Kirkland beer anyone?

Tick

I bought a case today of the variety pack. Its the Costco brand. Its made in different breweries depending on the region you live in.

In my area its made by Saranac out of New York.

Its only 18.99 a case for premium brew. Not a bad deal to say the least.

http://www.crumbyreviews.com/wp-content/gallery/kirkland-beer/cimg0873.jpg

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 20 2011, 09:44 AM)
i'd try the lager if someone was offering it at a barbeque or something.  all i know is kirkland coffee is terrible and too bitter for me so i hope their beer is a little better.

The beer is made by local micro breweries. In my area its Saranac, which is quite good.

and I like Kirkland coffee, myself.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Apr 20 2011, 09:47 AM)
Kirkland's batteries suck ph34r.gif

Want good batteries? Lowe's sells a brand called Utilitech. I think it's a store brand. I use 9v batteries for work, and I used to buy the 8-pack of Duracells at Costco for $15. Lowe's sells their 8-pack of Utilitechs for $10, and they last longer than Duracells. You can also get a 25-pack for $23. Less than a dollar a battery for 9v batts that last? That's a steal. And they sell those big economy packs for all the battery sizes.

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Apr 20 2011, 05:14 PM)
I've had the Kirkland beer a few times, didn't care for it. If I'm buying a case of beer at Costco, I'll spend the extra $6 and get Sierra Nevada.

Honestly, I bought a case because they were out of both types of Sam Adams they carry. Also the price is right and its brewed in my area by Saranac and they make good beer. You can't even buy Coors light for 18.99 a case and that's not even beer.

I've had the Kirkland beer a few times, didn't care for it. If I'm buying a case of beer at Costco, I'll spend the extra $6 and get Sierra Nevada.

Having finally opened the case I bought I will say its quite good indeed. Saranac makes it and they make good beer.

It was good enough to buy a second case! Any top notch brew that can be had for 18.99 a case is my kind of beer!

The India Pale Ale is very good, and I quite enjoy the Belgian White as well.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ May 1 2011, 09:41 PM)
I've had the Kirkland beer a few times, didn't care for it.  If I'm buying a case of beer at Costco, I'll spend the extra $6 and get Sierra Nevada.

Having finally opened the case I bought I will say its quite good indeed. Saranac makes it and they make good beer.

Maybe Kirkland tastes different than Saranac? I have tried to enjoy the beers made by this brewery but the aftertaste always gets me. I am one that usually enjoys microbrews too.