Hamilton Ontario Review

zeeman333

Early morning after my 6th Rush show (second time seeing the Time Machine Tour) As usual, the boys were on fire!! What a show!! I saw them last year in Toronto outside in the summer. I can tell you the indoor show was way better because of the amazing light show.

The boys were fantastic with extra kudos to Neil. He had extra kick in his performance smile.gif Might have something to do that he was born and raised in this area.

IMHO the crowd wasn't as crazy as I expected. Even though the place was sold out, many were sitting after the the fourth song. However, they did show their appreciation after each song.

The highlight of the night for me was the encore. The boys really kicked it into gear and I went home with a huge smile on my face smile.gif

Can't wait for the next tour smile.gif

Thank you 2.gif

Agreed! It was a fantastic show.

My only regret was not getting my ticket sooner.

While I had a great view (from stage left, upper bowl) of Alex and Geddy, Neil's face and head was blocked by some of the side stage crap.

And I wasn't able to see the screen so missed out on a good portion of the humour they so obviously injected into the show.

I was very glad that I was able to go ... and get a ticket at such a last minute!

Absolutely amazing show!!!!

Last night was my 4th time seeing the boys, and man oh man were they ever on fire!!! They still have it, and it seems to me they keep getting better and better every tour. Perhaps these guys really do have a time machine. tongue.gif smile.gif

I loved the little mention by Geddy about Neil being born in Hamilton. That got a good roar from the crowd!

Great show as usual.

Neil seemed to have a bit of a tough night, by my count he went 3 for 8 on the drum stick toss lol

Seemed to me it looked like he hurt his hand right at the end of Subdivisions.

Either way it was fantastic even from where I was sitting.

I had an aisle seat in the last section up top before the cut off. Every now and then a couple people would sit down in the empty seats in the section next to us but security would be on them so fast. I remember about 4 or 5 songs in security kicked like 25 people outta there and in the middle of a song made them all go back to their assigned seat pissing off a lot of us who hadnt moved as we now had to stand up to let them back in or get blocked by people standing up.

Right near the end of the show at the start of 2112 security came up once again for two guys who refused to move, their reason for not going to their regular seat being that the roof was leaking right onto their seat lol.

Anyway great night and the best part about having the show in Hamilton was even though i stayed in my seat right through till the end of the outro video, I was at home about 15-20 minutes after the boys left the stage, awesome.

You must have been close by ...

The bigger issue I was having was that all of the people in front of me seemed to all be in the wrong seats.

I think we were half way through the first set before things settled down enough that I wasn't having to look around these bozos to see the stage.

On another note, I've been to 3 of the 4 shows you have posted in your sig. ;-)

2.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif TWO THUMBS UP for me ..

11th Rush concert to date - 2nd time for this tour.

They sounded better than they did at the ACC .I think COPPS just had the right acoustic mix this time around.

4.5 out of 5 stars

They played tighter as a unit this time and GEDDY really expressed his Bass talents throughout the show.

Neil my man.......... " the most influencial drummer of all time "- Kudoso

Was anyone at Stonewalls before the show for Crush for Rush?

If so-----------WHY ONE BARTENDER ??????? holy crap - wtf.gif

Amazing show. The crowd was way too tame, but I'm there for my own enjoyment, so I loved it haha.

Oh, and they shouldn't take debit cards for merch. I stood there for half an hour waiting for someone's card to work. I wasn't able to get one of the shirts I wanted. Blah.

Anyways, what an awesome show! Marathon, again, was the highlight for me. They really seemed to speed it up this time. It felt a little slower when I saw them in Sarnia. Both performances were insane, though.

Ahh, I love it. Still recovering from all the goodness.

I was at Stonewalls in Hamilton before the show and it was packed...with only 1 bartender as you mentioned sad.gif No matter, I didn't mind because it was 2.gif I was going to see smile.gif

Crush for Rush was fun. I like how they smashed the tv, golf clubs, the guys mother-in-laws picture etc. I met the people who won the front row tickets and they were so excited! First ever concert for them and it was to see 2.gif

Overall a great night! smile.gif

Thanks for the pics, Barney. We drove from London and thoroughly enjoyed the show. Marathon was one of my favorites, as was Working Man (although it was sad because I knew it was the last song). Driving home was not enjoyable (pouring rain, lightning, reduced visibility) but I will drive through worse in the future to enjoy another 3 hours of Rush!

A agree the boys played amazing last night. Basically flawless IMHO. This is the 3rd time seeing them this tour and I have one more time in Austin, Texas in June. I have seen them every tour since Grace Under Pressure. Alex was shredding, Geddy was on fire and Neil (I thought) looked strong. The sound was spectacular where I was sitting. The best thing for me was taking my 9 year old son to his first concert. He loved it and watched intently. He was pissed off at all the people getting up from their seats over and over disurpting the show for everyone else. I don't know about others here on this forum but HOLY CRAP sit the f**k down, forget the beer, hold your piss and pay F**king attention to the greatest musicians of our time. Get beer and piss at intermission and when the master of the drums is showcasing his talent pay him the respect he deserves by watching and listening. Sorry for the rant but come on...we are not at a baseball or football game!!! This is RUSH!

