Farrelly Bros talk about "Dumb & Dumber" sequel

ALifeson85

Bobby Farrelly, co-writer/director of the original Dumb & Dumber (as well as Kingpin, There's Something About Mary, Me, Myself, & Irene, and the more recent Hall Pass), mentioned at a recent press conference, that he, and brother/co-writer Peter Farrelly, have begun working on a script for a possible sequel to the 1994 Comedy hit Dumb & Dumber...a REAL sequel...not the god-awful "prequel", Dumb & Dumberer - which the Farrelly Bros had nothing to do with, thankfully...that came out in 2003.

Jeff Daniels, apparently, has already shown interest in the idea - but for Jim Carrey, it's still up in the air. Bobby Farrelly quotes: " If we could get those two guys back together, Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels, that might be a worthwhile sequel - and that ball is in motion. We're starting to think about what those two dimwits would be doing twenty-years later in life, and hopefully we'll be able to come up with something worthy of a sequel."

With Carrey and Daniels reprising their roles, and the Farrelly Bros writing and directing, I actually look forward to this film possibly happening! yes.gif Here's the article link: Dumb & Dumber sequel on the horizon...

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 17 2011, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ May 17 2011, 09:08 PM)
I am sure Jeff Daniels is in desperate need of a paycheck.... how many movies has he done in the last 15 years?

A lot!

Really, The last 2 Major things I remember him is were "Plesantville" and "Good Night, and Good Luck" (both very good films BTW). but he was a supporting character in both of those films.

If they can't get Carey to sign on, they shouldn't make the movie. I don't want to see anyone else playing that roll. The 2003 remake was terrible. I hope this movie is made.

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ May 18 2011, 07:43 AM)
If they can't get Carey to sign on, they shouldn't make the movie. I don't want to see anyone else playing that roll. The 2003 remake was terrible. I hope this movie is made.

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure the Farrelly Brothers know that without Jim Carrey, them making this sequel will be a waste of time, since half of the original Dumb & Dumber fanbase would be pissed, and not even bother seeing it. And I'm sure the Farrelly's wouldn't tarnish the very film that got their writing/directing careers off the ground. It's either Jeff Daniels AND Jim Carrey for the sequel, or NO SEQUEL at ALL. no.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

In other words, the Farrelly Brothers are short on both money AND ideas.

I haven't seen any of the "Dumb" movies or "Me, Myself & Irene". I cannot stand Carrey, the lone exception being Fun With Dick & Jane.

I remember seeing the original in a theater when it came out. My friend and I kept looking at each other and rolling our eyes. After 30 or 40 minutes of horrendous stupidity, we left.

I've since seen parts of it on TV, and it's not as bad as I originally thought, but it still ain't good. I refer to the movie as "Bad and Worse."

Sequel? My Lord, why?

QUOTE (mortkort @ May 19 2011, 04:31 AM)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn293/emonizer/em1/drool25.jpg

bekloppt.gif

Mort, it's so nice to see you!!!

I just took a tour of the hotel where they filmed the original. They had a great story they told about Jim and his night in a haunted room at the hotel.

I like Carrey, and I don't think it would work without him.