Ronnie James Dio

The Owl

Tomorrow May 16th will mark one year since the greatest voice in Rock and Metal passed away.... Gonna play my Dio playlist tomorrow...

I will throw my Horns up all day tomorrow..

\m/ (-_-) \m/

If you follow Dio's fan page on Facebook you know about the fund DIO's wife set up called the "Stand Up and Shout cancer fund" its a good cause and remembering Dio is as just a good as cause as any to pay it some attention.

It's something how many really, really great things Ronnie had a hand in. I was always a fan, and all that stuff was here for me to listen to, but I never took stock until he was gone. When you put the library together...how prolific and dynamic he was.

Can't believe it's been one year already. So many great songs. And, based on what I've heard from Eddie Trunk, a good person too.

He is also why I have only \m/ in my sig.

RIP Dio.

Edited by teababe27

We've had a few celebrity passings lately, but this one leaves quite a hole... for me anyway. I didn't quite realize it at first. Been playing quite a bit of Dio-Sab and Rainbow lately. Dio is alive through our memories.

Rock on, dude.

Today i listen to all things Dio . Still sad a year later

1022.gif

As far back as I can remember Dio has always been one of my all time favorites. Weather it was Elf, Rainbow, Sabbath, his solo career or how he ended his career with Heaven & Hell, everything Dio was involved with was great.

Hard to believe it's been a year already since the greatest singer of all time left this world sad.gif I already started listening to his stuff last night by putting on some Rainbow and listening to H&H and TMR.

I'll continue that today with his solo material.

RIP Ronnie, you were one of the true legends of all time and are still missed very much by all of your fans.

QUOTE (raygun47 @ May 15 2011, 10:23 PM)
It's something how many really, really great things Ronnie had a hand in. I was always a fan, and all that stuff was here for me to listen to, but I never took stock until he was gone. When you put the library together...how prolific and dynamic he was.

this goodpost.gif

It is hard to believe how fast a year goes by, my introduction to Ronnie was that first Rainbow album. Such a big voice and from all that you hear an equally big heart.

My thoughts are with Wendy on this tough day.

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 15 2011, 08:15 PM)
Tomorrow May 16th will mark one year since the greatest voice in Rock and Metal passed away.... Gonna play my Dio playlist tomorrow...

I will throw my Horns up all day tomorrow..

\m/ (-_-) \m/

If you follow Dio's fan page on Facebook you know about the fund DIO's wife set up called the "Stand Up and Shout cancer fund" its a good cause and remembering Dio is as just a good as cause as any to pay it some attention.

Thanks for the headsup! ... I have been playing Dio quite a bit today including right now! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ May 16 2011, 06:27 PM)
He does Play Power Metal which is my favorite metal sub genre.. And he does have an awesome voice.
Don't know if I dig the whole satanic thing, but RIP.

While the Dio band did have a power metal vibe musically and lyrically, I would never consider them full on power metal. Though Ronnie did have a huge influence in the genre.

And what's the Satanic thing you're talking about? I've been a fan of his forever and he's never been associated with devil worship or anything.

I got teary eyed yesterday. He died 2 days before my B-day, so that makes my birthday this year (21) pretty hard to swallow. I miss the man dearly, and was able to MEET him back in 2007. What a class act he always was.

Also, probably the best song, ever.

Ronnie James, and Deep Purple: Sitting in a Dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1_b5tJ1SoY

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 18 2011, 03:33 AM)
And what's the Satanic thing you're talking about? I've been a fan of his forever and he's never been associated with devil worship or anything.

Quite right confused13.gif