What was your first concert EVER?

QUOTE (Huck @ May 5 2005, 03:31 AM)
Sammy Hagar....Manchester Apollo 1981 (I think)

NOw there is a blast from the past -I used to love ( not in that way) Sammy Hagar - Bad Motor Scooter common001.gif

I'll give you four answers to this:

First ever gig: Witchfynde and Savage at Mansfield Civic Theatre, 1979

(should have been Limelight and Witchfynde but LL dropped out)

First 'Major' gig: Gary Numan and Shock at Wembley Arena, 1980

First 'Major Rock' gig: Thin Lizzy and Sweet Savage at Sheffield City Hall, 1981 (Renegade tour - saw Rush at Wembley a month later)

First gig as musician: Bastille at the Town Mill, Mansfield, December 13 1991

QUOTE (D-13 @ May 4 2005, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ May 4 2005, 04:38 PM)
Rush -- Presto tour -- February 1990  biggrin.gif

Lucky!!! that must of been really cool to see biggrin.gif

well..i didnt actually SEE it..

my mom was 7 months pregnant with me, but i still like to count it!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

i bet ACDC wasn't too bad either, eh? wink.gif

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ May 5 2005, 10:03 AM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ May 4 2005, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ May 4 2005, 04:38 PM)
Rush -- Presto tour -- February 1990  biggrin.gif

Lucky!!! that must of been really cool to see biggrin.gif

well..i didnt actually SEE it..

my mom was 7 months pregnant with me, but i still like to count it!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

i bet ACDC wasn't too bad either, eh? wink.gif

cool! biggrin.gif

I was sooo close to Angus I got his sweat on me!!! LOL biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ May 5 2005, 05:03 PM)
cool! biggrin.gif
I was sooo close to Angus I got his sweat on me!!! LOL biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

DUUUUUUUDE!! that's so freakin awesome!! 1287.gif

LOL, thats pretty cool, suprised she didnt have you right there. But what was your REAL first concert?

the summer after i got into Rush..which was years after they'd last been on tour..& my dad didn't believe me when i told him..RUSH -- Vapor Trails tour -- July 4th, 2002!! SOOOO much fun!! biggrin.gif 2.gif

Joan Jett with Warrant, Orlando Navy Base, summer 1989. Somehow they were able to get them to play a little concert on the base for us.

My sister was the real concert hound. She got to see David Lee Roth in early 1988, with her friend. And she was only 15! She said there were even a few guys in the row in front of her, passing a pipe around cool10.gif The one she really wanted to see was Bon Jovi, and Dad was going to let her go, but tickets were sold out.

QUOTE (anagramking @ May 6 2005, 10:38 AM)
My first concert was Van Halen in 1984. It was also the loudest one I've ever been to, still.

I went to than concert, too. It was very loud.

1984, the last tour with David Lee Roth.

Scorpions, Quiet Riot, Helix, and Kick Axe. 1022.gif

It was the 'Love at First Sting' and 'Metal Health' tour for Scorpions and Quiet Riot. I have no idea what Helix and Kick Axe were promoting, but I remember they had two songs that would fit in the "One Hit Wonder" thread: Heavy Metal Love, and On the Road to Rock. 653.gif

It rocked.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/bastillenight/GIFS/banana08.gif

Yeah, I was (and will always be) a metalhead

Styx and April Wine in 1979 on the Cornerstone tour. It's still one if the best shows I've seen and not just because it was my first but back then Styx was awesome and pretty much in their leak, and April Wine was one of the best backup bands I've ever seen. Loved it, couldnt ask for a better first concert really.

The opening

Act a very offspringish band known as North Of Grand. There music at this point is very punky but with time it could be amazing. I mean one of their songs is about finding a dream girl who is a republican.

The Headliner

A band that sounds like all those eighties hair bands, I didnt really like this act. But it was okay. They are known as skin KAnday

QUOTE (JakeofThePlace @ May 6 2005, 11:39 PM)
one of their songs is about finding a dream girl who is a republican.

Damn, that could be hard to do.

QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ May 6 2005, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ May 6 2005, 10:38 AM)
My first concert was Van Halen in 1984.  It was also the loudest one I've ever been to, still.

I went to than concert, too. It was very loud.

1984, the last tour with David Lee Roth.

I saw them that tour in Dallas... They were loud. you couldn't hear Dave for sh#@...but the music was awesome. However, for me anyway, a few years later, AC/DC at Reunion Arena in Dallas was louder..the loudest to date for me...though when I took my daughter to see Limp Bizkit a few years back, they were pretty loud.

I'm sorry. I did not answer the question. My first concert was when a friend drug me to see a band called RUSH in 1978 at Tarrant County Convention Center in Fort Worth, Texas. Been a fan ever since...

2.gif

QUOTE (Phoenix @ May 5 2005, 01:43 AM)
My first show was in Dezember 1990, as I went with a friend to a German comedy Band called "Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung" or "EAV" in short.
They are all good musicans and their lyrics are funny in the first place but when you listen and think about you will find out that the lyrics have a deep meaning. And that is not easy to realize I love the band till today.

The Scorpions were the next band I saw.
In their hometown!!! 1991

*woohoo* Scorpions rock! http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/soph.jpg

1985? World Wide Live! (that's my sophmore pic in high school...ahem, 20 yrs ago laugh.gif )

but my first concert was Judas Priest, Defenders of the Faith 1984

My first concert was Iron Maiden in 1984 on the World Slavery Tour...Twisted Sister opened....They were ok but Maiden RAWKED!!! cool.gif 1287.gif When they played "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" I was blown away!!! Spectacular!!!

Still the loudest show I've been to.... cool10.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (esmeralda @ May 8 2005, 02:31 PM)
That was a long time ago, Aardschok Festival I think it was 1979, with Saxon, Accept, Raven (good memories about this band) and some more.

A mighty Hail to you for seeing Accept in these days new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I will see them again this year in Wacken. 26 years later. Woohoooo

My first concert EVER was 2.gif

Presto at the Palace of Auburn Hills

(outside Detroit for those who don't know)

and am proud to say I've been to one or two shows every 2.gif tour since.

I've seen Ozzy, Tom Petty, Kiss and Collective Soul too.

Don't go to many shows cause they're so expensive but wouldn't miss any 2.gif concerts no matter what the cost!

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

*edited for stupid typo* doh.gif

Edited by sundog