Thor

hughes&kettner

I, too, saw it on IMAX/3D. I enjoyed it. So did my daughters (althought I think it was because Chris Hemsworth was shirtless for most of the movie!).

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 8 2011, 11:26 PM)
I, too, saw it on IMAX/3D. I enjoyed it. So did my daughters (althought I think it was because Chris Hemsworth was shirtless for most of the movie!).

yeah- there could have been some more of natalie portman with less clothing too!

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 10 2011, 09:39 PM)
I loved Thor. Just a fun superhero movie, and honestly, I think I enjoyed it more than any other Marvel movie so far.

Cool. That sounds promising. I'm going into it thinking that it's the hardest superhero character to pull off (of those that have been made) on film.

It doesn't show out here until July.

I'm sceptic so far as to how good this movie can be. Since so far the reviews are positive, I'll go check it out after exams.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ May 9 2011, 12:26 PM)

yeah- there could have been some more of natalie portman with less clothing too!

You mean stick woman? lol Seriously though Chris Hemsworth is hawt.

Just saw it and I really enjoyed the movie. I did not come out in awe and amazed at how fantastic it was, it was just fun. Light on the luvy-duvy, I do not recall a single curse-word which is truly refreshing in this type of movie. Was a gun ever fired? No, but there was plenty of hammer and sword action, No gore. It is a movie that I would not hesitate to take a ten year old to.

Just got back from seeing it. My 70-year old mother, my 14-year old nephew, and I all thought it was great. If it can please all three of us, then it must be pretty good!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My only real criticism of the film is that the scene where Thor achieves true humility and remorse could have been better. It felt a little flat to me.

I was very pleased by Chris Hemsworth's work - very good. The supporting actors were very good as well. Natalie Portman was excellent as always. Her character, Jane Foster, could have been given more depth, but it didn't hurt the film. Portman's devastating smile and natural charisma really made the budding love affair between Foster and Thor quite believable. Asgard was nothing short of magnificent, and the special effects/scenery were awesome.

I will be buying this one. Thor is a keeper!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

My wife and I saw it yesterday and we were both impressed. A very good movie!

QUOTE (-Jane- @ May 10 2011, 11:34 AM)

thin can mean hot...as it does in her case for sure.

she has always had a fantastich body...lsot some weight for that ballet flick, so what!?!? that's her job.

she's hot . < that's a period... cat.gif

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ May 16 2011, 11:41 AM)

she has always had a fantastich body...lsot some weight for that ballet flick, so what!?!? that's her job.

I agree. She is oozing with natural beauty.

Saw this with my daughter on Saturday and we both enjoyed it.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ May 16 2011, 10:41 AM)

Natalie Portman is chubby compared to other actresses out there.

Keira Knightly, Kate Bosworth, and especially Saffron Burrows....to name a few. Can they even do five push-ups? They're walking skeletons.....especially Burrows. If she doesn't exemplify anorexia, I don't know who does.... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

You guys can have Natalie Portman, the lady who plays Sif is much prettier.