Sending items to UK venues for signing

Was wondering what the procedure was for sending items to hopefully get signed at UK venues - specifically Manchester, Birmingham & London

Anyone have any success on the S&A tour, if so whats the best way of going about it?

Also, on a side note, after the gigs have ended do Alex / Geddy ever come out of the dressing room or backstage to sign stuff anymore? I've heard stories of people hanging around after the show near exits and getting a quick photo / signature.

Thanks trink39.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 6 2011, 08:14 AM)
I you get out early and hang around you can catch Neil, as he runs to his bike trailer.

I'm hoping to get him with my slingshot smile.gif

The word is catapult, slingshot is the American slang word for it. You're not going all American on us all of a sudden are you mate??

wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ May 7 2011, 09:14 AM)
I you get out early and hang around you can catch Neil, as he runs to his bike trailer.

The word is catapult, slingshot is the American slang word for it. You're not going all American on us all of a sudden are you mate??

wink.gif

CT is SO American.

The whole bellicose Englander thing is all a front. I hear she/he has a tattoo of the Statue of Liberty "down there" and sings The Star Spangled Banner in the bath.

wink.gif

Sir, have you not read the bible?

Did not David kill Goliath with a slingshot?

http://www.westfortbaptist.org/children/super-heroes/david-slingshot1.jpg

I cannot be held responsible for the Merkins misappropriating a perfectly good word in bad faith, like they have done with some tasty teatime comestibles.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 7 2011, 04:22 AM)

wink.gif

CT is SO American.

The whole bellicose Englander thing is all a front. I hear she/he has a tattoo of the Statue of Liberty "down there" and sings The Star Spangled Banner in the bath.

Aye a total sell-out!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ May 8 2011, 08:26 AM)
yeh, bit beyond the point of topic.

Still looking for an answer / help on how to send something to a UK venue with the intention of getting it signed - any help?

Good luck with that on here!! laugh.gif

I highly recommend you call the venues and ask them. Ask them "If I send something to the venue adressed to Rush such as a ___________, will you forward it to the band? If I include a self adressed, postage paid return enveloppe, will you send it back?"

I did this for the Bell Centre here in Montreal and the people who I spoke to thought it was a great question and were more than courteous while helping me.

Edited by usb_connector

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ May 7 2011, 07:26 PM)

Still looking for an answer / help on how to send something to a UK venue with the intention of getting it signed - any help?

Raight then mi owd duck, If tha really wants summat signing, then a mate o'mine'll sign it foh thi, he's raight good at forgin' them Rush sigs, and 'e'll charge thi nowt forrit.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ May 7 2011, 10:03 PM)
I highly recommend you call the venues and ask them. Ask them "If I send something to the venue adressed to Rush such as a ___________, will you forward it to the band? If I include a self adressed, postage paid return enveloppe, will you send it back?"

I did this for the Bell Centre here in Montreal and the people who I spoke to thought it was a great question and were more than courteous while helping me.

Thanks for that, I'll give the venues a call and see what their policy on it is.

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ May 8 2011, 08:12 AM)

Thanks for that, I'll give the venues a call and see what their policy on it is.

Good idea - let us know how you get on. I'm thinking of sending an item to be signed myself.

QUOTE (The Main Monkey Business @ May 8 2011, 08:12 AM)

Good idea - let us know how you get on. I'm thinking of sending an item to be signed myself.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 7 2011, 10:51 PM)

Raight then mi owd duck, If tha really wants summat signing, then a mate o'mine'll sign it foh thi, he's raight good at forgin' them Rush sigs, and 'e'll charge thi nowt forrit.

At from Stowk owd lad , eet sinds lark it te may . At gewin dine Brum on't 22nd fer say th'lads ? .... Arm fotowin em , so give us a nudge an see owrate if thay sayst me..

QUOTE (Wartypig @ May 9 2011, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 7 2011, 10:51 PM)

At from Stowk owd lad , eet sinds lark it te may . At gewin dine Brum on't 22nd fer say th'lads ? .... Arm fotowin em , so give us a nudge an see owrate if thay sayst me..

Spire Taarrn actchuallee. Ah'm guin to Shiffield - dee dah land - to see 'em.

Just dropped my 2112 album cover off at the Glasgow SECC with a SAE. The girl was cool and said she'd hand it over as there was other mail for the band.

I did this on the S&A's tour when I handed in my copy of Roadshow & I got it back signed by Neil.

Fingers crossed new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif