Rush - Dublin,Irl

sanzo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought the whole show was stunning, was about 4 folk from the front and ran out of steam around 2112 with the jumping around......the teenagers all around us just kept on going and were having an absolute ball !!

Marathon then Subdivisions had the place in rapture smile.gif

Im in glasgow now getting ready to see the 3 masters again tonight!

Rush in Dublin was amazing! Yesturday was just as amazing

I have a story to tell about yesturday but ill do that another time

I met Ray daniels at dublin airport (heart was pounding) and thanked him for all he had done , he asked if I enjoyed the show, I said it was "great, absolutly brilliant"

Tho he didnt seem to want to shake my hand, dont know wether it was because he was holding bags or just doesnt like to get to close to Rush fans

next part of the story is even more amazing!

I WAS ON THE FLIGHT OUT OF DUBLIN WITH THE WHOLE f***ing TOUR CREW

YES

THE WHOLE CREW

I SENSED SOMTHING WHEN I GOT ON BUT TOOK ME A FEW MINUTES TO REALISE JUST WHAT WAS GOING ON

HOWARD (lighting guy) WAS RIGHT IN FRONT, LORNE WEATON (drum tech )WAS 2 IN FRONT , RAY WAS THERE AGAIN AND A FEW OTHERS THAT I RECOGNISED FROM RIR DVD AND BTLS!

I got in front of lorne when getting off, turned to him shook the hand and said "thanks for keeping neil doing what he does best, he is the best, he asked where i was from and i asked him how Neil was getting to the next show, I think he said ferry then motorcycle and that ged and Al was on a different flight ..we talked about loads more,ill post later when i remember

My damn camera hadrun out of batteries and lorne promised me a picture, he waited for his bags and I ran like a mad hatter round the airport to get more batteries, I think i left all the change at the till!

I spoke to some guy that was on RIR documentary dvd,I called him jeff brazier but now im not sure if that was his name? he was the stage production manager on the VP tour, as I was talking to him lornne had bloddy left and I lost him doh.gif I seen ray again and said thanks for coming to ireland,theres a lot of fans here, will you come back on the next tour he said "you never know,anything can happen"

biggrin.gif

I then found Lorne outside and got my picture taken ill post later

It was just unreal the feeling of meeting the people that make a Rush tour possible

Im going to see them again tonight CANT f***ing WAIT!!

2.gif

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ May 14 2011, 03:11 AM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 13 2011, 06:33 PM)
Wel, that gig was average at best.

Easily the worst setlist since the resumed touring Yurp again.
Set 1 took a hell of a nosedive after TSoR, only picking up with the last three songs.
Then, wow they play all of MP, BFD, so we get The Camera Eye, but do we need Vital Signs?

Neil had a face like a Bulldog licking piss off a nettle all night, and the lighting rig delivered less than it promised. The intro videos were shite.

On the positive side, Alex looked well into it - even if his guitar work is very Milli Vanilli - and I thought taht Geddy's vocals held up very well (even if others differ in their opinion - and they do)

So you went to the concert...why??

Because as a young 17 year old girl it was my first chance to see Rush live. Why shouldn't I go to the concert? It's not madatory to like it when you're there, it's called "Freeom of choice". Jeez Louise, you speak yur mind round here, and say it as you see it and people criticise you. confused13.gif

If you want to know, I went to meet up with old friends (some have been grooming me on the internet for years) and visit Dublin for the first time.

[quote=Cosy Toes,May 13 2011, 11:33 PM

On the positive side, Alex looked well into it - even if his guitar work is very Milli Vanilli

Milli Vanilli? Are you suggesting that Alex is miming his guitar parts?

Given your musical expertise and guitar playing prowess, I would be most interested to read your detailed assessment of the "mimed" bits?

Please enlighten me Ms Toes...

Edited by Terrapin

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 13 2011, 05:33 PM)
Wel, that gig was average at best.

Easily the worst setlist since the resumed touring Yurp again.
Set 1 took a hell of a nosedive after TSoR, only picking up with the last three songs.
Then, wow they play all of MP, BFD, so we get The Camera Eye, but do we need Vital Signs?

Neil had a face like a Bulldog licking piss off a nettle all night, and the lighting rig delivered less than it promised. The intro videos were shite.

On the positive side, Alex looked well into it - even if his guitar work is very Milli Vanilli - and I thought taht Geddy's vocals held up very well (even if others differ in their opinion - and they do)

damn..... rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Terrapin @ May 15 2011, 11:03 PM)

On the positive side, Alex looked well into it - even if his guitar work is very Milli Vanilli

Given your musical expertise and guitar playing prowess, I would be most interested to read your detailed assessment of the "mimed" bits?

Oh, Alex is playing guitar, but he isn't playing all the guitars, if you get my drift.

Enjoyed the Dublin gig. Certainly it was good to see Rush in Ireland for the first time ever.

First set has a few songs that slow the pace down a little, but the second set is better.

After attending Glasgow on Saturday night I noticed that there are more 'effects' with the flames, so I'm assuming they weren't able to do the full stage show in Dublin due to Health and Safety issues.

Hopefully Rush come back to Ireland and play Belfast next time as well.

Yes I got home and checked mr brazier up, his name is indeed Craig and not Jeff which was what I called him

I hope hes not into the uk celebrity scene because Jeff brazier was jade goodys husband !

At least I got my pic with him and then another one with lorne weaton

Dublin was pants compared to Sheffield. Sorry all you Micks, Paddis and Bog Trotters (not that there were any of youse lot there) but the low down stinking DeeDahs got a better show. From where I was standing.

My first Rush Concert, really enjoyed it, i will always remember it and will tell the grandkids about it someday (btw im only 21 now lol). Love the song Subdivisons and of course Tom Sawyer ,Limelight and Workin them Angels among all the other songs on the set. Id say the new album is going to be amazing when it comes out hopefully in 2012.

Out of intrest did anyone buy the 90 euro rush hoddie they had on sale lol

Oh, Alex is playing guitar, but he isn't playing all the guitars, if you get my drift.

No, I don't get your "drift" sweetie, but I get your retreat. I'll ask you again, where is Alex Lifeson miming, which songs? Which parts?

QUOTE (Terrapin @ May 18 2011, 12:28 AM)

No, I don't get your "drift" sweetie, but I get your retreat. I'll ask you again, where is Alex Lifeson miming, which songs? Which parts?

OK Far Cry for one. Double tracked guitar part plays, and the "Hemispheres" chord gets played by the drummer.

Presto, acoustic part gets played by invisble guitarist under electric bits.

Working them Angels has a double tracked Bouzouki bit.

And don't get me started on the invisible Keyboard player on TCE...

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 18 2011, 09:07 AM)

OK Far Cry for one. Double tracked guitar part plays, and the "Hemispheres" chord gets played by the drummer.

Presto, acoustic part gets played by invisble guitarist under electric bits.

Working them Angels has a double tracked Bouzouki bit.

And don't get me started on the invisible Keyboard player on TCE...

Invisible keyboard player!!!!! AWESOME. They must have gotten hold of Gemini Man's watch. I so wanted that watch when I were a lad.