Fleetwood Mac

What is your opinion of Fleetwood Mac?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of Fleetwood Mac?

• Love 'em
    • Hate 'em
    • They're okay
    • I've heard the hits, but not much else
    • Who?

I dig the band. I'm not a fan of them without Christine, however. No way I'd go see them without her.

I know what you mean, it wouldn't be the same without her but I might *just* let that one go.

I absolutely LOVE them.

I would love to see them live, but will not pay the price lol. I would also LOOOOOOOOOOVE to see Lindsay Buckingham live, solo.

I absolutely LOVE them.

I would love to see them live, but will not pay the price lol. I would also LOOOOOOOOOOVE to see Lindsay Buckingham live, solo.

They're coming down here in Dec, the price puts me off as well.

• Like 1

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 14 2011, 11:42 AM) I think without Christine there, Lindsey and Stevie really shine. it's a pretty rocking album.

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

IMO, Christine McVie held the band back - way back. Her songwriting was woefully wimpy and pop-orientated. I liked only 1-2 of her songs. The rest was junk. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

But this is pure magic...

Songbird brings this Metal maven to tears . An absolutely gorgeous tune.

• Like 1

There was a hot chick in this band, but that was my only real interest. It was never quite enough to get me to actually buy one of their albums. I knew I wasn't going to get to bang her, so why pay for the knickers that I was never gonna take off anyway? Let her buy her own knickers how dare she try to make me buy them! :eh: :huh: :eh: :smoke: :unsure: :wacko: :hi: :blaze: :eh: :ph34r: :blink: :unsure: :o :eh:

Fleetwood Mac is my childhood. My mom is a big fan and my whole life they've been the soundtrack. Watching Mick Fleetwood on "The Dance" video is why I wanted to be a drummer when I was 6.
  • Like 1

if any of you are in London, you should consider going to see them in December. Christine will be there performing with them. my friend(whose boyfriend is in their back up band) is making the trip. I'm jealous. I've gotten into her stuff a lot more over the past year or so.
  • Like 1

if any of you are in London, you should consider going to see them in December. Christine will be there performing with them. my friend(whose boyfriend is in their back up band) is making the trip. I'm jealous. I've gotten into her stuff a lot more over the past year or so.

I would've thought December was the Australasian leg. I was under the impression Christine wasn't in this line-up. Tix for the 2 shows here are going on sale today infact.

Ahh, a day playing the Mac. Started off with the Green era, then the utterly spellbinding Danny Kirwan years.

Danny was the man, but too gentle and damaged for the limelight. He's out there, somewhere.

Do you prefer the Green era or the gossamer queen era?

• Like 1

Ahh, a day playing the Mac. Started off with the Green era, then the utterly spellbinding Danny Kirwan years.

Danny was the man, but too gentle and damaged for the limelight. He's out there, somewhere.

Green, all the way. I have a big weakness for the British blues explosion, and PG was the master. But, I do love the Stevie/Lyndsey era. Impossible not to.

• Like 2

Green, all the way. I have a big weakness for the British blues explosion, and PG was the master. But, I do love the Stevie/Lyndsey era. Impossible not to.

Aye. :hail:

Bare Trees and then Fleetwood Mac through to The Dance (minus Tango). These are my most favoured FM albums!

I love nearly everything they have done, bar Mr Wonderful, Tango In The Night and Say You Will.

One of the greatest bands of all time, even of the different lineups sound like different bands.

I've been in love with Fleetwood Mac my whole life, my dad named me after their song Sara.

So....whatschername??

Her name is Rhiannon.

Can't you read?