Merchandise Cost

It's cheaper on the backstage website

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 18 2011, 02:52 PM)
It's cheaper on the backstage website

Costs us an arm AND a bloody cork leg to get stuff from the Backstage Club over here. I went for the cheaper shipping once - was still waiting for it to be delivered 9 weeks later. angry.gif

Would have to agree - hoodies etc are totally overpriced

Patrick mcloughlain

I met him yesturday in manchester in a shop and he asked was I going to Rush I said yes and he said he worked for them..

His family runs the whole merchandising operation for Rush and has done since the beginning--Showtech is the name of the company and he is the manager

So maybe he is the price maker? I should have asked him why the hoodies were 90euro in Dublin lol

I did ask him about Ged and Als activities in manchester before the show, he said they dont stay in the cities they are playing , they are based in london and just travel to the shows from there and that Neil was riding the bike somwhere round the country.

I guessed Neil would do a "Tour" within a Tour and be inspired to write about the rolling hills of England . . another AFTK maybe?

I would also suspect that Ged & Al would stay with friends as opposed to being based in one hotel in central london. Makes sense to have a 'home from home'.

It would be one of those things that makes touring easier

QUOTE (StuartBruce @ May 19 2011, 01:43 PM)
I guessed Neil would do a "Tour" within a Tour and be inspired to write about the rolling hills of England . . another AFTK maybe?

I would also suspect that Ged & Al would stay with friends as opposed to being based in one hotel in central london. Makes sense to have a 'home from home'.

It would be one of those things that makes touring easier

Geddy has a flat in London

Please feel free to tell me if its not forum etiquette, but what designs are the bootleg shirts on sale that people mention are the same designs inside the halls at twice the price? Any pics?

Must admit, on the Snakes and Ladders tour I bought a boot shirt after the show outside and its as good as the day I bought it still. No fading, same shape and a great design actually.

I went to Glasgow show last week with money and plan to buy programme, t shirt and 1 other item.

Left empty handed.

Guess venues must be asking for 25% of takings perhaps?

Programmes ought be tenner tops (not 15)

T shirts 15 or 20.

Disappointed.

R30 tour at Birmingham & my red R30 Tshirt colours ran spoiling the white R30 circle (now pink) and the block of txt (tour dates) on the back was at a weird angle after 1 wash.

I since bought 3 official shirts from Backstage club and another 2nd hand off the Ebay - they are still going strong.

Won't get fooled again cool.gif

Tonight will be awesome - tomorrow will be "Been there didn't buy the T-shirt"

I'm on Block13 E424 - "slaphead with the tie-dyed 2112 Tee"

2.gif

Edited by latter-day-warrior

So I was at 4 this time round, did buy a few things but managed to come home with nowt! i think it was down to going to the venue too late/ or ques (sp)

I know I can get anything off the backstage club, it is just as expensive and it takes about 4 weeks, is there a Uk based dispenser of any merchandising stuff