In defense of Dog Years

IChoseFreeWill

I wouldn't exactly say I *love* it, but I do like it and I rarely skip it when it comes on. I do enjoy Geddy's vocal melodies during the verses (though the chorus is another story tongue.gif).

Another Dog Years thread???

I have been posting on this board too long. facepalm.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Apr 30 2011, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 30 2011, 01:37 PM)
Another Dog Years thread???
I have been posting on this board too long. facepalm.gif

How many dog years would you say that you have been posting? tongue.gif

40? atickhum.gif music.gif banghead.gif signs015.gif AlexFinal.gif bd.gif old.gif

One of the few songs I really like from T4E. Never understood why so many on here dont like it. The first line is classic : In a dogs life, a year is really more like seven. And all too soon, a canine will be chasing cars in doggie heaven". Hilarious.

This album would be fantastic if they followed my idea of the 40 minute (give or take) album length.

Test For Echo

Driven

Half The World

Time and Motion

Totem

Resist

Limbo

Carve Away The Stone

If they could find a way to use that riff from Virtuality...maybe somewhere in Limbo?

That would be the way I would like this album

the first time I heard it i didnt know what to think. its not a great song, but its not terrible either.

Not the greatest song on T4E - there are many that are so much better. But I like the song a lot. What turned me around to it was Neil's A Work In Progress drum video. He spends time on each T4E song, and the portion on Dog Years was great. It totally made me enjoy the song more.

The funny part is, in the middle of all those silly lyrics is probably one of his greatest written lines, "I'd rather be a tortoise from Galapagos, or a span of geological time." Awesome line.

QUOTE (Pags @ May 1 2011, 09:08 AM)

The funny part is, in the middle of all those silly lyrics is probably one of his greatest written lines, "I'd rather be a tortoise from Galapagos, or a span of geological time."  Awesome line.

I always liked the "tortoise from Galapagos" part of that line, but the "a span of geological time" just goes too far for me. I suppose it does fit or support the lyrical theme, but I always felt that I just couldn't relate to "a span of geological time" on any level. Just can't get past the HUH?? factor of that line. But it's a really good tune that I have enjoyed since the first time I heard it, and I appreciate what Neil was going for with the lyrics and find them pretty humorous and clever. And the music is great, of course. It rocks. Like.. a span of geological time. biggrin.gif

trink38.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ May 1 2011, 11:28 AM)
I actually love the span of geological time part.  Imagine living that long? 

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/ELROND-1.jpg

"Yes.. yes I can."

tongue.gif

A much better option than living like in dog years.  I love that comparison.  It's brilliant.  Especially to us aging folks.  laugh.gif

That's cool. You're the first person I've talked to about getting that line. But that could be a mightly long time, a span of geological time. unsure.gif

NeilFinal.gif