Someone ELSE not very happy...

ALifeson85

...about the lack of changes in Rush's 2011 leg of the tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjwp9SRQ1yQ

NO INTENTION TO OFFEND...and this does NOT reflect my own views of the setlist. It's just funny, lol. tongue.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

I'm actually really happy about there not being any changes. If they were to have used another person than hitler, I might have found it funny but I find that video quite tasteless.

Seems like everything I've posted on here lately is either of no interest, or out of taste. Someone just lock the thread already. Im done.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 19 2011, 08:53 PM)
Seems like everything I've posted on here lately is either of no interest, or out of taste. Someone just lock the thread already. Im done.

Don't base your posts just on one person's opinion. I'm just a little sensitive to Second World War/Hitler jokes. I just recently finished reading MAUS and the images in that book haunt you long after you've put it down.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Apr 19 2011, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 19 2011, 07:51 PM)
I'm actually really happy about there not being any changes. If they were to have used another person than hitler, I might have found it funny but I find that video quite tasteless.

Downfall was actually a good movie.

It really is a good movie. I think it would actually be tasteless to use actual footage of Hitler for that parody. Like i sayed - no intention to offend. If enough people are off-put by this video, I will request an admin to remove it.

Dude, you posted this thread a mere 8 minutes ago. Give it a chance! wink.gif

I thought it was funny. That bit has been done a lot on the past few years, but a lot of them are funny. The Giants/Cowboys one is still the best, though.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 19 2011, 09:00 PM)

Don't base your posts just on one person's opinion. I'm just a little sensitive to Second World War/Hitler jokes. I just recently finished reading MAUS and the images in that book haunt you long after you've put it down.

I like it when Hitler and Nazis are mocked.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 19 2011, 08:00 PM)

Once again - i apologize. Yes, it's a pretty sensitive subject. I just thought the video was funny, especially for making fun of those complaining about no changes being made to this year's setlist... eh.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 19 2011, 09:05 PM)

Once again - i apologize. Yes, it's a pretty sensitive subject. I just thought the video was funny, especially for making fun of those complaining about no changes being made to this year's setlist... eh.gif

One guy, on guy.

Satire, along with mocking Nazis can be funny. I think this was.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Apr 19 2011, 08:07 PM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 19 2011, 09:05 PM)

One guy, on guy.

Satire, along with mocking Nazis can be funny. I think this was.

I guess i jumped the gun a bit with the "lock the thread" comment. Its just that usually when I start a thread, and the first reply is negative, most of the other following replies follow suit.

I agree with Hitler on this one. As much as I love 'Faithless'...would have been nice to see 'Jacob's Ladder' (or 'Natural Science').

LMAO laugh.gif

cant see why anyone should get bent outta shape about this ,its not like mocking the horror of the holocaust or trying to belittle the tragedy of world war 2,this mocks hitler who was a tw**. eyesre4.gif

This forum is a joke. I've been here for maybe a year and 90% of what it is just people bitching about the band. They whore monger by double dipping on tours, they don't change the setlist, why won't they write AFTK Part II? If you people don't like what they do, how they do it, f**k off! The negativity surrounding a band that is widely considered one of the best in history is an insult to music itself. You guys think you can do so much f***ing better? Pick up a guitar or a microphone or a drum kit and go do it. Otherwise, shut the f**k up.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Apr 20 2011, 06:44 AM)
This forum is a joke. I've been here for maybe a year and 90% of what it is just people bitching about the band. They whore monger by double dipping on tours, they don't change the setlist, why won't they write AFTK Part II? If you people don't like what they do, how they do it, f**k off! The negativity surrounding a band that is widely considered one of the best in history is an insult to music itself. You guys think you can do so much f***ing better? Pick up a guitar or a microphone or a drum kit and go do it. Otherwise, shut the f**k up.

Like i mentioned on my original post - the video dose NOT reflect MY personal view of the setlist. I'm fine with it. It's just poking fun at those who continually bitch and moan about it - that's all.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Apr 20 2011, 07:44 AM)
This forum is a joke.  I've been here for maybe a year and 90% of what it is just people bitching about the band.  They whore monger by double dipping on tours, they don't change the setlist, why won't they write AFTK Part II?  If you people don't like what they do, how they do it, f**k off!  The negativity surrounding  a band that is widely considered one of the best in history is an insult to music itself.  You guys think you can do so much f***ing better?  Pick up a guitar or a microphone or a drum kit and go do it.  Otherwise, shut the f**k up.

You f*ckin tell Hitler! Ticketbastard? You're the bastard you.. Hitler! Right on Snyder80. trink39.gif

you were talking to Hitler, right unsure.gif