Introducing someone to prog

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 26 2011, 06:36 PM)

Jethro Tull-aqualung, dot com, living in the past, thick as a brick

As far as Tull goes, I suggest:

- Take out out Dot Com and put in Minstrel in the Gallery.

- Take out LitP and put in Cold Wind to Valhalla.

- If you're going to use an edit of TaaB (and I assume you are), use the live version off Bursting Out, it's spectacular.

- I guess you MUST put Aqualung on there but I'd suggest putting in Hymn 43 or Wind=Up.

- And, I'm being a Tull glutton here, put Slipstream at the end of the entire collection.

Edited by tjtull

QUOTE (tjtull @ May 27 2011, 06:59 AM)

- If you're going to use an edit of TaaB (and I assume you are), use the live version off Bursting Out, it's spectacular.

- I guess you MUST put Aqualung on there but I'd suggest putting in Hymn 43 or Wind=Up.

- And, I'm being a Tull glutton here, put Slipstream at the end of the entire collection.

I was actually going to do the two first things you suggested ohmy.gif

But I think she'd like dot com and i want to show her all eras of tull. And since living in the past is very famous it might work, but maybe I will replace that with another. And I might tell her to listen to Baker St. muse instead but i want her to listen to the whole thing unsure.gif but she probably would.

But thanks for the suggestions. I'll give the songs another listen since i haven't played any Tull in a while except for A Passion Play.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 27 2011, 07:20 AM)

But I think she'd like dot com and i want to show her all eras of tull. And since living in the past is very famous it might work, but maybe I will replace that with another. And I might tell her to listen to Baker St. muse instead but i want her to listen to the whole thing unsure.gif but she probably would.

But thanks for the suggestions. I'll give the songs another listen since i haven't played any Tull in a while except for A Passion Play.

Yeah, you could basically give her the entire MitG album smile.gif Not a bad song on that record!!

Love Baker St. Muse!! That one might be a bit long though...maybe for a second collection.

I'd steer way clear of APP until she's thoroughly progged. I love that album but it's definitely an acquired taste. Her head may explode if she hears it too soon laugh.gif

QUOTE (tjtull @ May 27 2011, 07:30 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,May 27 2011, 07:20 AM)

Yeah, you could basically give her the entire MitG album smile.gif Not a bad song on that record!!

Love Baker St. Muse!! That one might be a bit long though...maybe for a second collection.

I'd steer way clear of APP until she's thoroughly progged. I love that album but it's definitely an acquired taste. Her head may explode if she hears it too soon laugh.gif

Of course biggrin.gif I have every intention of never mentioning that song to her, and if she comes to me all progged, i expect her to get mad at me for never suggesting it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 27 2011, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ May 26 2011, 11:42 PM)
Depends what you want her to explore, might I suggest some Barry White... wink.gif

Abba. Chicks dig Abba, and Abba ARE PROG! 1022.gif

Irish chicks? You mean cows and sheep, don't you?

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 27 2011, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 27 2011, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ May 26 2011, 11:42 PM)
Depends what you want her to explore, might I suggest some Barry White... wink.gif

Abba. Chicks dig Abba, and Abba ARE PROG! 1022.gif

Irish chicks? You mean cows and sheep, don't you?

ph34r.gif

confused13.gif

They're Swedish. And they're HOT!

Tull? never really liked dot com...but for newer stuff Roots to Branches is a good disc! How about some early to mid Kansas? (Up to the Audio Visions album)

Or some Spocks Beard that's kind of mild...in fact my wife wasn't forcing me to turn the disc off when I had it in the player ...heck she ALSO liked the Triumvirat disc I had in recently (I think it was Spartacus) And TRUST me..she usually HATES my music!

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Jun 1 2011, 12:43 PM)
Or some Spocks Beard that's kind of mild...in fact my wife wasn't forcing me to turn the disc off when I had it in the player

There's a glowing endorsement.

"So good, my wife doesn't force me to turn it off."

laugh.gif