Rush Given High Praise on Wrap-up Show

snowdogged

On the Wrap-up show they were talking about Aerosmith and saying that when they played live they played a bunch of newer songs and didn't play many hits and were basically saying that the shows were boring. John Hein, one of the hosts of the show said that almost any show you go to these days, besides maybe Rush, has all kinds of songs that are basically bathroom break songs.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 17 2011, 03:22 PM)
On the Wrap-up show they were talking about Aerosmith and saying that when they played live they played a bunch of newer songs and didn't play many hits and were basically saying that the shows were boring. John Hein, one of the hosts of the show said that almost any show you go to these days, besides maybe Rush, has all kinds of songs that are basically bathroom break songs.

That's not high praise, maybe a favorable mention. But only a mention. And Rush has bathroom break songs. Have you ever heard Faithless? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ May 17 2011, 02:26 PM)

That's not high praise, maybe a favorable mention. But only a mention. And Rush has bathroom break songs. Have you ever heard Faithless? tongue.gif

I'd say that choosing Rush out of every band that stills plays live shows is pretty high praise. Brief high praise but still high praise.

P.S. Faithless is the only song on S&A that I don't like.

Didn't used to like it but after I heard it live I came to like it much better.

Edited by RushNut

QUOTE (RushNut @ May 17 2011, 02:46 PM)

How much did you have to drink at the show ?

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 17 2011, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ May 17 2011, 02:46 PM)

How much did you have to drink at the show ?

Come on, it's not that bad, it's just that they could have played so many other, better, songs.

QUOTE (vital signz @ May 17 2011, 03:05 PM)
I love Faithless...

And i love bathroom breaks, so i hope they never take it out of the set tongue.gif

mine fer a while was ghost of a chance

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 17 2011, 03:09 PM)
I love Faithless...

And i love bathroom breaks, so i hope they never take it out of the set tongue.gif

I agree totally...love pounding a few beers at the show and that beer HAS to go somewhere...

In reality, I think playing Faithless at their shows is Rush's way of saying "thank you" to their fans. They know they play a long show and a lot of the audience members are indulging in brewskies so I believe they want to give us, the fans, a bathroom break. That opening chord is Rush's signal to all of us to go take a leak

love Faithless. plus, why take a bathroom break when there's an intermission?

now, back onto the o.p.... I know that the guys on the Stern show like Rush, and mention them often, and even use their songs are bumper music. always nice to hear anyone praising Rush.

altough I really don't like Eddie Trunk, he mentions and praises Rush a lot, which is cool. like a few weeks ago on that metal show, they were discussing best Canadian bands with Sebastian Bach and the guys from Anvil. the entire time they kept saying "best BESIDES Rush" lol it was cool.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 17 2011, 04:16 PM)
I'm not a beer drinker so I have no need for a bathroom break at Rush shows. Therefore, every single song is gold 1022.gif (not pee)

Same...IF I need a bathroom break, I hold until the intermission. Being a girl, I can usually get in, get out, and back to my seat in about 5 minutes.

tongue.gif tongue.gif

ranton.gif Honestly, I think the hate for Faithless comes from those who disagree with Neil's agnostic/atheistic beliefs that are portrayed in the lyrics. Having had a pretty extreme religion shoved down my throat the majority of my life, I can relate to what he is saying. Don't preach to me... I'm going to believe what I feel is right. I personally love the song.

So much hypocrisy in Religion... eyesre4.gif Jesus loves you, but you'll burn in hell for all eternity if you don't accept him as your lord and savior. But, God is merciful... rantoff.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 17 2011, 02:22 PM)

Missed the wrap up show today but try to hear as often as the Stern Show...Hein is a HUGE 2.gif fan so of course he praised them.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ May 17 2011, 05:05 PM)
I'm not a beer drinker so I have no need for a bathroom break at Rush shows. Therefore, every single song is gold 1022.gif (not pee)

Same...IF I need a bathroom break, I hold until the intermission. Being a girl, I can usually get in, get out, and back to my seat in about 5 minutes.

tongue.gif tongue.gif

ranton.gif Honestly, I think the hate for Faithless comes from those who disagree with Neil's agnostic/atheistic beliefs that are portrayed in the lyrics. Having had a pretty extreme religion shoved down my throat the majority of my life, I can relate to what he is saying. Don't preach to me... I'm going to believe what I feel is right. I personally love the song.

So much hypocrisy in Religion... eyesre4.gif Jesus loves you, but you'll burn in hell for all eternity if you don't accept him as your lord and savior. But, God is merciful... rantoff.gif

agree 100%!!

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ May 17 2011, 04:28 PM)
I love Faithless...

i thought i was the only one who actually liked it i guess not

nope. there's two of you. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ May 17 2011, 05:05 PM)

tongue.gif tongue.gif

Isn't it great? Even with more and more girls at Rush concerts these days there is never a line at the ladies room. It was really evident at the Cleveland show, ladies room was almost empty during intermission.

As for the original topic, I didn't care for Faithless until I heard it live on this tour. It's kind of slow and dragy on the album, but much better live.

Edit for spelling.

Edited by MCM