02:38 PM)
During the performance of La Villa in Dublin,  I shed a tear.

There, I said it and I feel great.

A grown man crying in public. f**k you. This is the 21st century and a real man can cry if he wants!

Anyone else had any wee teary moments at a show.....or for that matter while chopping carrots in the kitchen listening to Rush Radio?

Come on, admit it.

Honesty costs you nothing.

During Alex' arpeggio part in the Soliloquy part of 2112 the first time I saw the band, I did shed a tear, yes. But I was 16 at the time.

Your confessions of gheyness bring shame upon CP Messageboard.

There's no shame in crying, phlaaps. I did the same thing at my very first show back in April. I just couldn't believe that I was really there, in the presence of Rush. Tears were in my eyes during "Faithless" and "Witch Hunt." heart.gif

QUOTE (NobodysHeroine @ May 30 2011, 11:18 PM)
There's no shame in crying, phlaaps. I did the same thing at my very first show back in April. I just couldn't believe that I was really there, in the presence of Rush. Tears were in my eyes during "Faithless" and "Witch Hunt." heart.gif

Well yes, not seeing your first Rush show until 2011 is a proper reason to cry. Tears of sorrow for not having seen them in the 70s when they were still exciting and vital smile.gif

Oh, I cried during Faithless too, because it's SO FECKING SHITE!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 30 2011, 06:17 PM)
Your confessions of gheyness bring shame upon CP Messageboard.

Well - it was the '70s. I was a mere slip of a lad. It was my first gig. Cut me a bit of slack.

It was my first Rush gig in over 30 years! All the memories of my youth came back to me. I know we're all older now but things just are'nt the same anymore, never thought the world would be in such a bad state as it's in now.

Rush are in their twilight years now and there's nobody to replace them, todays music is garbage, that's what makes me sad!

No manly-man here. I cry at greeting card commercials. Rush concerts can be a blubber fest! Camera Eye made my knees buckle and Subdivisions always hits a nerve.

My first weep-fest was hearing Turn the Page live. Since then the floodgates have been open.

HW

QUOTE (HigherWater @ May 31 2011, 07:39 AM)
No manly-man here. I cry at greeting card commercials. Rush concerts can be a blubber fest! Camera Eye made my knees buckle and Subdivisions always hits a nerve.

My first weep-fest was hearing Turn the Page live. Since then the floodgates have been open.

HW

applaudit.gif

goodpost.gif

I was nearly moved to tears the first time I saw McCartney live ('91). It was like having my life sung back at me considering I've been a Beatles freak since February 8, 1964.

Crying isn't masculine?

I don't feckin care about someone's opinion

I cried during the start of Spirit of Radio at the Birmingham show (22.05.2011) and few tears during other parts of the show. Also in London. Why? Cause I'm true fan since 1993 and never had the chance to see them live for many reasons...it was just a dream. And finally the dream happened thanks to my friend Sean. Seeing my dream coming true was very emotional moment.

My father took me to my first Rush show 4 years ago. Rush was not my favorite band at the time, but by the end of the show they certainly were and I've never looked back. Also, I should say that Rush is not my father's favorite band but he's enjoyed them over the years enough and knew I had an interest in them from non-stop Tom Sawyer riffing in my bedroom for months that he thought it would be awesome to take me. I have since been to 2 other Rush shows, sadly without my father because he often works out of town for months. He bought us tickets for the show in Cleveland in December not knowing if he would be able to make the show in April. He lucked out and got a 2 week break and was able to attend the show with me. So, when the band came out and started Spirit of Radio, I did in fact tear up just a little. The energy of the place was extremely vibrant and I believe also contributed to my teary eyes for those first few moments. Just the fact that everything worked out perfectly and we had amazing time was enough though. I'm 23, some moments in life are just beautiful and time does, in fact, stand still.