QUOTE (wannabe @ Apr 20 2011, 07:12 PM)
A agree the boys played amazing last night. Basically flawless IMHO. This is the 3rd time seeing them this tour and I have one more time in Austin, Texas in June. I have seen them every tour since Grace Under Pressure. Alex was shredding, Geddy was on fire and Neil (I thought) looked strong. The sound was spectacular where I was sitting. The best thing for me was taking my 9 year old son to his first concert. He loved it and watched intently. He was pissed off at all the people getting up from their seats over and over disurpting the show for everyone else. I don't know about others here on this forum but HOLY CRAP sit the f**k down, forget the beer, hold your piss and pay F**king attention to the greatest musicians of our time. Get beer and piss at intermission and when the master of the drums is showcasing his talent pay him the respect he deserves by watching and listening. Sorry for the rant but come on...we are not at a baseball or football game!!! This is RUSH!

Totally agree. This was my first Rush show (im only 16 but they are my fav band for sure) and I hate it when people either dont stand up or dont sit down at concerts. I mean, preferably everyone should stand up and rock out, but if your sitting and really paying attention then people shouldnt be getting up and going and getting beer. I gave this one guy who left for the drum solo a big glare. Its one of the best parts of the show man!!!

I have to agree too, whenever and wherever I am for a Rush show, I devote my whole attention to the stage. I may grab some quick pics in throughout the night, a lot of air drumming and guitar in there too.. But I never leave until the last note is played. Mind you, I have been leaving just as the final video comes on to, no pun intended, beat the rush out of the lot.

I hated Red Rocks (the first time in 2007) because the row I was in carried through both sides of the amphitheater. It seems at the Rocks they sell beer during the show and they were coming right thru the row during the show selling beer and other stuff. I'm not at a baseball game, I'm at a rock concert! Yes, I definitely hate people getting up for beers and "pee break songs." I had that the whole night in Detroit, the four guys next to me came and the one said immediately to his three buddies "okay, which songs are the ones to get up and get some beers/washroom break," seriously!! laugh.gif The guy was plotting out on his iphone the whole setlist.

Edited by Enviro_tech

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Apr 20 2011, 05:58 PM)
Thanks for the pics, Barney. We drove from London and thoroughly enjoyed the show. Marathon was one of my favorites, as was Working Man (although it was sad because I knew it was the last song). Driving home was not enjoyable (pouring rain, lightning, reduced visibility) but I will drive through worse in the future to enjoy another 3 hours of Rush!

We drove from London also. It really was a hectic drive home with that weather haha.

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Apr 21 2011, 03:06 AM)
QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Apr 20 2011, 05:58 PM)
Thanks for the pics, Barney.  We drove from London and thoroughly enjoyed the show.  Marathon was one of my favorites, as was Working Man (although it was sad because I knew it was the last song).  Driving home was not enjoyable (pouring rain, lightning, reduced visibility) but I will drive through worse in the future to enjoy another 3 hours of Rush!

We drove from London also. It really was a hectic drive home with that weather haha.

and it kept getting worse alllll the way to Detroit sad.gif

one of the toughest drives I've ever made after a show

QUOTE (Enviro_tech @ Apr 20 2011, 08:37 PM)

I hated Red Rocks (the first time in 2007)

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I don't understand why peeps pay good money to see a show and then get shit-faced! They usually end up spilling that beer on someone who's actually trying to watch the show!!!

Edited by nobodys hero

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 21 2011, 10:27 AM)
QUOTE (Enviro_tech @ Apr 20 2011, 08:37 PM)

I hated Red Rocks (the first time in 2007)

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I don't understand why peeps pay good money to see a show and then get shit-faced! They usually end up spilling that beer on someone who's actually trying to watch the show!!!

I agree, I only get water for every concert I go to so I don't dehydrate... I can't understand it either, some people need a running bar tap next to them the whole show. laugh.gif I'll have my brews before the event but usually not during, also makes sense cause I'm usually driving myself back to hotel or home afterwards.

Oh yeah, spilling beer, don't get me started!! laugh.gif Tuesday night in Hamilton someone did just that right in front row, I think it went into the ladies purse right up against the rails and all on the rubber floor mat, what a frackin' mess!

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Apr 21 2011, 09:03 AM)
We ran 2km back to our car from the venue.... We got soaked.

Yeah that storm was insane, I was up late getting my truck packed up for work in the rain. Not fun. Why won't winter leave us be?