Pink Floyd MAJOR reissues

The Owl

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 10 2011, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (Wartypig @ May 10 2011, 08:23 AM)
Nothing from Animals  sad.gif

Animals and Meddle are coming at a later date.

Good! Animals is my fav. 1022.gif

They could have gotten Steven Wilson to do the 5.1 mix. D'oh! That would have been incredible.

Oh my God, I'm trying to catch my breath! Remastered!? 6 disc versions of DSOTM, WYWH, and THE WALL!? Dear lord...starting to save money now for that box set!

I am looking forward to some of the unreleased material... I would like to hear some of lesser played live stuff from the pre-dark side days... in better than bootleg quality...

Also I hope the early versions of Dogs and Sheep are on this..

Alas, I wish they didn't HAVE to start with the ultra-popular 1973-1979 albums, but as long as they release the earlier stuff soon afterwards, I'll be happy.

And unreleased material/alternate takes? Are you shitting me? Pink Floyd is the rare, rare band (at least up through 1973) where pretty much EVERYTHING they ever did, even their unreleased material or outtakes is completely essential.

Mostly my reaction is:

drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif

I know I'm dreaming, but if they officially released the early BBC recordings and the unreleased 4th Barrett single, I'd be beyond ecstatic. yes.gif

Okay, I re-read the article..

It seems the box set is JUST the studio albums remastered (A LA the Beatles Box Set)...

All the unreleased material will be part of the multi disc "Immersion" releases...

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 10 2011, 07:15 PM)

It seems the box set is JUST the studio albums remastered (A LA the Beatles Box Set)...

All the unreleased material will be part of the multi disc "Immersion" releases...

Hell, I might just buy the box AND the immersion editions! I hope Dave, Rog, and Nick really get into this and give us a great product. Hopefully Rog will have time for this since he's still on tour.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 10 2011, 11:34 AM)
QUOTE (Wartypig @ May 10 2011, 08:23 AM)
Nothing from Animals  sad.gif

Animals and Meddle are coming at a later date.

two great albums

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 10 2011, 05:19 PM)
Also I hope the early versions of Dogs and Sheep are on this..

They were performed at the 1974 Wembley shows so they should on there, assuming they release the full concert. The bootlegs of these shows sound tremendous so I'll really be looking forward to that. icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 11 2011, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ May 10 2011, 04:15 PM)

Didn't they already do that with the Shine On box set? confused13.gif

No, the Shine On box set was only a few select albums which included 'A Saucerful of Secrets', 'Meddle', 'The Dark Side of the Moon', 'Wish You Were Here', 'Animals', 'The Wall', and 'A Momentary Lapse of Reason'. It also came with a special early singles CD that could only be bought with the box.

According to Why Pink Floyd...?, the official site of the reissue campaign, there will be more details about vinyl releases soon. Methinks a remastered vinyl box set is in the works here.

Oy, I finally looked at the official website.

As far as I can tell, besides their three most popular albums including previously unreleased material, all their OTHER albums will be only remasters of the albums. Bummer, I was really hoping for some pre-Dark Side goodies. Kinda sucks... eh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 11 2011, 03:11 PM)
Oy, I finally looked at the official website.

As far as I can tell, besides their three most popular albums including previously unreleased material, all their OTHER albums will be only remasters of the albums. Bummer, I was really hoping for some pre-Dark Side goodies. Kinda sucks... eh.gif

Yeah, I was disappointed in that too. I would have thought they would have at least put 'Vegetable Man' and 'Scream Thy Last Scream' as bonus tracks for 'Piper'.

Basically Pink Floyd are conspiring with EMI to rip off their fans. Not much in the way of genuine "new stuff" and the albums hardly need remastering, do they?

QUOTE (Tony R @ May 11 2011, 05:56 PM)
Basically Pink Floyd are conspiring with EMI to rip off their fans. Not much in the way of genuine "new stuff" and the albums hardly need remastering, do they?

I'm sure Guthrie has been able to find something worth hearing. Not to mention that the previous remasters were, to be blunt, shitty and half-ass attempts. With a band like Pink Floyd that's widely known to have released a lot of quality work, the remasters really were underwhelming.