No longer a RUSH virgin...

Shirley

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...69&l=a9730de4c9

I hope you guys can see those.

So, tonight was my first EVER EVER EVER show... LOVED it! I laughed, cried, shouted, jumped a little, nearly had a heart attack (thunderclap thingies) and made a couple of friends.

Highlight: Far Cry, I really CANNOT begin to describe how desperate I was to hear that live, and the fireworks really made me smile.

Lowlight: Was situated on the floor and got stuck behind a (no lie) 7' tall man and his mate obscured my vision of Geddy, so I had to concentrate on Alex and the big screens. Still, it was a great show (for me)!

Well... 100% utterly Rushified! biggrin.gif

2.gif

Edited by Shirley

Also no longer a Rush virgin after last night! laugh.gif

Stupendous gig. Shame people didn't get a little more into it at times, but the lads were on absolutely top form.

It is fantastic you had a great first Rush show. Rushified? Good word!

hi shirley, great photos biggrin.gif im no longer a rush virgin either, went to NEC last sunday. it was awesome, i didnt want the show to end, and same as you, laughed, cried, nearly had heart attack!!! i hope their will be a next time! if so, i will go to as many UK dates as possible biggrin.gif

OI!!!! (Unrelated but didn't warrent it's own thread...Tour related though) I bought a ladies T last night! I've just realised I can see my f*ckin bra through it... so was this what the merch guys thought we'd want? See through Ts? angry.gif Edited by Shirley

QUOTE (Shirley @ May 26 2011, 01:05 PM)
OI!!!! (Unrelated but didn't warrent it's own thread...Tour related though) I bought a ladies T last night! I've just realised I can see my f*ckin bra through it... so was this what the merch guys thought we'd want? See through Ts? angry.gif

It's not that they think 'you' want it perhaps. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Shirley @ May 26 2011, 12:05 PM)
OI!!!! (Unrelated but didn't warrent it's own thread...Tour related though) I bought a ladies T last night! I've just realised I can see my f*ckin bra through it... so was this what the merch guys thought we'd want? See through Ts? angry.gif

Urgh, the ladies' selection SUCKS. Didn't check out the merchandise stand last night as I assumed it would be all the same as is on the website.

I have a Snakes and Arrows tour tee I got on clearance for $9.99 CAD on the website but it is made of a horrible clingy fabric, AND despite being black is kinda see-through!

The ladies' selection on the merch website is basically two tees and a thong... was it the same at the merch stand?

Glad you enjoyed the show Shirley, Rush are one of them bands that once you see them live you cannot wait to see them again . They are ultimate pros and possibly the 3 best musicians alive. Lets hope we all get to see them again on these shores.

trink39.gif

Hi all!

I am also proud to say that I am no longer a Rush virgin.

I am also proud to say that with this message I am no longer a Rush forum virgin either.

I have been listening to Rush for about 25 years, but a mixture of not knowing, bad luck or not being able find tickets, I had not seen them live.

My kids bought for me the Rush In Rio dvd and I am sure that my t.v. only shows that dvd and no other, or is it because I put a screw in the dvd tray so no one can change the disc????

Last night for me was something special, not just the show, but the whole event. Travelling to the show, anticipation, meeting new people and finding how friendly the Rush fans are.

I was up in block 402, but at least I was in row B, so a good view from above and the fans around me where true fans who got into the music and appreciated the musicians. The sound was not perfect, but I do know that the O2 has not great sound down the wings, so I just took it with a pinch of salt and accepted it.

I was there to see the band, the musicians who I have listened to for two and half decades, that inspired me and when I was a teenager, the drummer who pushed the boundaries of my own playing and to think outside the box.

It was great to see the band actually enjoying themselves, joking with each other and not just going through the motions. Neil's adventures with throwing the drumsticks into the air after his missed the first one was almost a side show on it's own!

So, was it worth it? Oh yes!

Was it all that I hoped for? I am not 100% sure because I have not yet returned back to Planet Earth!!!!!!

Any complaints? Yes, I really wished they played another 20 songs, I was not in a hurry to leave.

Highlight of the night? Being there, and YYZ, ( I know that saying YYZ may be a bit of cliche, but it was the first song that really introduced me to Rush and I have a vinyl copy of Exit Stage Left that has the worn out track to prove it! )

Thank you to Rush, thank you to the fans for being so friendly, and even thank you to the busker who was playing Rush tunes at North Greenwich station for setting the tone, if not the standard for the evening wink.gif.

2.gif

NeilFinal.gif

Hi peeps bekloppt.gif , (yet another TRF virgin/newbie in yer midst), having been a RUSH fan for 30-odd yrs, i gotta say, this band gets beter with age. Have seen 'em twice this tour and those of you stateside who have yet to attend are in for a treat.. enjoy! Edited by Fred Star