Vertigo and nausea... feeling like crap!

Hemispheres89

I've felt this way consistently for about a week now, and i'm a bit disappointed. It's hard to be excited and fully enjoy the show when you've got this on your plate.

It's not so bad that I can't get up and go, but I do feel highly disoriented around a place taht has lots of objects/people.

Hopefully it eases up alittle bit for tomorrow night!

Who else will be going to the hamilton show?

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Apr 18 2011, 05:37 PM)
Vertigo sucks! I had a serious bout a few months ago. Did your doctor give you exersizes to do (head motion stuff)? It really works.

Hope you can rally and enjoy the show!!!

I've actually seen the doctor last week and he has referred me to an ear, nose and throat doctor. That appointment is for tomorrow morning, coincidentally.

I think mine is due to stress. To be honest, the nausea factor is more annoying than the vertigo itself in my case.. but I have seen firsthand just how bad it can be. My mom gets bouts of it all the tiem and she can't even stand up or barely open her eyes.

Thanks for your comment smile.gif

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Apr 18 2011, 05:26 PM)
I've felt this way consistently for about a week now, and i'm a bit disappointed. It's hard to be excited and fully enjoy the show when you've got this on your plate.

It's not so bad that I can't get up and go, but I do feel highly disoriented around a place taht has lots of objects/people.

Hopefully it eases up alittle bit for tomorrow night!
Who else will be going to the hamilton show?

i'm going, but stayin' away from you tongue.gif

Thanks for all the input, guys!

I had my appointment this morning. I had ear wax removed, a hearing test, and a middle ear presure test that i will get the results back from later. My hearing is perfect apparently.

My symptoms are simply caused by being overly stressed/anxious. I was told to do deep breaths and even yawns. When I do this now, the nausea subsides almost entirely. I just need to friggin RELAX!!!

SO EXCITED! 7 hours until show time 1022.gif

Which sections are you guys sitting in? I'm in sec 210

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Apr 19 2011, 01:06 PM)
I had my appointment this morning. I had ear wax removed, a hearing test, and a middle ear presure test that i will get the results back from later. My hearing is perfect apparently.

My symptoms are simply caused by being overly stressed/anxious. I was told to do deep breaths and even yawns. When I do this now, the nausea subsides almost entirely. I just need to friggin RELAX!!!

SO EXCITED! 7 hours until show time 1022.gif

Which sections are you guys sitting in? I'm in sec 210

Great to hear you're feeling better!!! There is nothing worse than not feeling well at a concert. I was battling dehydration all day when I saw Genesis in Toronto in 2007. It was awful. Luckily I felt better around show time!!!

I'm sitting in section 109 tonight!!!

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Apr 20 2011, 06:06 AM)

SO EXCITED!  7 hours until show time  1022.gif

Which sections are you guys sitting in?  I'm in sec 210

Try meditation, even just for a few mins a day. You would be surprised at the results. I could go on, but I won't.

My mom gets anxiety disorder during concerts and sporting events. Usually happens in the far up high 200 or 300 level sections, but it has even happened in a small theater at Stratford Festival and movie theatres. She has found out now, about half of a gravol works to calm everything down and I've got her a set of ear filters. No more issues at all for concerts.