What was your first concert EVER?

Mine was Ted Nugent in 1978 open for terrible Ted was a little know band called AC/DC and another Cheap Trick!

What a memory that still is. Watching Ted swing out from high above the amps and scream and jam! That was cool!!! cool.gif

R.E.M

November 11th last year

Jethro Tull

Baltimore, MD

08/31/01

Was sitting in the last row tongue.gif, but hey I was there. It was a great show, outdoor small theatre at one of the piers, and where I was sitting I had a great view of the Baltimore harbor to the left. Then it started storming, deep thunderstorm with lightning jumping off the clouds and hail at one point. Luckily though, where I was sitting, the tent part of the place covered me and a couple seats to either side, everyone else though was soaked.

Edited by Moonraker

CHEAP TRICK.

I was in jr. high, and my older cousin took me to see them! I thought they were the coolest band!

Then, a little while later I discovered 2.gif and my world has not been the same since! tongue.gif

Billy Squier with Def Leppard opening at the Garden

i think it was 1982 or 83 confused13.gif We even hung out on the sound board lil stage thingy for a lil bit smile.gif

AND even had backstage pass but only met Billy Squier & his keyboardist & guitar player

I was hopin to meet ANY Def Leppard member cuz i was SOOOOOO into them.But no luck sad.gif

Billy Squier was a Snot the other 2 guys were kewl tho

KISS Dec 7, 1977 at 'The CheckerDome' in St. Louis. My father took me... laugh.gif I remember him saying, "The building is shaking". And "do you know what that is" (watching the row in front of us pass a pipe along). Great show, made me a musician!!! Edited by launchpad67a
  • Like 1

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ May 4 2005, 11:01 PM)
The Who- Pontiac Silverdome 78-79

GOOD GOD! How f'ing awesome that must have been!

My first concert was 38 Special and Jefferson Starship in 102 B.C.

wink.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 4 2005, 11:58 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ May 4 2005, 11:01 PM)
The Who- Pontiac Silverdome 78-79

GOOD GOD! How f'ing awesome that must have been!

My first concert was 38 Special and Jefferson Starship in 102 B.C.

wink.gif

Yeah i was 14or 15 yrs old and a buddy and i from highschool hopped on a bus full of hippies and headed for the border. When we got to the border they thought we were runaways and held the bus up for about 30 minutes but we showed our ID and tickets and off we went. Once we got to the Silverdome we got booted from our seats by a couple of burly bikers and had to sit in the stairway.The bikers were pretty cool though,all they did was roll joints for the entire show and the rest was one gigantic blur. cool10.gif

Gary Wright ("Oooh-ooh, Dream Weaver") in 19 <cough cough> seventy-something.

I was 14 and my mother hadn't ACTUALLY given us permission to go, (oops!), and certainly NOT with the town wild-man-crazy-driver-with-gravel-spitting-on-country-backroads-old-enough-to-buy-beer-and-corrupt-impressionable-minors Doug M. Needless to say, there was a certain amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth when we returned.

Gary Wright was ok, but I did MUCH better in my next outing, as I saw that Canadian trio on their "Semi-spheres" tour. 653.gif

Sammy Hagar....Manchester Apollo 1981 (I think)

My first show was in Dezember 1990, as I went with a friend to a German comedy Band called "Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung" or "EAV" in short.

They are all good musicans and their lyrics are funny in the first place but when you listen and think about you will find out that the lyrics have a deep meaning. And that is not easy to realize I love the band till today.

The Scorpions were the next band I saw.

In their hometown!!! 1991