I'm having brain surgery!!!

Drumnut

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw man this is huge. All good thoughts your way for things to go well and that you get the most out of the procedure. Here's to a life with little to no seizures at all!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Apr 20 2011, 11:59 PM)
I posted this in the topic I use as my info and seizure diary topic. Unless you have Epilepsy or know someone who does, you probably don't check in there very often. Tomorrow morning, April 21st at 2:30 in the afternoon, I have an appointment to meet the surgeon and go over the surgery process she will be performing. My surgery is scheduled for April 25th!!! I'm having a Right Temporal Lobectomy done at THE SPINE AND BRAIN INSTITUTE out here in Las Vegas, NV. I've been through all the tests and am ready to go, I'm having brain surgery! Hopefully, this is to end or at least control my Epilepsy. The end result is to hopefully, get my seizures under control and reduce some or most the medication I take for it. Wish me luck, it's been a long time coming and the people I've talked to who have had this surgery have had positive results. It's not always a win, win situation, for some people. For some, it clears up their seizures completely, for others, it decreases the frequency with fewer meds. My surgeon is very optimistic that this surgery should clear up most or all of my seizures and get me off of the dizzying meds I take for them every day! I'm excited but I'm scared at the same time, this IS brain surgery but hopefully it is to get my Epilepsy under control!

All the best to you! I hope all the best for surgery and recovery.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 21 2011, 10:56 AM)
Good luck, I really hope all goes well. I'll keep good thoughts for you.

You can have them just remove it and you'd be just like Bob biggrin.gif

Don't be so insulting! I'm sure he'd still be much smarter than Bob is, even without the brain. biggrin.gif

Good luck with the surgery! I hope it will make you be able to live your life without medication and having to worry about when your next seizure will be!

P.S. Bob, you know we're only kidding, sort of. tongue.gif

hug2.gif You know I'm so happy for you and wish you all of the best concerning your surgery. I hope you have a swift recovery and that the surgery is successful with controlling or stopping the seizures. biggrin.gif

Keep us posted!

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes on my Epilepsy surgery. I went to the hospital today for final blood tests to ensure that if needed, they have my blood type on hand during surgery. Everything is ready to go as of today, my surgery will be on April 25th. I'm going to the hospital first thing the morning of the 25th and expect to be there at least 3 to 5 days. My recovery will be at home after that at my own pace. One thing I hope to do while I'm recovering at home is to finally kick the smoking habit, cigarettes at least. I want to quit smoking filthy, expensive cigarettes and get into a medical Marijuana program to treat my Epilepsy after this and get off of as many Epilepsy prescription meds as I can. Again everyone, thank you! I will post about how I am feeling as my recovery permits.

If you have any MJ, smoke some for me!!! cool10.gif

Danny ~ this is truly a blessing. Something to improve the seizure rate and thereby improve your life dramatically.

Sending much love and prayers to you for a speedy recovery. Know that we are right here pulling for you to heal quickly and return.

wub.gif th1245.gif

I hope you have lookd at ALL your alternatives. Taking out a piece of your brain is a risky, extreme move.

As a chiropractor, I have seen a lot of people improve and even eliminate seizures without meds, by changing diet, yoga/meditation, chiropractic, acupuncture, etc.

There is no guarentees with any of these but at least they don't have the same risks of surgery.

Whatever your outcome, I wish you the best.

ohmy.gif Oh, its happening on Monday?!, in your PM you mentioned the surgery was on May 5th.

I TRULY hope this surgery will be successful for you Danny, you've been through So much with this Epilepsy crap hug2.gif

Sending Positive Thoughts and Prayers to You for a successful surgery, and a speedy recovery heart.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Apr 20 2011, 11:59 PM)
I posted this in the topic I use as my info and seizure diary topic. Unless you have Epilepsy or know someone who does, you probably don't check in there very often. Tomorrow morning, April 21st at 2:30 in the afternoon, I have an appointment to meet the surgeon and go over the surgery process she will be performing. My surgery is scheduled for April 25th!!! I'm having a Right Temporal Lobectomy done at THE SPINE AND BRAIN INSTITUTE out here in Las Vegas, NV. I've been through all the tests and am ready to go, I'm having brain surgery! Hopefully, this is to end or at least control my Epilepsy. The end result is to hopefully, get my seizures under control and reduce some or most the medication I take for it. Wish me luck, it's been a long time coming and the people I've talked to who have had this surgery have had positive results. It's not always a win, win situation, for some people. For some, it clears up their seizures completely, for others, it decreases the frequency with fewer meds. My surgeon is very optimistic that this surgery should clear up most or all of my seizures and get me off of the dizzying meds I take for them every day! I'm excited but I'm scared at the same time, this IS brain surgery but hopefully it is to get my Epilepsy under control!

wow Danny!

Im excited & scared for u. I know how much this means to u.

Hope everything works out. Ull DEFINATLY be in my thoughts

hug2.gif heart.gif

Im nervous for u ph34r.gif

ps. before my open heart surgery I made my dr show me how steady his hands were lol & made him take his mask off so i knew it was him under that mask tongue.gif

just sayin'!!! lol

ill be lookin forward to ur update ASAP!! hug2.gif

Edited by DonnaWanna

lots of love & luck to you today Danny!!!! hug2.gif heart.gif