A Member Of Rush?

drbirdsong

None of them - unless Alex and Geddy aren't Neil's friends.

Genuine NEP quote:

no REAL friend of mine would ever consider joining a Rush site or associate himself with Rush fans.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 3 2011, 05:23 AM)

Genuine NEP quote:

no REAL friend of mine would ever consider joining a Rush site or associate himself with Rush fans.

When did your daddy say that?

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ May 2 2011, 08:26 PM)
confused13.gif What member of TRF is actually a member of Rush? confused13.gif

Like they would really subscribe and read posts. laugh.gif

Fun to think, but extremely doubtful.

QUOTE (Gompers @ May 3 2011, 07:55 AM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ May 2 2011, 08:26 PM)
confused13.gif  What member of TRF is actually a member of Rush?  confused13.gif

Like they would really subscribe and read posts. laugh.gif

Fun to think, but extremely doubtful.

I agree. I doubt that they have much interest in joining the boards. Maybe they have been to the site, but who knows really?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 2 2011, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 2 2011, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ May 2 2011, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 2 2011, 08:34 PM)
Im absolutely certain that Neil's "security department" drops in here and at Counterparts, for quite obvious reasons. smile.gif

Michael Mosbach is a member of both boards. He's Praetorian (I think) over on Counterparts; his handle here is On The Road.

IIRC, On The Road is not Michael, but some other high-ranking member of his security crew.

Who is evidently better looking smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Oh really? biggrin.gif Better looking? 'Cause Mosbach ain't hard to look at.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 3 2011, 12:05 PM)

Genuine NEP quote:

Can you not read?

It says, and I quote "Genuine NEP quote"

This is the truth.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 3 2011, 08:13 AM)

Genuine NEP quote:

Can you not read?

This is the truth.

Yes, I can read.

I am claiming that you are Neil's bastard child!

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 3 2011, 09:13 AM)

Genuine NEP quote:

Can you not read?

This is the truth.

laugh.gif

Oh, "genuine"! Well then...this is certainly truth, no doubt. schla03.gif

Genuine NEP quote:

Can you not read?

This is the truth.

IF that's the truth, when and where did he say that? Source, please. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 3 2011, 12:51 PM)

Genuine NEP quote:

Can you not read?

This is the truth.

IF that's the truth, when and where did he say that? Source, please. biggrin.gif

Yep, source please.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 3 2011, 11:52 AM)

Genuine NEP quote:

Can you not read?

This is the truth.

Yep, source please.

Why do you people even bother asking him for a source? laugh.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 3 2011, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ May 3 2011, 11:52 AM)

Genuine NEP quote:

Can you not read?

This is the truth.

Yep, source please.

Why do you people even bother asking him for a source? laugh.gif

Because, why should he have all the fun?

QUOTE (sanzo @ May 3 2011, 11:59 AM)
Its all in a thread here

sorry for the hijack cosy toes

http://www.t-n-m-s.com/index.php?topic=31055.0

That is something that someone posted in a forum. There is no way to confirm if it is true. Even if it was true, I wouldn't blame Neil at all for replying like that when someone is contacting him to ask him such a stupid question.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ May 3 2011, 01:09 PM)
Its all in a thread here

That is something that someone posted in a forum. There is no way to confirm if it is true. Even if it was true, I wouldn't blame Neil at all for replying like that when someone is contacting him to ask him such a stupid question.

Color me unconvinced.

It appears the tale-teller was, at one time, friends with Neil, or at least got on well with him in a professional sense. No longer the case, it would seem. He swears it's not "sour grapes", but yeah. . .

Edit: If Neil DID say that, it does make sense in a way, the more I think about it. I can certainly see why he wouldn't want his friends divulging information on fan boards. His friends are his friends because of common interests, not because he's The Famous Drummer For Rush. I'm sure some of them ARE fans, but that's not why he hangs out with them.

So he doesn't want to get all warm and fuzzy with people whose primary, or only connection with him is Rush. I get that.

Edited by Mara

I don't see the big deal if they are on here or not other than to read the 11 million set list suggestion threads.

I understand it would be exciting and there is the potential of actual contact aside from being in the crowd of a show or a back stage 2 second meet-n-greet. But to me, none of them seem like they would be interested in this kind of stuff and they seem like they have way more going on in their lives to spend any time on here...Besides no one likes to read or hear bad things being said about them and there is no shortage of that here.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 3 2011, 05:34 PM)
Its all in a thread here

Color me unconvinced.

It appears the tale-teller was, at one time, friends with Neil, or at least got on well with him in a professional sense. No longer the case, it would seem. He swears it's not "sour grapes", but yeah. . .

Edit: If Neil DID say that, it does make sense in a way, the more I think about it. I can certainly see why he wouldn't want his friends divulging information on fan boards. His friends are his friends because of common interests, not because he's The Famous Drummer For Rush. I'm sure some of them ARE fans, but that's not why he hangs out with them.

So he doesn't want to get all warm and fuzzy with people whose primary, or only connection with him is Rush. I get that.

Why do you people - people who Neil want's nothing to do with - keep defending him?

Neil wrote about somebody he knows in one of his books, said person returns the favour. Neil get's blog on. Well tough shit Neil Pert.

NEP wants his cake and eats it, then wants to eat somebody else's cake too.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 4 2011, 06:33 PM)
Its all in a thread here

Color me unconvinced.

Why do you people - people who Neil want's nothing to do with - keep defending him?

Neil wrote about somebody he knows in one of his books, said person returns the favour. Neil get's blog on. Well tough shit Neil Pert.

Why does everybody have to be a bitter Neil hater like you, Nick? Why can't the MAJORITY of Rush fans just continue to recognize him for what he is -- a drummer and lyricist in a rock band who doesn't make public appearances? Simple, ain't it? Wanting more than that from him makes you haters look like whiny little bitches. "WAAAAA, Neil won't sign my boxer shorts! Stumpy Joe Blow from That Other Band did!"

And yeah, I realize you're in character and you exaggerate a lot of this hater stuff just for effect (ummmm, right? unsure.gif), but you and others here ARE too preoccupied with Neil's private life. Get a grip!

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 5 2011, 07:33 AM)
Its all in a thread here

Color me unconvinced.

It's so obvious that you're sportin' a massive woody for the professsor. And, frankly, most people on TRF do not defend Peart. Most don't respond OR they react to you by saying, "WTF are you on about?" or the like