• Anthem
    • Best I Can
    • Beneath, Between and Behind
    • By-Tor and the Snowdog
    • Fly By Night
    • Making Memories
    • Rivendell
    • In The End

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 11 2004, 11:44 PM)
I voted for Anthem.  But, I'm sad to see no votes for Making Memories.  It remains, year over year, such a great song.

I forgot I responded here. Again, glad to see I would still vote today the same way I voted then. Anthem is f'ing incredible and introduces us to NeilFinal.gif.

Every song on this CD is absolutely awesome - except for one. I'll leave it nameless. Oh hell - no I won't. It's Rivendell. I have no attachment to that song whatsoever. All I can remember about it is that old cassette would be blasting from the radio in the window and we'd be outside so we couldn't reach the radio. Rivendell would come on, and we'd be forced to suffer through it because nobody wanted to go inside and fast forward it.

I went Anthem, by a nose. So many great songs from this album.

Rush wrote many "Anthems" over the years. Songs you scream in your car because they feel like a life statement to you. This was their first, and it was a great start.

By-Tor-reasons

1) Great guitar solos (2nd is explosive w/ emotion)

2) Pratt does best on kit out of all 8 tracks

3) Lee shows great vocal range and power

4) They do a great job of portraying the battle and other scenes

5) Nice lyrecs (mythology/monsters make great Rock and Roll)

6) Plenty of song (longest w/ 8 minuts)

8) Detailed & most artistic

Guest Xourque
For me, my favorite song off of this album is "Beneath, Between and Behind". Why? Because being a citizen of the United States, I can appreciate songs that discuss the reality that perfect is not for real. Meaning, "Beneath the noble birth, Between the proudest words, Behind the beauty, cracks appear". I especially like the part where it says: "The guns replace the plow, facades are tarnished now, The principles have been betrayed, The dreams's gone stale, but still, let hope prevail" specifically because of how in our present time, the current administration of this country is militarizing itself, while taking it to a more republic extreme opposed to a democratic extreme. Too bad! Good song.

QUOTE (slacker @ Oct 16 2004, 04:05 AM)
any where any where but here, any place the dark lord can not go!.. 062802puke_prv.gif

Rivendell

Sweet wine and soft relaxing lights smile.gif

Need i print more cool10.gif