UK Attendance?

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 21 2011, 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ May 21 2011, 10:17 PM)
Maiden are still releasing albums, so they are hardly a nostalgia band.

With the quality of all their releases since Signals, Rush ought to concentrate on being a nostalgia band...

Maiden Tickets are waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper than Rush tickets, Maiden are managed by a Yorkshireman too confused13.gif

OMG a yorkshirman ? you say it like it's a bad thing. Do you get a nice tea break at their gigs these days ?

I'm hoping for a tea trolly at the Rush gig and a few hobnobs ..

one day ... one day

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

j

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ May 22 2011, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 22 2011, 10:44 AM)
Glasgow attendance - 7597

That was some optical illusion they pulled off then. Hall 4 seated capacity is 12,500. I didn't see many spare seats. huh.gif

I was surprised too. It seemed bigger. But this figure came from my source in the venue. It looked the same as Quo in December and they got around 8000.

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

QUOTE (Gygz @ May 22 2011, 10:11 AM)
OMG a yorkshirman ? you say it like it's a bad thing.

Well it is.

Yorkshire, France and the United States, beautiful places spoiled by the inhabitants. tongue.gif

Edited by Cosy Toes

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 22 2011, 12:29 PM)
j

That was some optical illusion they pulled off then. Hall 4 seated capacity is 12,500. I didn't see many spare seats. huh.gif

I was surprised too. It seemed bigger. But this figure came from my source in the venue. It looked the same as Quo in December and they got around 8000.

When a venue is reasonably full, it can be hard to spot the empty seat among the occupied ones, especialy in a nation where Deep Fried Mars bar is the national dish.

Sheffield had ticket sales of 5,800 the Arena looked fuller than that.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 22 2011, 01:59 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 22 2011, 12:29 PM)
j

When a venue is reasonably full, it can be hard to spot the empty seat among the occupied ones, especialy in a nation where Deep Fried Mars bar is the national dish.

Sheffield had ticket sales of 5,800 the Arena looked fuller than that.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Trouty @ May 22 2011, 02:27 PM)
I was told Newcastle sold 5400 seats last night and the capacity is 9000 there is no way on God's green earth there was over 3000 empty seats last night..

Thats why i'm not convinced about the SECC figures ... there was no way there were 3000 empty seats last night. Pish is what I say

I've seen different reports of the SECC capacity, from 8200 to 12500.

The place looked pretty rammed last week, except in the outermost tiered seats.

Anyone want to count 'em ? biggrin.gif

http://www.secc.co.uk/media/147013/SECC%20Hall4%20All%20seated%20new%20configuration.jpg

Newcastle had no blacked out seating areas this time unlike last, which was great to see! I noticed a lot more of a younger crowd in there too which is inspiring.

Place was chokka!!!! Yay!

Btw - forget the nostalgia lark - rush are here to stay and still producing great music. If you want nostalgia then I'd suggest staying at home with your vinyl and Decca record player rofl3.gif tongue.gif 2.gif

Maybe they'll consider advertising it next time .. pfft

The attendance is incredible for a group almost never mentioned on mainstream media and never to my knowledge spend much on advertising..

If this attendance was the result after a massive media campaign and saturation air play they should be worried..

I think someones trolling with BS figures.

Why i'm not sure.. maybe just because they know it annoys loyal fans.

so.. moon.gif ..stop spoiling the party

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ May 22 2011, 04:26 PM)
I was told Newcastle sold 5400 seats last night and the capacity is 9000 there is no way on God's green earth there was over 3000 empty seats last night..

Thats why i'm not convinced about the SECC figures ... there was no way there were 3000 empty seats last night. Pish is what I say

My figure is 100% correct. Trust me. I put in a request to a friend of mine who works there in a senior position.

QUOTE (edgejedi @ May 22 2011, 12:26 PM)
Newcastle had no blacked out seating areas this time unlike last, which was great to see! I noticed a lot more of a younger crowd in there too which is inspiring.

Btw - forget the nostalgia lark - rush are here to stay and still producing great music. If you want nostalgia then I'd suggest staying at home with your vinyl and Decca record player rofl3.gif tongue.gif 2.gif

The way some people talk you'd think Rush were boy band chasing $$$... It's not and never has been..Its a group of great musicians who play for the people who love what they do Thasts why we love em' 2.gif

I'm sure they made enough to retire long ago

QUOTE (edgejedi @ May 22 2011, 05:26 PM)

There was a few small areas 'blacked' out mate. Right in the back two corners. I asked why to a steward and they claim health and safety. Not sure how but that is what I was told. We are maybe only talking 200 seats tops and yes it was mighty full. Not the biggest arena but I would not mind a tenner per person in there... smile.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 22 2011, 05:43 PM)

My figure is 100% correct. Trust me. I put in a request to a friend of mine who works there in a senior position.

I must say I do enjoy getting called a troll by a n00b, that's a first....I'm sure you'll crawl back under your rock once the tour is over.

Anyway, just got this confirmed......The licenced capacity for the SECC is just over 10,000. So, it might be able to take 12,500, but it's only allowed to hold 10,000, IMHO. So Glasgow was over 3/4 full. Sounds about right.

7600 seats at the SECC seems about right. I dunno where this 12,500 capacity figure came from, because it is listed on the official site, that in a theatre configuration (which a concert it included as) that the capacity is 10,000.

You also loose about 2-300 seats just from having a mixing / lighting consoles and other equipment on the floor. Sections A, B, Q and R were basically empty, so thats about 1300 empty seats plus the 300 or so lost from the bands gear. Thats 1600 seats straight away.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 22 2011, 05:43 PM)

I believe that was the figure you got Hatchet ... just don't believe its accurate is all. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ May 22 2011, 09:31 PM)
I dunno where this 12,500 capacity figure came from, because it is listed on the official site, that in a theatre configuration (which a concert it included as) that the capacity is 10,000.

Came from various sources on the net

The capacity is 12,000 for 'receptions'. I guess the additional capacity is made up by not having floor seating, and not having the stage set up.

Just for reference, I had asked one of the stewards how many people were expected, and I was told that they were prepared for around about 7500 people... so I guess it ties in with HA&S's figures.

Edited by Sir Lerxst

QUOTE (Gygz @ May 22 2011, 05:45 PM)
The way some people talk you'd think Rush were boy band chasing $$$... It's not and never has been..Its a group of great musicians who play for the people who love what they do Thasts why we love em' 2.gif

I'm sure they made enough to retire long ago

The more $$$ you have, the more $$$ you want.

Good Wine, and Good Golf don't come cheap. Last I heard they were all down to their last $20 million. Don't forget, Ray Danniel$ wants his share too.