Auburn Hills

jesse2112

Just got home from the show wow it was awesome. I have no idea how to compare that to Toledo they were both just sooooo good. I really liked Lerxsts brief vocals in 2112. rofl3.gif Edited by jesse2112

We had a great time, way better than Toledo. I took my buddy Mike who last saw Rush in 1976 at the Michigan Palace in Detroit when KISS opened up for Rush...or was it the other way around?

This show was insane, best show yet for me. The band was so full of energy and the crowd was really into it. Well Detroit IS the home of Rock-n-Roll. We were side stage Geddy side only 5 rows up and had The Professor aiming right at us. Geddy and Alex were hamming it up and really heavy all night 1022.gif Thanks again to Rush Presale for the great tickets. Now bring on Clockwork Angels and the next tour please. 2.gif

Edited by vprtrls

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Apr 18 2011, 07:15 AM)
We had a great time, way better than Toledo. I took my buddy Mike who last saw Rush in 1976 at the Michigan Palace in Detroit when KISS opened up for Rush...or was it the other way around?

This show was insane, best show yet for me. The band was so full of energy and the crowd was really into it. Well Detroit IS the home of Rock-n-Roll. We were side stage Geddy side only 5 rows up and had The Professor aiming right at us. Geddy and Alex were hamming it up and really heavy all night 1022.gif Thanks again to Rush Presale for the great tickets. Now bring on Clockwork Angels and the next tour please. 2.gif

Auburn Hills definitely gave a better audience and I took my dad to his first Rush show and he really enjoyed it.

1022.gif Awesome Show!!!!! It was my first time seeing them and I wish I wouldn't have waited so long. I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!! I'm listen to the setlist on my iPod trying to embed the memories.

2.gif

it was YYZ and it was HILARIOUS!!!!

NP tosses stick like he has a million times before...

...looks up...

...get an OH SHIT! look in his eyes....

...and quickly grabs a new stick from his bag.

My buddy and I were cracking up about that one.. it was AWESOME!

Yeah Alex's 2112 "ahhhhh, ahhhh!" I laughed pretty hard.. Oh yeah I almost forgot about the hi-five! Geddy was trying to get Alex to do it for a few and then it finally happened.. That was the Rush I'm used to seeing, you could tell they were so relaxed and happy that filming was done and over with.. A huge weight lifted.. tonite back in Canada for Hamilton it's going to be insane!!

Already posted a lil review on RIAB, here's pics for those interested https://picasaweb.google.com/envirotech03/RushDetroit2011#

First chance I've had to sign in since the concert. Being a 30+ concert veteran, all I can say is WOW, what an amazing show! 1022.gif

LOVED the Time Machine concept and the various vintage pics that were thrown in; lots of memories there! All of the video was cool, especially that closing bit! rofl3.gif

Can't remember The Camera Eye being played live for a loooong time. (my all-time favorite Rush song). Loved the variety of songs and the lighting was absolutely mind-blowing. I was somewhat surprised that Geddy was still hitting plenty of "high" notes, actually a whole lot more than I thought he would.

Bottom line; all three of them were superb and it sure looked like they were having a good time. Heck, I even saw Neil smiling...quite a few times.

THANKS for an outstanding evening! 2.gif

Bashton