BOYCOTT "ROLLING STONE" MAGAZINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g under p

http://erikandanna.com/Rush/hof.gif

I'm sure this has been posted before but I just came across it today...

In other Rush news, while plugging his book on a N.Y.C. talk show last Thursday, David Wild, an editor for Rolling Stone magazine and one of the individuals who casts votes to induct artists into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, said that as far as the induction of Rush was concerned "it ain't ever gonna happen. Regardless of their success, Rush has never achieved critical acclaim and no one will ever vote for them." He also said "with the exception of 'Tom Sawyer', most of it gives me a headache." He later added that technical proficiency is not considered a valid reason to induct an artist and that "Rush really hasn't done anything unique." Join the call to arms - Boycott Rolling Stone.

Let them know know how you feel at letters@rollingstone.com  (212)-484-1600 (212)-484-1662

http://erikandanna.com/Rush/hall_of_fame.htm

As for me I hope they never get nominated much less get inducted....they don't need TRRHOF.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE ("David Wild")
"it ain't ever gonna happen. Regardless of their success, Rush has never achieved critical acclaim and no one will ever vote for them." He also said "with the exception of 'Tom Sawyer', most of it gives me a headache." He later added that technical proficiency is not considered a valid reason to induct an artist and that "Rush really hasn't done anything unique."

Whoa. What an ass! I don't care much one way or the other about the Rock'n'Roll Hall Of Fame, but that is a genuinely annoying and ignorant thing for someone in this guy's position to say about any artist that has stood the test of time, much less about Rush. Someone who would say that belongs on the Internet trolling message boards, not in a position to be regarded, however incorrectly, as an "authority."

Bloody hell, am I glad I didn't pursue my naive adolescent ambition to be a music writer.

Check out this stupid Rush bio from Rolling Stone...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/artists/rush/biography

It calls Geddy's vocals "freakishly high pitched" Have they bothered to listen to Rush since Permanent Waves? facepalm.gif

Edited by tick

Rolling stone blows. they give every R.E.M. record 5 stars regardless how bad it is.. One time this guy was on a local radio station who was a young intern for rolling stone saying that Sammy Hagar is the worst thing to ever happen to music, then he goes into how great a voice Britney spears has.. go figure..

It's no secret that Rolling Stone is nothing more than a music business circle jerk. That seems to really do it for a lot of folks and they're welcome to it. Edited by ioc

I am no more surprised to see high praise for Rush missing from Rolling Stone magazine than from Poser Magazine. "What! Poser Magazine doesn't love them. Well, that sucks." Edited by ioc

Rolling Stone is the joke of all news stands. Read a few articles in it but never bothered to actually buy the magazine/read the website. I don't see a point in getting our panties all in a knot over someone's seemingly bad opinion on Rush. Who cares if they get into the RRHOF? Not like it'll matter anyway. Would it be nice? Yeah, definitely. Will it happen? More than likely not. And as I've said, is it really going to matter in the long run? Will it make their careers better? Will it bring them any new recognition that they haven't already had to some degree? The answer to all these questions, and any others related to them, is a big resounding "No".

We all know the RRHOF is a big sham in a lot of respects anyways. A lot of great artists aren't in that should be. It's just a big building with a bunch of old and mostly overrated artists who probably could give less of a shit about being in there. But through this, it's a good reminder of the history of music itself, not just rock. And since the HOF itself has only just broken the progressive rock barrier it had for many years with the induction of Genesis, it's going to be YEARS to see any more prog rock acts in. Regardless, it doesn't matter if Rush gets in or not. We can still enjoy everything they've given us.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Apr 25 2011, 12:54 AM)
Rolling Stone is the joke of all news stands. Read a few articles in it but never bothered to actually buy the magazine/read the website. I don't see a point in getting our panties all in a knot over someone's seemingly bad opinion on Rush. Who cares if they get into the RRHOF? Not like it'll matter anyway. Would it be nice? Yeah, definitely. Will it happen? More than likely not. And as I've said, is it really going to matter in the long run? Will it make their careers better? Will it bring them any new recognition that they haven't already had to some degree? The answer to all these questions, and any others related to them, is a big resounding "No".

We all know the RRHOF is a big sham in a lot of respects anyways. A lot of great artists aren't in that should be. It's just a big building with a bunch of old and mostly overrated artists who probably could give less of a shit about being in there. But through this, it's a good reminder of the history of music itself, not just rock. And since the HOF itself has only just broken the progressive rock barrier it had for many years with the induction of Genesis, it's going to be YEARS to see any more prog rock acts in. Regardless, it doesn't matter if Rush gets in or not. We can still enjoy everything they've given us.

goodpost.gif

This guy is just being a big jerk. Rolling Stone has given props to 2.gif as of late, and others at the magazine like them. What I don't understand is why anyone in the business of music journalism would be so petty and childish toward/about any musician. This just gives the magazine a black eye, and shows us all that it is not a music magazine anymore. I feel for the real journalists who write for RS, and if I were one of them, I'd call for this douche to never write another word.

I caught part of a conversation on the radio this morning and they were talking of an article that said that the band ONLY has male fans and that female fans only go to shows if their boyfriends drag them. They also said the fact that Neil was adverse to his fans and refused to do meet and greets while Ged & Al did them gladly were reasons listed for them not getting inducted.

I'm going to contact the DJ to see if I can get a link to the article they were talking about. I realize they have many more male fans than female...and that is changing, but I have been a female fan since 1976 and I know a lot of women fans, so not all of us have to be dragged their by our boyfriends, eh.gif nor is that a reason not to induct them!

Two things I've known for most of my life to have very little in terms of credibility: Rolling Stone Magazine and RRHoF.

When I was 8 I could tell that these guys just did things to appeal to the masses and once I realized that POP artists were in RRHoF I understood what a "sellout" was.