This is Rush's final tour

nealpert

As long as the boys remain healthy, there will be another tour to supprt Clockwork Angels. And the album is almost done, why in the world would you say no more studio albums?

Oh, wait...maybe you just like the attention that comes with starting a thread like this...but do people actually start threads just to get attention? Is that stuff really done?! rofl3.gif

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 29 2011, 10:48 AM)
Geddy sang his ass off early on in his career, and it's taking its toll now. His voice is not immortal, and will only be around for a limited time. Some day in the next few years, chances are good that Geddy will no longer be able to sing, at least in a live situation. The band will not seek a replacement vocalist. They have said, when Geddy can no longer sing, the band is done.

IMO, NEIL will be the one who calls it quits first. Geddy & Alex are still having a great time touring - truly enjoying it. Neil... not so much. He basically pulls the strings & does what he wants to (hence, the postponed shows early in this leg). It's a gentle balancing act keeping him happy & content on the road and I think he knows it.

Right now, there are plans to tour next year to support the new album. So, while I disagree with OP about this being Rush's final tour, I also believe that the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel is coming into sight.

**Again, this is just MY opinion**

Edited by FOH Lights

In my opinion, they'll do a Clockwork Angels Tour in 2012 because Alex said so smile.gif (the only REASON I'd see for it NOT happening is a major one such as health issues from one of the member of the band) and then, I'm tempted to say they'll do some sort of ''R40'', one last studio album/last tour to support the said album and that will be it, sadly... sad.gif Edited by PriestfromSyrinx

It feels as if the person who started this thread didn't put much thought into it and didn't explain himself at all. That bring said, I completely disagree. Rush said that they would have. New studio album, Clockwork Angels, and everybody knows that it's going to happen, seeing as they've already released two singles. About the tours? One more, maybe. CA in it's entirety is likely if there aren't too many songs on it.

Theoretically it is their last tour...heard it through the grapevine.

Anyway, many in this thread say the thing that would stop them from touring is their health...well, do you think Alex and Neil are in perfect health? They couldn't both be in pain with tendinitis could they? Why would they tell their fans?

The current tour is for their retirement fund.

QUOTE (nealpert @ Apr 21 2011, 05:02 AM)
That is my prediction
Studio album not likley
But definatly no more tours
Dont ask me why

AlienSmiley.gif

A Troll Thread.

This is my prediction.

Dont ask me why!

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 29 2011, 11:57 PM)
I predict after the CA tour, they'll take 2-3 years off and go on tour again.

Ding, Ding, we have a winner! They will have crossed the 60ish year line by then but they will hit the road once again, with 40 years together under their belts. yes.gif

QUOTE (thebernreuter @ Apr 29 2011, 07:54 AM)
Geddy's voice. I didn't go this tour because it's gotten to where it's too hard to listen to. I hate to say it because he is one of my all time vocal heroes, but he just cracks too much now. Either they need to space the dates out way more, play for less than three hours (no), play more instrumentals because they're better than ever instrumentally, or just stop. I don't want them to go out as an embarrassment like some of the shit "classic rock" bands; they're way too awesome and important to music for that.

Geddy should just lipsync

They could have done the olympics too

QUOTE (nealpert @ May 3 2011, 02:00 PM)
QUOTE (thebernreuter @ Apr 29 2011, 07:54 AM)
Geddy's voice. I didn't go this tour because it's gotten to where it's too hard to listen to. I hate to say it because he is one of my all time vocal heroes, but he just cracks too much now. Either they need to space the dates out way more, play for less than three hours (no), play more instrumentals because they're better than ever instrumentally, or just stop. I don't want them to go out as an embarrassment like some of the shit "classic rock" bands; they're way too awesome and important to music for that.

Geddy should just lipsync

They could have done the olympics too

actually his voice IS getting pretty bad. I first noticed it on the S&A tour. The last time I remember him actually sounding good was R30.

QUOTE (thebernreuter @ Apr 29 2011, 06:54 AM)

Agree with this.....I get a kick out of people that say his voice sounds better than ever......it's clearly getting worse.....

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 3 2011, 08:54 PM)
Rush are really on cruise control.  At this point it would be too hard for them to walk away from easy, significant income procured by touring.

And why should they?

In a musical climate where the only albums that make any significant money are the ones aimed at 12 year old girls, bands that can still thrive on the road are damned lucky. Rush are one of those bands, and they would be idiots of the first order if they didn't take advantage of that. They continue to tour because they CAN, and because they're not in the music business to give their talents away for free.

Feel free to not buy a concert ticket, and wait for the new album next year. The band will miss seeing you at their shows, but they'll get over it.

I have a feeling that Rush will do an R40 tour in 2014, and THAT will be their final tour...more than likely. But ya never know...they might go longer than THAT...maybe call it quits BEFORE that. In the words of Prime Mover, "Anything can happen..." wink.gif

Kinda makes sense though...

*Finish and release Clockwork Angels in Spring 2012

*Tour throughout 2012 in support of Clockwork Angels

*Take a (well deserved) year off during 2013 (possibly release a live dvd/cd from the CA tour)

*Tour throughout 2014 in celebration of the band's 40th anniversary - with the ULTIMATE setlist! 1022.gif

If the band decided to do this, as much as it would be bittersweet to see the band finally hang up the towel, I would be content with it. yes.gif But if they decide to record/tour BEYOND 2014, then GREAT! trink39.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 3 2011, 08:35 PM)
We need to be realistic, and work under the premise that the CA tour will be their last. Any other tours after that will be a bonus.

That seems realistic enough, but I still think that if they took a nice long break all throughout 2013, they will be up for doing an R40 tour, and THEN call it quits. But like i sayed, anything can happen...

I think Rush would only retire if...

1) They don't get enough money anymore

2) They don't have fun anymore

3) They aren't physically able to do it anymore

Option 1 isn't the case and will never happen since they are more popular than ever and ticket prices are higher than ever but fans still buy them.

Option 2 isn't the case either, obviously they still have lots of fun onstage aswell as in the studio, at least for Geddy and Alex. I'm not sure about Neil since he always looks so serious with rarely a smile on his face. Maybe he could call it quits one day even if the others guys don't want to.

Option 3 is the most likely one and I'm not sure whether Geddy or Neil will be first. It's pretty much unpredictable. Though I think Geddy is still doing a good job for his age and he doesn't seem to be struggling much most of the time. But he could lose his voice any day.

However I'd personally say that Neil is the critical factor.

Apart from this I'm pretty sure the current tour won't be the last one and if none of the above 3 options becomes valid I believe there will be another last tour after CA, but of course that's just speculation. "Anything can happen" as quoted before.

I only hope they will visit Germany another time after this current tour...

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 3 2011, 10:10 PM)
I thought they were done 14 years ago after T4E. I never would have dreamed they'd still be touring in 2011.

Im not sure I thought theyd last this long, and certainly not playing as long shows as they do. They still put on great shows and are even making some good new music (IMO) - not a bad deal nearly 40 years in..

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 3 2011, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 3 2011, 10:10 PM)
I thought they were done 14 years ago after T4E. I never would have dreamed they'd still be touring in 2011.

Im not sure I thought theyd last this long, and certainly not playing as long shows as they do. They still put on great shows and are even making some good new music (IMO) - not a bad deal nearly 40 years in..

Yep!