Being scammed at McDonalds!!!

Tick

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've found that one particular Burger King has a surplus of Canadian coins because I've often recieved Canadian change (usually quarters). A couple of times it got by me but the next time I was like "woah give me american money, that shit don't work here" and I haven't gotten any since.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 22 2011, 07:54 PM)
I've found that one particular Burger King has a surplus of Canadian coins because I've often recieved Canadian change (usually quarters). A couple of times it got by me but the next time I was like "woah give me american money, that shit don't work here" and I haven't gotten any since.

the canadian quarters i get stiffed with i use at the parking meters. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Apr 22 2011, 08:54 PM)

Vending machine typically perceive both as one and the same. You could always scam their cold metal hearts.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2011, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 22 2011, 11:28 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2011, 09:25 AM)
So a week later I go back and order the same thing and pay with a 5. Once again I receive $2.32 back instead of the $2.57 I should have.

1. You should have said something right then and there.

2. You should have said it POLITELY and with ZERO hositility.

3. The cashier's age and skin color are completely irrelevant.

4. If the cashier argues, then you go in and talk to the manager....POLITELY but firmly.

Hope this helps..... smile.gif

I'll handle my affairs as I see fit.

Hope your clear on that? smile.gif

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you wanted nothing but hugs and kisses as a reward for your hostile behavior at a McDonalds..... eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Apr 22 2011, 12:11 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 22 2011, 09:47 AM)
The fact that tick is out 75 cents isn't the point. 

The McDonald's employee has himself a little scam going, ripping off customers a few cents at a time. 

I predict a lucrative Wall Street future for this kid.  Or perhaps he'll get elected to Congress.  He already has the foundation for both.

goodpost.gif laugh.gif applaudit.gif

or, dare i say [dare! dare!] President! 1287.gif

dayam! if i had a quarter for every time i served someone! laugh.gif

cheeze whiz, what a delinquent!!! you may have saved him from a life of crime, tick. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 22 2011, 06:38 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2011, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 22 2011, 10:41 AM)
You're short 75 cents over the course of three weeks? Sorry tick, but that's almost as petty as the dude who wanted us to walk half an hour to see rush because he was too cheap to pay for a metro ride (which is 2.50$).

Are you an idiot? Seriously, do you think this is a bout 75 cents? Its a bout a thief is is ripping people off. I hope this happens to you so you can take it all in stride.

A thief is a scumbag, period.

You think its about 75 cents? facepalm.gif

Dude, I haven't run into someone who I've realised to be stealing my change. I always count it and when I come up short I just open the palm that I got my change in and tell them I'm mising X.xx$ in change. To be honest, I don't care about these kinds of petty theft becuse I don't believe it to be worth the time or the effort. There are much larger priorities in my life that I would much rather tend to.

If you feel being robbed of anything that is rightfully yours is acceptable then you are most surely a fool and not worthy of arguing with. atickhum.gif

He does it every single time, in case your not really paying attention.

Edited by tick

So, if this guy got 25 cents from 10 people in an hour, that's 2.50.

for a 4 hour shift, $10. 4 days a week is $40 bucks.

This guy could be stealing some serious cash, and ruining the business of the owner.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2011, 06:33 PM)
You're short 75 cents over the course of three weeks? Sorry tick, but that's almost as petty as the dude who wanted us to walk half an hour to see rush because he was too cheap to pay for a metro ride (which is 2.50$).

Are you an idiot? Seriously, do you think this is a bout 75 cents? Its a bout a thief is is ripping people off. I hope this happens to you so you can take it all in stride.

Dude, I haven't run into someone who I've realised to be stealing my change. I always count it and when I come up short I just open the palm that I got my change in and tell them I'm mising X.xx$ in change. To be honest, I don't care about these kinds of petty theft becuse I don't believe it to be worth the time or the effort. There are much larger priorities in my life that I would much rather tend to.

If you feel being robbed of anything that is rightfully yours is acceptable then you are most surely a fool and not worthy of arguing with. atickhum.gif

actually "robbed" is more a term of being forced

"burgled" being stolen from, but not by force

i think what you were was "hamburgled"

tongue.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2011, 09:33 PM)

I get it. I was wrong. tongue.gif

Now we need a dancing bacon emoticon for you to end your posts with along with the tick one.

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 22 2011, 10:52 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2011, 06:33 PM)

actually "robbed" is more a term of being forced

"burgled" being stolen from, but not by force

i think what you were was "hamburgled"

tongue.gif

laugh.gif oh dear!

I'm with Tick here.

But to the kids credit he's pretty smart in some sense, mostly stupid, rarely anymore do people seem to pay attention to how much change they get back when they pay with money cause we distract ourselves in so many different ways we don't think twice of the 10 or in this case 25 cents we should be getting extra, we just wanna get out and go along our way since it is fairly convenient. Still I realize everyone's still in some hard times and you try and get ahead any way you can but come on kid, ya you work at Mcdonalds but you never know what can happen and stuff like that will continue on in life.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/jawkjaw/Hamburglar1-1.jpg

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2011, 08:33 PM)

will you still maintain your loyalty to mcdonalds or cross over to the other side? tongue.gif

You totally did the right thing. Anyone who says otherwise is a wimp, plain and simple. You probably scared him straight, and hopefully he stops screwing people over. If you were 'nice' to him about it, he'd keep on doing it since no one called him out like a man.

You get the McAlpha Award for 2011! tongue.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Apr 23 2011, 02:51 PM)
You totally did the right thing. Anyone who says otherwise is a wimp, plain and simple. You probably scared him straight, and hopefully he stops screwing people over. If you were 'nice' to him about it, he'd keep on doing it since no one called him out like a man.

