The Division Bell - Pink Floyd

ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (Oracle @ Apr 26 2011, 07:24 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 25 2011, 12:13 PM)
Great sets of songs. Almost perfect except for Wearing the Inside Out which I just can't get into for some reason.

'Wearing The Inside Out' was one of Wright's best lyrics to me. There's a certain tone in his voice though that makes the track feel depressing, but in a good way. Kind of like, "This is probably the last time this will happen" sort of feeling.

Agreed. He always had a beautiful kind of sadness in his music. I'm glad he got that vocal on there anyway. Poor Rick sad.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Apr 25 2011, 05:18 PM)
Great sets of songs. Almost perfect except for Wearing the Inside Out which I just can't get into for some reason.

'Wearing The Inside Out' was one of Wright's best lyrics to me. There's a certain tone in his voice though that makes the track feel depressing, but in a good way. Kind of like, "This is probably the last time this will happen" sort of feeling.

Agreed. He always had a beautiful kind of sadness in his music. I'm glad he got that vocal on there anyway. Poor Rick sad.gif

I really wish he wrote and sang on more Floyd songs.

Does anyone have his 2 solo albums? I've been wanting to pick them up.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 26 2011, 10:41 AM)

I've always approached his solo work with much caution. I think I have a copy of his first but haven't listened to it for ages.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 25 2011, 05:41 PM)

I've been unlucky to not finding any. Just can't find any, even in the used bin. I might just resort to downloading it somewhere.

For a lot of reasons that I can't explain, I've always thought "Lost for Words" is a followup to "One of My Turns". I love both songs.

I love this album. I remember buying it the day it came out. I walked into J&R Music World on Park Row in Manhattan, and they were playing the album over the awesome sound system they had piped throughout the building. They were playing "Wearing the Inside Out", and I instantly fell in love with the song. I got the chills when I heard it as I walked in. It was NEW FLOYD!

It makes me sad that we probably won't have any more new Pink Floyd music.

Great songs on this album. I listen to it all the time. It was a happy time in my life. My son was born that year, and things were looking up for me. Brings me back to those days...

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 24 2011, 07:17 PM)
It has some decent tunes on it, although I prefer "Momentary Lapse of Reason" for sentimental reasons.

Same here. I was 7 when AMLOR came out and it was one of the 1st few albums I ever owned. I was heavily into Kick by INXS and Joshua Tree by U2 around the time. I actually re-purchased it on iTunes a couple of years ago to take me back since I lost the album and it was originally a cassette copy. I know a lot of PF fans hate this song, but I remember being mesmerized by the intense sax solo of that song when I was a kid.

Anyhoo, 6 listens into TDB and I'm really digging Poles Apart especially for the tempo change in the middle and Take It Back takes me back to my junior high days when MTV played it for about a couple of months. Nice to see them bring back sax player Dick Parry back for Wearing The Inside Out.

Edited by invisible airwave

Liked it when it came out and still do. High Hopes and What Do You Want From Me are my favs and the album is a true Floyd album to me. Bottom line as far as Dave and Rog are concerned though......the whole is always greater than the sum of the parts. It was even true of John and Paul.

I like both AMLOR nd DB, and saw both tours, but the tunes will never stand up as "Classic Floyd"

They feel more like Gilmour solo albums with members of Floyd playing, much like Final Cut feels like a Waters solo album with Floyd members playing...

(and don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Final Cut, but it's not Animals, Wish You Were Here, or Dark Side of the Moon)

Both are due for a spin soon...summer's coming!

653.gif