Guilty Pleasure Music?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have many guilty pleasures, they are not "guilty pleasures" anymore. They're just your real taste in music.

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Amongst my Rush and Porcupine Tree and Pink Floyd, slightly hidden from view, you would find several discs of.....

A Flock of Seagulls.

doh.gif

I need help....

sad.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 3 2011, 08:55 PM)
If you have many guilty pleasures, they are not "guilty pleasures" anymore. They're just your real taste in music.

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Amongst my Rush and Porcupine Tree and Pink Floyd, slightly hidden from view, you would find several discs of.....

A Flock of Seagulls.

doh.gif

I need help....

sad.gif

Yeah, I know. But you know what I mean. The kind of stuff that people just look at you and go "What?"

Lady Gaga would constitute as a guilty pleasure. Yeah I get a bunch of shit for it, but I couldn't care less.

I have a few. For one I love listening to video game music and soundtracks (meaning music made for the game, not rights bought from other artists). Another would be that I have some lonely island songs, I really enjoy a few of those songs because they're such perfectly executed pop parodies where the humor doesn't prevent it from having replay value.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 3 2011, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 3 2011, 09:55 PM)
A Flock of Seagulls.

doh.gif

I need help....

sad.gif

The first A Flock of Seagulls album is excellent. I'm not ashamed to say I LOVE IT!

I really like their first three albums.

I actually interviewed the bass player for our college newspaper way back in the stone ages.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 3 2011, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 3 2011, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 3 2011, 09:55 PM)
A Flock of Seagulls.

doh.gif

I need help....

sad.gif

The first A Flock of Seagulls album is excellent. I'm not ashamed to say I LOVE IT!

I really like their first three albums.

I actually interviewed the bass player for our college newspaper way back in the stone ages.

Listen has some good tunes on it. I really like "Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You)". It's good music.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ May 3 2011, 09:31 PM)
I have a few. For one I love listening to video game music and soundtracks (meaning music made for the game, not rights bought from other artists). Another would be that I have some lonely island songs, I really enjoy a few of those songs because they're such perfectly executed pop parodies where the humor doesn't prevent it from having replay value.

Plus one for the video game music; some of it is on par with some of the regular music I listen to ohmy.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ May 3 2011, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ May 3 2011, 08:10 PM)
Elton John
Duran Duran
Astroid Galaxy Tour

What's wrong with Elton John? unsure.gif

nothing lol I enjoy his music just fine

Wasn't there a thread like this? laugh.gif

I have many pleasures but none of them guilty.

I stand by Lady Gaga and Frank Sinatra.

Actually, I think I might get a little bit closer to Sinatra.. ;D

(No, I kid, I kid. R.I.P. :C

I don't care if he's the most cliched jazz singer in the history of the multiverse! I love his voice and, dammit, he makes me swooon!)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 4 2011, 12:55 AM)
Wasn't there a thread like this? laugh.gif
I have many pleasures but none of them guilty.
I stand by Lady Gaga and Frank Sinatra.
Actually, I think I might get a little bit closer to Sinatra.. ;D
(No, I kid, I kid. R.I.P. :C
I don't care if he's the most cliched jazz singer in the history of the multiverse! I love his voice and, dammit, he makes me swooon!)

Oh God, Frank Sinatra! I still need to rip a few CDs of his! Hey, wouldn't mind going dancing with me sometime would you? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ May 3 2011, 09:59 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ May 3 2011, 09:31 PM)

Plus one for the video game music; some of it is on par with some of the regular music I listen to ohmy.gif

Video game soundtracks are awesome, especially the older ones. Megaman 2's soundtrack is so awesome, a band called The Megas covered all the music in the game.

QUOTE (Agent By-Tor @ May 3 2011, 08:48 PM)
Alright, so, what do you listen to thats so drastically different from your norm?

This is one of my MANY guilty pleasure bits of "Music"
It's called K-pop!

Well?

like thew whole back half of this show

4-29-11 MY SHOW pt 1

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/16259_181793728742_170691943742_2930478_2374039_n.jpg

I don't feel guilty about anything I listen to. I do like Weird Al Yankovic and Huey Lewis & The News so I guess some would classify them as "guilty pleasures".

If it sounds good to your ears screw what anyone else thinks.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 4 2011, 10:57 AM)
I don't feel guilty about anything I listen to. I do like Weird Al Yankovic and Huey Lewis & The News so I guess some would classify them as "guilty pleasures".

If it sounds good to your ears screw what anyone else thinks.

Well, to be fair, on Huey's (and Phil Collins') part, Patrick Bateman has made it safe for those like me to be proud Huey fans.