For those going to the Austin show

clem

This may be old news. Not sure. Last time Rush came to Austin, they only sold half the arena, which was actually nice since everyone then had "closer" seats to the stage.

I checked for the first time in awhile today, and based on the diagram below (which comes up when you click "buy tickets"), it looks like it might be the same set up again.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/S...caller=&appCode

Clem

QUOTE (clem @ May 22 2011, 01:15 PM)
This may be old news.  Not sure.  Last time Rush came to Austin, they only sold half the arena, which was actually nice since everyone then had "closer" seats to the stage.

I checked for the first time in awhile today, and based on the diagram below (which comes up when you click "buy tickets"), it looks like it might be the same set up again.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/S...caller=&appCode

Clem

Perhaps not. Here's the diagram from Texas Box Office, who sold the tickets:

http://www.texasboxoffice.com/000_diagrams/southstage.html

QUOTE (wannabe @ Jun 4 2011, 02:20 PM)
For you guys that know, I have Section 34, Row 3, Seat 5. I assuming they should be pretty awesome but your thoughts on how close I will be to Big Al !!! Let me know.

I am in section 34 row 25!

The setup is the traditional south stage setup, not the half arena that they had the last time they were in Austin. They have already sold tickets with reserved seats, so they aren't changing the layout, unless they reissue all the tickets....

Regarding size of the arena, it is not small. I think it seats over 18,000 for basketball. The upper deck is high - not football stadium high, but it is a fairly large basketball arena.

QUOTE (spineguru @ Jun 7 2011, 12:55 PM)
The setup is the traditional south stage setup, not the half arena that they had the last time they were in Austin. They have already sold tickets with reserved seats, so they aren't changing the layout, unless they reissue all the tickets....

Regarding size of the arena, it is not small. I think it seats over 18,000 for basketball. The upper deck is high - not football stadium high, but it is a fairly large basketball arena.

Section 42 isn't in the "upper" (i.e. highest) section. There are 2 section 42s. One is lower and the other is more of a "middle".

So those seats won't be great, but they'll be "pretty good". Looks like you're almost directly across from the stage which also has some good advantages.

Clem