Exactly. My anger was controlled and calculated. I did what I did for cause and effect. I purposely threw an F bomb in my design to punctuate what I said to him. The little shit needs to straighten up and fly right or his petty bullshit will lead to bigger stupider shit. Saying politely, "excuse me, this is the third time you shorted me a quarter?" was NOT going to cut it.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Apr 23 2011, 02:51 PM)

Really? That kid made him his bitch when he stole the first two quarters.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 22 2011, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 22 2011, 11:42 AM)
Oh for God's sake you guys. You're missing the point. It's not about the damn 25 cents! Its about the PRINCIPLE of the matter, where people can shortchange and pocket a little something exatra for themselves! It could be a penny or 100 dollars, either way it's wrong and doesn't belong in a work environment.

True, but there are more tactful ways of handling it. There was no need for the anger. Like Workaholic Man said, he just needed to handle things firmly with the employee and the manager.

If it had been me I would have parked my car, walked into the store and confronted the employee and manager immediately. I would have shown them my receipt and the change I was given. If this kid was stealing, which is appears he was, then it should have been brought up to management right then and there, as loudly as possible in the front of the store with all the other customers around to witness so they can be made aware and check their change whenever they visit this store.

It's "only" 75 cents but how many other people was this kid doing this to? Wrong is wrong and it should be confronted whenever possible.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 23 2011, 06:55 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 22 2011, 11:28 AM)
So a week later I go back and order the same thing and pay with a 5. Once again I receive $2.32 back instead of the $2.57 I should have.

1. You should have said something right then and there.

2. You should have said it POLITELY and with ZERO hositility.

3. The cashier's age and skin color are completely irrelevant.

4. If the cashier argues, then you go in and talk to the manager....POLITELY but firmly.

Hope this helps..... smile.gif

I'll handle my affairs as I see fit.

Hope your clear on that? smile.gif

tick-san, I recommend going back there while the guy is working. Then, while wearing a red-riding hood wolf/grandma outfit ('ya know, just so that he won't be on to you), you should order the exact same thing and slip him a 5er.

http://www.dreamdollsgallery.com/Bears/wolf_small.jpg

If the lowlife scumbag maggot-ridden vermin slips up again I recommend hiring one of these 2 crews to get some hardcore results:

1st:

http://marvelheros.free.fr/2/images/bd_powerman-ironfist.jpg

2nd:

http://www.yowazzup.com/blog/images/the-expendables-movie.jpg

One visit from either group, and the dude will be paying for new teeth with the quarters that he had scammed. 1287.gif

Personally, I would've gone with a praying mantis kung fu shot to the kidneys followed by putting a voodoo curse on him and all his kin. But that's just me. trink38.gif

So every once in awhile I stop at Mcdonalds on my lunch break when I'm in a hurry and didn't bring anything for lunch.
I order a double cheeseburger and a small fry and it comes out to $2.43 with tax. I went a couple weeks ago and paid with a $5 dollar bill and was handed back $2.32 for change. I drove away and said, I was shortchanged a quarter?
So a week later I go back and order the same thing and pay with a 5. Once again I receive $2.32 back instead of the $2.57 I should have. It was the same young Black male on the register. I thought is this kid stupid, or ripping people off? I was annoyed.
Yesterday I went back for the third time in about 3 weeks and ordered the same thing once more. I hear the kid say, "2.43 please". So I pull up to the window thinking, this kid better hand me back the right change or I'm gonna lose it.
I hand him a 5 and he hands me back my change. I look in my hand and see once again I am a quarter short. I say loudly to the closed window... "HEY!"
He opens the window and I look at him and say.."THIS IS THE THIRD f***ing TIME IN 3 TRIES YOU SHORTCHANGED ME EXACTLY A QUARTER! EITHER YOUR f***ing STUPID, OR SOMETHING ELSE IS GOING ON HERE! WHAT THE f**k IS UP WITH YOU!" He panics and says, "I gave you the quarter sir, you dropped it on the ground I swear." I told him, no I did not. I would know if I dropped change out of my hand? I didn't. He says I gave it to you sir. I said, "just give me the f***ing quarter now!"
I was so pissed when I drove off it stayed with me. I called this morning and told them they might want to watch this kid cause he is scamming his customers by shortchanging them. I also told his manager that when I called him on it, he panicked and said I dropped the quarter and when I asked him for another quarter, he produced it immediately. I happen to know you can't open your drawer unless you are making a transaction without a manager. She said, you are correct, you can not. She asked for my name and number and I declined. I said, take my information as credible or don't but this kid is robbing people and he won't get caught because his drawer will never even come up short.
She thanked me repeatedly and said there will be a conversation with her superior about it.
I hope that asshole gets what he deserves.

It's not a quarter. 25 cents adds up to a grand over a couple days of doing that. I say whack the kid. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

On the other hand, If he had been selling bags of weed at the Burger King drive thru like they did here in detroit, then that would be totally different. She was merely helping people with a convenience.

That boy was STEALING MONEY FROM THE VERY CUSTOMERS who are there to do business (SALES) which provides for his future employment there at micked d's. pffft...

So a car goes to the window every 2 minutes and this guy is probably taking a quarter from everyone that pays cash....(I use my card). So, eight hour shift at the window = 240 cars (if steady...which MCD's usually is). Let;s give a conservative estimate that half pay with a card....So that's 120 times $.25.

That's $30 a day. Let's say he works a 5 day week....that's $150 a week and $7,800 tax free dollars a year.

Reminds me of the scam where someone put a code on a banks software and took one cent out of every deposit.