OLV > Far Cry

SeamusWiles

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 29 2011, 07:03 PM)
One Little Victory is such a superior song it isn't even fair. It's like comparing Moving Pictures and Presto.

I would agree with you, if not for the fact that you're 150% wrong (because 100% isn't enough to cover it).

Far Cry is so much better, it's not even funny. no.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Apr 29 2011, 10:21 PM)
He's wrong in both aspects.. Moving Pictures better than Presto?

laugh.gif

unsure.gif I think he's saying "One Little Victory" is to "Far Cry" like Moving Pictures is to Presto. trink38.gif

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 29 2011, 07:56 PM)
most of S&A is a "far cry" from the great music Rush used to make. Although Caravan & BU2B seem to be a step in the right direction.

Again, I totally disagree. At least half of S&A is the best music they've made in many years, and Caravan and BU2B are a step in the wrong direction. Not a huge step backwards, like in terms of the quality of VT, but a step down nonetheless.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 29 2011, 09:51 PM)
La Villa Strangiato > OLV/FC

I'm sorry, but, uh,

DUUUUUH. xD

La Villa was a masterpiece created during a time when Rush was pushing themselves in that hardcore music writing period of their collective career. It's really not a fair comparison.

But I think we all get what you mean. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 29 2011, 09:59 PM)
QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 29 2011, 07:56 PM)
most of S&A is a "far cry" from the great music Rush used to make. Although Caravan & BU2B seem to be a step in the right direction.

Again, I totally disagree. At least half of S&A is the best music they've made in many years, and Caravan and BU2B are a step in the wrong direction. Not a huge step backwards, like in terms of the quality of VT, but a step down nonetheless.

+1

I really like S&A and feel it's some of their best music in many years. I'll take Far Cry over OLV anyway. The two new songs are good but I like most of S&A better.

By what basis are these songs being compared? Are you trying to insist that OLV is underrated and Far Cry is overrated? Seems like a random comparison.

EDIT: Far Cry is better tongue.gif

Edited by Scars

QUOTE (Scars @ Apr 30 2011, 12:19 AM)
By what basis are these songs being compared? Are you trying to insist that OLV is underrated and Far Cry is overrated? Seems like a random comparison.

EDIT: Far Cry is better tongue.gif

I think Far Cry is HIGHLY overrated, but that's just my opinion. It ranks up there with Dog Years for me. I remember before S&A came out and they teased us with that "Hemispheres chord" in the opening, I was all excited... but then the actual song came out and I was underwhelmed.

It isn't that random, they're both album openers for the two most recent albums.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 29 2011, 08:24 PM)
unsure.gif I think he's saying "One Little Victory" is to "Far Cry" like Moving Pictures is to Presto. trink38.gif

That was the point. In A Tidewater Surge was making a joke about Presto being better than Moving Pictures.

...I actually prefer Presto to Moving Pictures, though.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 29 2011, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Apr 29 2011, 10:21 PM)
He's wrong in both aspects.. Moving Pictures better than Presto?

laugh.gif

What is this, an SAT? wink.gif

Sorry but I like them both. tongue.gif

La Villa Strangiato > OLV/FC
new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif yes.gif
Edited by HowItIs

Far Cry over One Little Victory. And La Villa Strangiato over both. Lmao

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 29 2011, 07:03 PM)
One Little Victory is such a superior song it isn't even fair. It's like comparing Moving Pictures and Presto.

Not exactly getting the response you expected, are you? tongue.gif

I'll give you this though - Moving Pictures DOES blow away Presto - not even close there...