Post Gig Depression

LyndseyG

I waited 5 months for last night to happen. Now it's over. Just like Christmas: all that waiting and excitement and now gone! sad.gif I'm tired and have a headache and I need a hug!! Does everyone feel this way after a rush concert? How do you get through it?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I do. Unless I have another show to look forward to for sure, then I am a depressed lump for a few days after a show. It's bitter-sweet for me; so glad to have experienced it, so sad it's over.

I can only imagine how I will feel when they decide to call it quits. Better stock up on Prozac. tongue.gif

hehe, i know how you feel. and wasnt it fantastic biggrin.gif xmas came early for me yesterday!!!

QUOTE (cyberpunk bee @ May 23 2011, 06:09 AM)
hehe, i know how you feel. and wasnt it fantastic biggrin.gif xmas came early for me yesterday!!!

It was fantastic. I sang my heart out!!

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ May 23 2011, 06:01 AM)
Yes, I do. Unless I have another show to look forward to for sure, then I am a depressed lump for a few days after a show. It's bitter-sweet for me; so glad to have experienced it, so sad it's over.

I can only imagine how I will feel when they decide to call it quits. Better stock up on Prozac. tongue.gif

Will we have to get our own or are you gonna share them out?!! wink.gif

I prescribe listening to the Rush back catalogue and copius amounts of concert dvd watching & you tubing and repeat as necessary...course, it always help to have an active imagination for lots of lovely daydreams of the boys...mine always seem to feature Bubba for some reason.... wub.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ May 23 2011, 06:55 AM)
I waited 5 months for last night to happen. Now it's over. Just like Christmas: all that waiting and excitement and now gone!  sad.gif  I'm tired and have a headache and I need a hug!! Does everyone feel this way after a rush concert? How do you get through it?

I feel this way after any great show I have looked forward to for a long time. I definitely can relate to the feeling.

All I can offer up is, cherish the memory and be thankful for it. Then look forward to other things that lie ahead. hug2.gif

In fact, I'm going to see Neal Morse(one of my all time favorite artists) tonight in NYC.

I will feel as you do now tomorrow morning.

Edited by tick

I sang so loud I'm hoarse today, but it was worth it, I did feel a little bereft as we left the LG and on the journey home, but then I started thinking.. It had been 4 years since I saw them on the S&A tour and TM soon came round, so now I'm looking forward to 2015 and my next 2.gif concert (hopefully everything crossed) and Clockwork Angels and the TM DVD when it comes out. Just got to recall several key moments from last nights show, those going to subsequent shows and that have been to ones prior on the TM tour will know what I mean, I felt the heat and the music and had some 'shocking' that wasn't on the album moments in a very good way, and more than anything for 3 hours I breathed the same air as them can't be blue after that 653.gif

I had a truly magic night, capped off when I turned round to see my hubby who has always been dragged along to the concerts, and who has always maintained he's not a fan, was joining in with the "Hey's" during 2112 this after he'd bought himself a TShirt and he'd been whistling Tom Sawyer all day. I knew if I exposed him long enough he would eventually succumb wink.gif Sorry gushing but it was so sweet to turn and see he was getting the same out of the night that I was, it was a shared experience rather than one I've enjoyed alone with him on the sidelines in the past.

I usually am but this tour I am SO elated. I've met some amazing new friends, done first and 6th rows and seen the band I've been a hard core fan of for the past 35 years play better and look happier than I've seen for a long time.

2015? Nah give them 18 months and they'll be out again!!

QUOTE (GroovyRockChick @ May 23 2011, 09:21 AM)
I sang so loud I'm hoarse today, but it was worth it, I did feel a little bereft as we left the LG and on the journey home, but then I started thinking.. It had been 4 years since I saw them on the S&A tour and TM soon came round, so now I'm looking forward to 2015 and my next 2.gif concert (hopefully everything crossed) and Clockwork Angels and the TM DVD when it comes out. Just got to recall several key moments from last nights show, those going to subsequent shows and that have been to ones prior on the TM tour will know what I mean, I felt the heat and the music and had some 'shocking' that wasn't on the album moments in a very good way, and more than anything for 3 hours I breathed the same air as them can't be blue after that 653.gif

I had a truly magic night, capped off when I turned round to see my hubby who has always been dragged along to the concerts, and who has always maintained he's not a fan, was joining in with the "Hey's" during 2112 this after he'd bought himself a TShirt and he'd been whistling Tom Sawyer all day. I knew if I exposed him long enough he would eventually succumb wink.gif Sorry gushing but it was so sweet to turn and see he was getting the same out of the night that I was, it was a shared experience rather than one I've enjoyed alone with him on the sidelines in the past.

