Absolutely beautiful music

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Feb 16 2012, 12:46 AM)
QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Feb 16 2012, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Jun 22 2011, 04:43 AM)
Time Table, Genesis.

yes.gif

Haha, makes me cry all the time. That song is so goddamn underrated.

That and Seven Stones on Nursery Cryme. Awesome songs. yes.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy Horses - Jethro Tull

Every time I hear that song I just picture the proud horses, doing their days work only to be replaced by the tractor. It always brings a tear to my eye. And Jethro Tull plays it absolutely beautifully.

QUOTE (BigBob @ Feb 17 2012, 12:41 PM)

Every time I hear that song I just picture the proud horses, doing their days work only to be replaced by the tractor. It always brings a tear to my eye. And Jethro Tull plays it absolutely beautifully.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (tjtull @ Feb 17 2012, 02:31 PM)

goodpost.gif

I fricking adore this song an endless amount. It is something else entirely. I swear it conjures some of the most beautiful yet sad imagery. And yes, time table is INSANELY underrated I think. It is so calm, beautiful, surreal, poignant, and simple. Foxtrot would be incomplete without it.

goodpost.gif Its one of my favorites. The whole Heavy Horses album is fantastic. Just put it on now. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Feb 17 2012, 04:24 PM)

goodpost.gif

I fricking adore this song an endless amount. It is something else entirely. I swear it conjures some of the most beautiful yet sad imagery. And yes, time table is INSANELY underrated I think. It is so calm, beautiful, surreal, poignant, and simple. Foxtrot would be incomplete without it.

unsure.gif

"Heavy Horses" on "Foxtrot"?

I guess you quoted the wrong post?

QUOTE (Imaginos @ Feb 21 2012, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Feb 17 2012, 04:24 PM)

goodpost.gif

unsure.gif

"Heavy Horses" on "Foxtrot"?

I guess you quoted the wrong post?

The first sentence is about heavy horses, the second is about time table, in agreement to a post stating it was underrated tongue.gif

Another beautiful song...

Reconciliation by Pain of Salvation.

I think I made up my mind. The most beautiful song ever, has to be Thin Air by Anathema.

It's got the beauty of all your favorite depressing songs, but turns it upside down and makes it uplifting, and it only gets more and more powerful, and the lyrics are far beyond golden. Celestial music if there was such a thing. I wish this song lasted forever.

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Mar 28 2012, 01:32 AM)
I used to think I was the only person on the planet who realized Time Table is a brilliant, beautiful song. It has long been a favorite...

No my friend, it is one of the purest, most beautiful songs ever, just overshadowed by the rest of the amazing album.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 28 2012, 01:26 AM)
I think I made up my mind. The most beautiful song ever, has to be Thin Air by Anathema.

It's got the beauty of all your favorite depressing songs, but turns it upside down and makes it uplifting, and it only gets more and more powerful, and the lyrics are far beyond golden. Celestial music if there was such a thing. I wish this song lasted forever.

goodpost.gif The whole album is amazing and Thin Air is my second favorite song (after Summernight Horizon).

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Mar 28 2012, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Mar 28 2012, 01:32 AM)
I used to think I was the only person on the planet who realized Time Table is a brilliant, beautiful song. It has long been a favorite...

No my friend, it is one of the purest, most beautiful songs ever, just overshadowed by the rest of the amazing album.

Exactly right. I Love Foxtrot so much. There are so many great songs on that album, That Time Table doesn't get the respect it deserves.

How can you compete with songs like Watcher of the Skies and Supper's Ready, and another underrated Horizons.