Congrats on converting the hubby! trink39.gif

I've taken a couple people to Rush shows where, before the show they were only going "for me," then after the show they were so completely blown away that they were fans from then on out.

I hear you on the post-gig blues! I keep telling myself that now is the time for saving money for next year's shows and planning for how I'll do things differently (my plans got kinda messed up this year; part of it was unavoidable, but part of it was less than stellar planning on my part, or I'm wiser to how things work now). Having said that, though, I've been making lists of more merch I want to get that I missed getting, plus being a new fan, there's still gaps in my collection of the Rush catalog that I need to fill, so once I do that, I'll have more to listen to and watch. Hopefully this will include the DVD release later this year/early next year! I'm also still at a stage of learning their songs well - the games in the Roll the Bones section here help with that!

I'm trying to get to know people here and on other Rush sites/groups, but this is one of the most depressing things for me, since most fans have a lot more shared history than I do, so I'm left with this feeling of interrupting something. I'm kinda stuck on how to deal with this aspect of things.

One thing I always used to do with another band I liked was write a journal, or more of a travelogue about our trips to go see them, so I've been making notes/an outline and will soon start a Rush journal. This way, years down the road, I can read up on details I'll otherwise forget, and it keeps me busy now.

Mostly, though, I'm wishing this year away big time. I want it to be OVER so we can move on to the CA tour!

I don't know if I am allowed to post here, but I understand the post gig blues very well. I suggest finding a different album every few days to visit and to sit with it and reflect on the parts of your life that the album touched. I do this and it takes me back to some wonderful times. By the time the album is over, you will feel better. Do it again a few days later and so on. After a week or so it gets better.

I feel that way. However, my last Rush concert was on a school night, so the fact that I had a quiz the next day forced me out of it.

But otherwise - yes, I feel that way.

Absolutely know the feeling!

But the advice to listen to all their music is good advice. It helps some. I've been doing that ever since I saw the show last August on the first leg of the tour. And watching videos. And reading books. And looking at pictures.

Finding this Forum and some of the people I've "met" here has really helped, too. Nobody else can quite understand that high and the let-down after like other 2.gif fans.

My shows are still on the horizon. I'm excited and anxious but I know that after July 2nd I will crash, too.

I'm taking my daughter to the Vancouver show and her girlfriend is coming along to the Gorge, so I expect to bring 2 new fans into the fold. wink.gif

I don't know if I am allowed to post here

Mic, any guy is allowed to post here.... as long as they don't act like total jerks *cough*CoseyToes&GeminiRising*cough* wink.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ May 24 2011, 08:51 AM)

I don't know if I am allowed to post here

Mic, any guy is allowed to post here.... as long as they don't act like total jerks *cough*CoseyToes&GeminiRising*cough* wink.gif

What she said trink39.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 23 2011, 03:28 PM)
Sex is the answer...

Even if you just use a BOB...

trink38.gif

biggrin.gif the only problem is that we are currently at my mother-in-laws house so we can't till we get home tomorrow afternoon!!!

Show I went to was nine months ago and I'm STILL feeling it.

I just hope it's not the only one I'll ever go to!

...But even if it is, at least I got to see them once. (:

Totally feel you on that. Take out a few records and spin 'em. laugh.gif Always cheers me up.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 24 2011, 11:25 AM)

I just hope it's not the only one I'll ever go to!

...But even if it is, at least I got to see them once. (:

Yeah, that's true!!

After seeing the phenomenal, Neal Morse last night, I have it today. sad.gif

Ah, yes, I know that feeling. I waited five months for my show, back in April, and I was bummed to have it end. It felt like twenty minutes instead of three hours. sad.gif

But my Ged, did it blow my mind. It was my first ever concert of any kind, and my first ever Rush show. I was sad to see it end, but more than happy to have experienced it. My fingers are crossed for a second show on the upcoming Clockwork Angels tour. 1022.gif

Of course, I always have their thirty-plus-year discography and live concert DVDs to enjoy when I'm not enjoying the real thing. Plus the documentary. And plenty of lovely pics of Geddy. Seeing him live and twenty feet away from me was beyond incredible, though. wub.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 23 2011, 03:28 PM)
Sex is the answer...

Even if you just use a BOB...

trink38.gif

1287.gif 1287.gif

Here's hoping it's good... cool.gif cool.gif

You all get depressed AFTER seeing a Rush show? Really? What the hell are you gonna do when Geddy DIES?

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/cmonson.jpg